|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So, Dimitrov is through to the next round where he will face either qualifier Santiago Giraldo or another seed Stanislas Wawrinka. That match will be on Thursday though so he will at least have a day to recover from tonight's heroics.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) 3-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Grigor Dimitrov has beaten the world number one! The Bulgarian finds a great cross court forehand that Djokovic, going for the change-of-direction forehand down the line. But he can only hit wide. And it is 21-year-old Dimitrov who has the biggest win of his career and is through to the third round.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) 3-5 - Dimitrov finds himself on the right end of two more match points as Djokovic sends a forehand long down the centre of the court ...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) 3-5 - Dimitrov just misses a forehand down the line after running around the ball and it allows Djokovic to level at deuce. But consecutive return of serve winners from the world number one help Dimitrov hold. Djokovic will have to serve to stay in this match next...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) 3-4 - Djokovic again has little problem on serve as he holds to keep the deficit down to just the one break in this final set. Dimitrov is potentially just two games away from the win once again.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) 2-4 - Another uncharacteristic miss from Djokovic, off the back of two threatening points when it looked, at 40-30 against the Dimitrov serve, like he might challenge for the break back. But it's the Bulgarian who holds and he remains ahead.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) 2-3 - Djokovic posts a service hold to 30, not wasting too much energy, as he batters a forehand winner over the net to complete the game. There's more to come still in this match
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) 1-3 - Dimitrov forces his way through another service hold, albeit one where he doesn't have to face break points this time, a forehand winner sealing the game that maintains the break advantage
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) 1-2 - Dimitrov pushes Djokovic all the way to deuce but cannot quite track down a big forehand from the Serb in time, instead sending his lob return long. And the world number one goes on to hold with a forehand winner. Dimitrov still has the break however.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) 0-2 - Dimitrov quickly finds himself 15-40 and two break back points down after a sloppy forehand into the net. But a couple of aces see him level at deuce before going on to hold with a forehand winner. Great stuff from Dimitrov once again.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) 0-1 - BREAK! Well, well! Dimitrov breaks to 15 to open this final set when Djokovic nets a forehand after a blistering forehand down the line from the Bulgarian.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 7-6(8) - SET! Djokovic finally takes the second set as Dimitrov hits a weary forehand into the net. Djokovic further incites the crowd by clenching his fist and screaming in the direction of the crowd on the walk back to the chair. Does Dimitrov have anything left for the third set?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 6-6 (9-8) - TIE-BREAK! Again Dimitrov saves it with a huge forehand that Djokovic can only catch with the frame. But the Bulgarian cannot earn himself another match point, instead hitting just long and it will be another set point for Djokovic.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 6-6 (8-7) - TIE-BREAK! A second serve ace, that is out for 90 per cent of it's journey, from Dimitrov brings the Bulgarian a first match point but Djokovic saves it with a huge first serve before earning himself another set point when Dimitrov hits a forehand long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 6-6 (6-6) - TIE-BREAK! Djokovic gets a first set point when Dimitrov's forehand ends up in the net after another lengthy rally. It leaves him doubled over once again but somehow he finds something more on the next point to riffled a forehand winner down the line after running round the ball. It's all square once again.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 6-6 (5-5) - TIE-BREAK! Dimitrov pegs Djokovic back a point with a great sliced forehand across court, back behind the Serb, before the tension seems to get to the world number, who slaps down a double fault and a forehand error to help Dimitrov level at 5-5.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 6-6 (5-2) - TIE-BREAK! Djokovic eases out to a 4-2 mini-break lead at the change of ends before extending that by one more point with a huge forehand down the line, a clenched fist and a yell off "come on". No doubt that Djokovic feels if he can just get through this set he will be fine.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 6-6 - Djokovic easily holds serve, drop shotting Dimitrov to seal the game much to the crowd's disgust, the Caja Magica errupting in wolf-whistles and boos after that point. This set will decided by a tie-break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 5-6 - Dimitrov dinks a backhand drop shot over the net before doubling over with cramp in his left hamstring. Djokovic easily gets up to the ball but amazingly puts his return long. He tries to argue that Dimitrov stopped but that's clearly not the case and Bernardes is having none of it. And Dimitrov goes on to hold and force Djokovic to serve to stay in the set once again.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 5-5 - Djokovic levels up once more with a solid service hold for the loss of just the one point, Dimitrov sending a regulation forehand long to end his interest in the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 4-5 - The perfect service game from Dimitrov as he stops the rot and leaves himself potentially just one game away from the biggest win of his career. The Bulgarian holds to love and Djokovic will have to serve to stay in this match next.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 4-4 - Djokovic races through a comfortable service hold to completely get this second set back on track. He has played really smart tennis in the last two games, not testing his ankle too much but also just taking Dimitrov out of the game, not allowing the Bulgarian any chance to dictate the play
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 3-4 - BREAK! The third break point also goes begging with Dimitrov cleverly working Djokovic around the baseline and eventually beating the Serb for pace. But Djokovic fashions himself a fourth chance and this time he does break - getting a little lucky with a net cord before dinking a perfect forehand drop volley just over the net
- - Djokovic is back out having had his left ankle restrapped. He still has one more break point to come but who will have dealt with the delay better?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 2-4 - Dimitrov thinks he's found a second serve ace but it is over-ruled by umpire Bernardes when he comes down from the chair. Quick as a flash Djokovic has three break back points. The first two go begging and then Djokovic turns his right ankle on the baseline. It's the same ankle he hurt a couple of weeks ago in the Davis Cup tie and he immediately calls for the trainer. Lets hope it's not too serious and he can complete this match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 2-4 - BREAK! Djokovic stumbles at the net in a bid to get to a cracking backhand passing shot from Dimitrov and the Bulgarian has a break point. The chance goes begging as Djokovic saves it with a service winner but the Serb quickly puts a forehand into the net to hand Dimitrov a second chance. And this time he does break, Djokovic sending a forehand long
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 2-3 - Dimitrov races through a pretty comfortable service hold to sneak out in front once again
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 2-2 - Djokovic comes through a tough service hold, taking almost 10 minutes in the process as Dimitrov simply refuses to go away. The world number one is getting increasingly frustrated but final gets a line-call go his way when the umpire gets down to check a ball that it turns out landed on the line
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 1-2 - A first break point goes begging for Djokovic when he sends a forehand well long and Dimitrov saves a second with a clutch forehand after another lengthy baseline rally. And the Bulgarian goes on to hold after six and a half tough minutes.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 1-1 - Djokovic also pastes a solid opening service hold as Dimitrov steps well inside the baseline for a forehand return only to batter the ball well long down the line
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) 0-1 - A solid service hold from Dimitrov to open the second set, he holds to 30 when Djokovic sends a forehand sailing long of the baseline. The Bulgarian is looking good so far in this match - could this be a bit of a watershed moment for him? A long way to go just get.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7(6) - SET! Dimitrov thinks he's levelled up at 5-5 but his cross court forehand has actually missed just wide across court. It hands Djokovic a second set point but the Bulgarian saves it with forehand winner before going on to earn himself a set point with a blistering forehand winner down the line. And sure enough he does take it. Cracking stuff from Dimitrov who leads the world number one!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-6 (4-2) - TIE-BREAK! Not a great breaker so far from Dimitrov as he only two points have come with huge first serve winners. Apart from that Djokovic has been bossing from the baseline and Dimitrov is looking like this set is lost to him.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-6 - BREAK! Similar to what happened when these two met in Indian Wells as Dimitrov throws in a poor game. Not as poor as in the Californian desert but still not his best, Djokovic producing back-to-back forehand winners to break back and force the tie-break.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-6 - BREAK! Grigor Dimitrov will lserve for the opening set against the world number one as he breaks with a forehand winner. Fantastic play from the young Bulgarian - again going toe-to-toe with Djokovic and again coming out on top.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-5 - Dimitrov saves an first set point with a spot of serve and volley - the world number one cheekily getting the umpire down to check the Bulgarian's forehand which caught the back of the line. Djokovic's grin says he was fairly sure the ball caught the back of the line but that he thought he might as well challenge. And Dimitrov goes on to hold much to the crowd's delight - no mistaking whose side they are on tonight.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-4 - The world number one races through his service hold this time around to sling all the pressure back onto Dimitrov, who will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-4 - Dimitrov looks like he's cruising toward a love service hold only to slap down consecutive double faults to allow Djokovic back into the game before the Serb produces a spectacular running backhand winner across court despite the ball having been almost behind him when he hit it. Dimitrov goes on to save the break point and then hold with some gutsy play - taking on Djokovic from the baseline and winning.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - Dimitrov earns himself another break point but cannot take advantage of it when he puts a mis-hit backhand into the net. Djokovic is left furious as he is given a time violation for taking longer than the allotted 25 seconds between points. He was about to toss the ball up in the air though and does not believe it was the right time to caution him, something he takes up with the umpire again in the change of ends after holding
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - Djokovic has umpire Carlos Bernados down to check a mark after a forehand of his is called out. The ball was away though and so is a second in almost exactly the same spot on the very next point and it hands Dimitrov three break points. Djokovic saves the first with a service winner while the second goes begging for the Bulgarian with a mis-hit forehand wide down the line. The third is also saved by Nole when he wrong-foots Dimitrov on the baseline and the Bulgarian takes a tumble
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - Djokovic rattles a forehand winner down the line to level up at deuce on the Dimitrov serve. But the Bulgarian produces a cross court forehand winner before going on to hold with an ace down the centre of the court.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - Djokovic holds to 15, with another huge serve that Dimitrov can only return long off the forehand wing. Even though these two have played each other twice in the last 12 months (neither time on a hard court) these first few games have the look of players looking to feel each other out.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - Dimitrov is at a career high ranking at the moment as has started this match in just that fashion. He holds once again without too much trouble when Djokovic sends a forehand sailing long once again
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Djokovic holds to 30 with a one-two punch of a big serve out wide followed by an even bigger forehand winner down the line after backing away from and running around the ball
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Dimitrov also comes through an opening hold, albeit a tougher one, as he holds to 30 when Djokovic sends a forehand long
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - An easy opening service hold for Djokovic in his first match back since beating Nadal in the Monte Carlo Masters final a couple of weeks ago
- - These two are just about ready now to get underway and it will be Djokovic to serve first and get things underway...
- - Djokovic and Dimitrov have faced each other twice before with Djokovic winning both of those clashes - in Shanghai last year and Indian Wells this year - in straight sets
- - Our last match of the day is just a few minutes from getting underway now and it features world number one Novak Djokovic and Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||06/05/1991|