|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Djokovic will next face the winner between Alexandr Dologopolov and Carlos Berlocq or Stanislas Wawrinka.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-3- GAME, SET & MATCH! Djokovic brings up three match points when Montanes nets a forehand. But only the one is needed, the world number one securing the match with an ace.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 5-3 - Credit to Montanes as he manages to keep the match going with another hold of serve. The Spaniard has at least managed more games in this set than he did in the first. Djokovic will serve for a place in the third round next though.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 5-2 - Montanes goes wide with a backhand pulled across court, helping Djokovic to hold for the loss of just one point. And with that, after the change of ends, the Spaniard will have to hold to prolong this match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-2 - Montanes finds a couple of stunning backhand winners, both down the line, on his way to a service hold to double his output in this set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-1 - Djokovic is in cruise control now as he races through another service hold to inch ever-closer to a place in the third round.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-1 - Much better on serve from Montanes this time around as he holds without any drama to get his side of the scoreboard ticking over again at least.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-0 - Djokovic races through a love service hold to consolidate the early break of serve in this second set. He is looking increasingly comfortable now and Montanes just doesn't have anything with which to threaten him.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 2-0 - BREAK! Djokovic leaps all over a backhand return of serve, one which Montanes can only net in reply and this match is now surely his.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 1-0 - Solid enough from Djokovic as he holds for the opening game of the second set, another game closer to the world number one getting his clay-court season back on track.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 - SET! No troubles for Djokovic as he takes the first set in just 37 minutes, the backhand doing the damage for the world number one.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - Another great hold from Djokovic, the highlight of which comes when he races up to the net and dinks an angled cross court forehand over the net for a winner. Montanes will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - BREAK! Ouch. Montanes is falling away already as he hands Djokovic three more break points. The world number one only needs the one though as Montanes goes wide down the line with a forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - Djokovic races through a love service game despite being concerned about a divot that is developing on the baseline. He has words with the umpire on the way back to the chair and the groundsmen will come out in an attempt to fix it during the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - BREAK! A late slide from Djokovic out to the forehand wing means the Serb is out of position and fails to make it back across court for a backhand winner from Montanes. But the Spaniard fails to take advantage of a game point and Djokovic goes on to break when Montanes, who has only won six matches so far this year, including qualifying for this tournament, hits long.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-2 - BREAK! A reluctance from Djokovic to hit the backhand on the run hands Montanes another chance to break in the early stages of this match. Unlike in the first game, however, the Spaniard does strike this time, Djokovic going long with a forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - The world number one looks fully warmed up now as he pushes Montanes to deuce, albeit not being able to earn himself a break point. He gets up to a drop shot very very quickly though, following it with an intelligent smash and then change-of-direction forehand winner down the line to deny the Spaniard on a game point.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Not the best of opening games from Djokovic as he finds himself struggling a little before holding when Montanes nets a return. Just a little rusty there from the world number one.
- - Dimitrov surely was a different proposition than Montanes, even if the Spaniard has played himself into form by coming through qualifying. What do you think? Come say hi on Twitter.
- - The players are just about ready to go and it will be Djokovic to get the clash underway by serving first...
- - These two have met each other four times before with Djokovic winning all four of those previous clashes. In fact the world number one has never even lost a set against to Montanes.
- - Djokovic lost at this stage of the Madrid Masters, against Grigor Dimitrov, but today he is up against Spanish qualifier Albert Montanes.
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from Novak Djokovic's opening match at the Rome Masters.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||26/11/1980|