|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Emphatic from Federer then as he completes the quarter-finals line-up. He will face Jerzy Janowicz tomorrow when we return for those last eight matches. So join us again then.
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Another sublime drop shot can only be returned into the net by Simon and it brings up three match points for the second seed. Fed only needs the one though, sealing his place in the last eight with an ace.
- - FEDERER 6-1 5-2 - BREAK! Federer races into the net pushing Simon deep behind the baseline, drawing the error from the Frenchman, to bring up a break point. Simon saves it and then also a second when Fed hits into the net. Fed has a swing and a miss at a backhand when the ball skids off the line from Simon. The Frenchman also saves a third break point with a huge forehand and smash winner and a fourth with a backhand winner. But Fed finally breaks on a fifth afetr a forehand long from Simon.
- - FEDERER 6-1 4-2 - Federer races through another service hold to maintain his break advantage in this second set. An important service game coming up for Simon now. He needs to hold if he is to stand any chance whatsoever of keeping this match alive.
- - FEDERER 6-1 3-2 - Simon dumps a backhand volley into the net to waste a first game point and then puts a forehand passing shot wide down the line. The Frenchman does hold at the third time of asking though when Federer fails to find the court with a forehand.
- - FEDERER 6-1 3-1 - Federer, unusually for him today, squanders a game point with a forehand volley long and then also a second with a backhand long down the line. It allows Simon to peg Fed back to deuce but the second seed is quick to earn himself a third chance and this time he does hold with a cross court backhand winner.
- - FEDERER 6-1 2-1 - Simon gets one of the biggest cheers of the night so far when he takes a point with a passing shot that Federer cannot control, the world number three volleying long. The Frenchman earns himself two game points. The first goes begging when he nets a forehand while Federer saves the second with a sublime forehand drop shot on the slice but Simon gets a third chance and this time it is one drop shot too many for Fed as he pulls it short and into the net.
- - FEDERER 6-1 2-0 - Federer holds to love yet again to consolidate the break, Simon sending his forehand return of serve long down the centre of the court. This is all very one-sided.
- - FEDERER 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Federer draws Simon into the net with an inch-perfect drop shot that the Frenchman cannot get up before double bounce and that seals the early break for the world number three in this second set.
- - FEDERER 6-1 - SET! Not quite as quick as yesterday's 19 minutes opening set for Federer, but he's not far off as he serves out the set with no difficulty whatsoever after just 22 minutes. It's another big serve from Fed, which Simon fails to return in play, and the second seed is making very light work of someone who should be a pretty tricky opponent.
- - FEDERER 5-1 - BREAK! Wow. This match up should have been tough but Fed is all over the Simon serve and secures the double break that leaves him serving for the opening set after just 20 minutes.
- - FEDERER 4-1 - Federer races through a love service hold to consolidate the break when the Frenchman guesses correctly which side Fed will go with his passing shot only to pull his forehand volley well wide across court.
- - FEDERER 3-1 - BREAK! Simon finds himself staring a three early break points when he nets a backhand. Sure enough Federer does grab the early break, Simon netting another cross court backhand. Poor game there from Simon.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - Federer holds for a second time, this time to 15, without too much trouble.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - Simon rattles a backhand winner down the line to hold to 30 and get his side of the scoreboard ticking over.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - A quick and easy opening service hold for the second seed, Federer racing through it without the loss of a point
- - The players are ready to go and it will be Federer to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- - These two have faced each other four times before with the head-to-heads locked at two wins apeice. Simon won their first two clashes (both in three sets) in Toronto and China in 2008 while Federer won the next two, both in 2011, at the Australian Open and the Miami Masters (albeit winning in Miami when Simon retired injured at 0-3 down in the opening set).
- - Over on Court Centrale, Maria Sharapova has just wrapped up her win over Sloane Stephens meaning second seed Roger Federer should be on court fairly soon. He's taking on Frenchman Gilles Simon in what could well be a fairly tough clash for the world number three.
|Date of Birth||27/12/1984|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|