|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So Djokovic did not have to wait long to find out who he will face in tomorrow's quarter-finals. It will be sixth seed Tomas Berdych.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! The clock ticks over to the 60 minute mark as Djokovic brings up three match points. He squanders the first with a double fault but quickly makes amends with the second, sealing victory with a cross court forehand winner.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-4 - Djokovic pushes Dolgopolov to 30-30 when the Ukrainian sends a forehand sailing long of the baseline. But he fails to get any further as Dolgopolov comes up with two great serves to hold and force the world number one to serve out.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-3 - Another blink-and-you'll-miss-it service hold from Djokovic and Dolgopolov will have to serve to stay in this match next.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-3 - Dolgopolov does well to hold off Djokovic, who is clearly looking for a second break, and hold to keep the deficit down to just the one break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-2 - Dolgopolov has a chance to get himself back into this set but misses a very routine backhand down the line instead pulling down on the ball and putting it into the net. Djokovic is not going to give his opponent two opportunities and quickly holds to maintain his advantage. Dolgopolov is furious with himself.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 3-2 - Dolgopolov holds once again without too much trouble. He is beginning to make this set a little more competitive which is being warmly appreciated by the crowd.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 3-1 - This is all a bit too much like a training session for Djokovic as he races through another service hold to retain his break advantage in this second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-1 - Dolgopolov holds (to love, incredibly) with an ace to double his output in this match and gets a rare cheer from the crowd for his troubles.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-0 - A love service hold consolidates the break for the world number one, Dolgopolov has barely made any impact in this match at all, and he will be disappointed by that. In both of their previous two meetings he has at least kept the sets competitive.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Djokovic correctly guesses Dolgopolov's change-of-direction backhand going across court and easily moves across to riffle his backhand winner down the line and bring up three more break points. Only the one is needed though and the world number one has started the second set off in the perfect fashion.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 - SET! Djokovic brings up a first set point with a forehand winner rattled down the line, again after running round the ball. And a second serve ace, his fourth of the day, seals it. Emphatic from the world number one.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - BREAK! Djokovic, obviously mindful of the weather-forecast today, races through another break and leaves himself serving for this opening set after just 25 minutes on court.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - Djokovic puts that small interlude at 30-30 behind him and goes on to hold, despite Dolgopolov fashioning a break back point with a forehand winner down the line, with a forehand winner of his own down the line, this one after running around the ball.
- - There has been a few complaints and problems with a little divot just behind the baseline and Djokovic, with his recent ankle issues, has been particularly wary of this. The rain is hardly going to have helped this either, and the world number one asks for the groundsmen to come out on court mid-game to fix the issue, which they do.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - BREAK! Very assured from Djokovic is already looking increasingly comfortable. The world number one seals the break by working Dolgopolov around the baseline and eventually creating enough space to fire a forehand winner down the line.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Dolgopolov goes for a barn-storming backhand return of serve winner only to fail to land his shot and Djokovic has his second comfortable hold of the day. Good agressive start from Dolgopolov though.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 – Djokovic sends a fairly tame backhand return of serve (off a second serve) wide across court to squander an early break point. A double fault from Dolgopolov wastes his maiden game point but the Ukrainian earns himself a second with a dinked forehand volley winner before sealing the hold with a smash winner.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Djokovic holds for the loss of just the one point to get this clash underway. The world number one will be looking for a good run here in Rome to finalise his French Open preparation, but Dolgopolov is a tricky clash for him.
- - These two have faced each other twice before with Djokovic winning both of those clashes. Their first meeting came at the 2011 US Open when the world number one won in straight sets. But Dolgopolov came closer at the Monte Carlo Masters last year when he took the first set before the world number one was able to bounce back and secure victory.
- - Djokovic and Dolgopolov are out on court and going through their warm-up. More rain is scheduled throughout the day but finger's crossed we can get through at least this match before the rain returns.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||07/11/1988|