|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-3 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Murray produces a great first serve followed by a backhand winner down the line to bring up two match points. He only needs the one though as he rattles an ace down the centre of the court to book his place in the final.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-3 5-2 - A great, change-of-direction forehand half-volley winner from Tsonga helps him on his way to a hold to 15 when Murray puts a backhand wide after an aggressive approach shot from the Frenchman. Murray will serve for the match after the change of ends though.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-3 5-1 - A slightly mis-timed forehand into the top of the net from Tsonga hands Murray three game points. The Brit fails to take advantage of the first when he leaves his backhand drop shot short into the net. But he holds at the second attempt, Tsonga failing to get to a drop shot before the double bounce and having to leap the net rather than run straight into it.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-3 4-1 - BREAK! Murray is running away with this clash now as he is handed three more break points after another bizarrely casual game from Tsonga. One chance is all the Scot needs to go up the double break when Tsonga puts an off-balance forehand into the net, having to back away from the ball and still not managing to get his feet in order.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-3 3-1 - Murray goes wide down the line to hand Tsonga the advantage at 15-30 but he levels up at 30-all with just his third ace of the afternoon. A forehand winner down the line after running around the ball brings up game point and sure enough he does go on to hold with an easy run up to the net and an angled forehand winner across court. That consolidates the break for the Brit in this final set.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-3 2-1 - BREAK! Tsonga saves this one with an ace down the centre of the court but Murray brings up a sixth chance with a sliced backhand volley deep towards the baseline. And this time Murray does break when Tsonga pulls up on a backhand in the centre of the court and completely mis-times his backhand well wide across court.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-3 1-1 AD-40 - A casual forehand into the net from Tsonga hands Murray three break points. A great second serve from the Frenchman saves the first as Murray can only net his forehand return while Tsonga saves the second and third with aces. He gifts Murray a fourth chance with a forehand half-volley into the net. Murray nets a forehand to squander it but a backhand winner down line brings up a fifth.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-3 1-1 - Murray puts an easy smash winner into the centre of the court after a ferocious inside-out forehand approach shot. The Brit then holds with a forehand lob winner that catches the very outside of the line - confirmed by a Tsonga challenge.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-3 0-1 - A great game of character from Tsonga to stop the run of games against him and hold in double quick time to open the third set in a positive fashion.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-3 - SET! Murray has levelled this match. He throws in a backhand winner and an ace before Tsonga nets a backhand to help the Scot seal thet set. We are going to a decisive third set.
- - MURRAY 4-6 5-3 - BREAK! Tsonga pulls a forehand wide to hand Murray two break points. Tsonga saves the first with a decent enough forehand volley that Murray can only net while looking for the forehand passing shot winner. But Murray will serve for this second set after his aggressive approach shot is dumped into the net by Tsonga.
- - MURRAY 4-6 4-3 - Murray squanders a game point with a forehand into the net but he does hold at the second time of asking, this time with a forehand winner.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-3 40-40 - Murray easily gets up to a short ball from Tsonga, only to put his backhand volley well wide across court. Tsonga then hits his passing shot into the body of his opponent to level at 30 all. A sliced inside-out forehand approach shot wide from Murray hands Tsonga a break point. Murray saves it with a huge first serve that Tsonga can only return long but hands the Frenchman a second chance with a forehand long. This one Murray saves with a forehand stop volley winner....
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-3 - Murray peppers the Tsonga backhand before rattling an inside-out forehand winner across court, having had time to run roudn the ball. Tsonga jumps up to a shoulder height forehand volley to bring up game points. He squanders the first with a forehand approach shot just long but does hold at the second attempt with an ace down the centre of the court - challenged incorrectly by Murray.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-2 - Murray holds to love once again, leaving a Tsonga forehand just marginally long. Tsonga checks with Murray on the walk back to the chair but the Scot confirms it was long and the Frenchman is happy with that.
- - MURRAY 4-6 2-2 - Murray goes wide with a forehand return before Tsonga fashions a couple of game points. The first goes begging when the Frenchman's running cross court forehand lands just wide, while Murray saves the second. But an ace earns the Frenchman a third chance and this time he holds with a forehand volley winner across court.
- - MURRAY 4-6 2-1 - Murray does all the hard work with a brutal forehand approach shot only to put his follow-up forehand into the net after Tsonga had dropped his reply shot. The Scot goes back to exactly the same tactic on the next point and this time gets it right. Tsonga's lob attempt floats wide after catching the wind and Murray levels at 30 all. And Murray goes on to hold when Tsonga sends a wild forehand return well long and wide down the line.
- - MURRAY 4-6 1-1 - Tsonga flicks a forehand volley back into the open court despite the ball being almost behind him. Murray denies Tsonga on a first game point when the Frenchman produces a lacksidaisical backhand into the bottom of the net with his back to the court. But a huge first serve, which Murray incorrectly challenges, seals the gane at the second time of asking for Tsonga.
- - MURRAY 4-6 1-0 - A much better service game from Murray than the last as he holds to love to get the second set underway.
- - MURRAY 4-6 - SET! A big first serve down the centre of the court that Murray can only net in return and Tsonga has two set point. But he only needs the one, a huge ace out wide sealing the opening set.
- - MURRAY 4-5 - BREAK! Tsonga stands up tall to belt a backhand winner down the line, comfortably beating Murray for pace and earning himself two more break points. But he only needs the one this time as Murray slaps down a double fault to leave the Frenchman serving to stay in this opening set.
- - MURRAY 4-4 - Tsonga also races through a comfortable service hold to level up once more. With more rain forecast later, clearly both players want to get through this match as quickly as possible.
- - MURRAY 4-3 - Murray races through a love hold when Tsonga sends his return sailing well long. Quick stuff from both players at this stage.
- - MURRAY 3-3 - Tsonga goes for the cute half-volley drop shot but is made to pay when Murray easily gets up the court to put his forehand passing shot away without too much trouble. But it is the only point Murray manages in the game as he lines himself up for the barn-storming forehand winner down the line after running round the ball, only to fire well, well long.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - Murray saves a first break point with a big serve that Tsonga can only net and then gets perhaps a little lucky when Tsonga nets his backhand passing shot attempt despite having acres of space to aim at. Murray also saves the third with a foray into the mid-court and a forehand winner down the line. And Murray goes on to hold with another huge serve out wide that Tsonga cannot get back over the net despite getting a racquet on it.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - A magnificent stretched forehand return from Murray is directed right at the feet of Tsonga, who is making his way into the net. It brings up another break point for Murray but Tsonga saves it with a huge first serve and a cross court forehand winner. And Tsonga goes on to hold with a forehand volley winner across court.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - A complete mis-hit from Tsonga on the forehand approach shot helps Murray to two game points. And that turns into a relatively comfortable service hold for the Scot as Tsonga sends an inside-out forehand wide across court.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - An ace from Tsonga helps him get off the mark but a double fault from the Frenchman hands Murray an early break point. The chance goes begging when Tsonga finds a big first serve before an ace brings up a game point for the Frenchman. Murray then nets a forehand return down the centre of the court and Tsonga has the hold.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Deft touch from Murray for just the second point of the match as he slices an inside-out forehand across court for a drop shot that Tsonga is a little slow to get up to. A tricky smash winner from Murray, who must be reasonably sure of his footing to attempt that shot, brings up game point. And the Scot does hold with a great rally that ends with a cross court forehand winner.
18:06 - Murray and Tsonga are just about ready to go now - there's even some sun. It will be Murray to get the clash underway by serving first ...
17:59 - The players are just about walking out on court now to some blue sky. There will be 10 minutes of warm-up before play gets underway though.
17:50 - The net is going back up again now on Centre Court so hopefully we will get some action between Murray and Tsonga coming up shortly.
17:47 - The net has been taken back down on Centre Court and the groundstaff are loitering by the covers once again as the umbrellas go back up in the crowd and a few drops of rain start to fall.
17:45 - The covers are off, the net is up and the groundstaff are out drying up the last few slippery bits of the court with leaf-blowers and towels.
17:41 - This match has been bumped up the schedule on to Centre Court with Lleyton Hewitt and Marin Cilic being moved out to Court 1 to continue their match.
17:28 - These two have faced each other eight times before with Murray leading the head-to-heads by seven wins to one. Pretty overwhelming statistic in the Scot's favour. Three of those clashes have been on grass and Murray has won all three of them.
17:26 - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage of the second semi-final between top seed Andy Murray and fourth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|