No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So Tsonga completes the Queen's semi-finals. It'll be Tsonga v Murray in the afternoon after Cilic v Hewitt from lunchtime.
- - TSONGA 6-3 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Aces number 11 and 12 see Tsonga quickly go 30-0 up. He then finds a forehand volley winner to bring up three match points. Kudla saves the first by threading a backhand passing shot winner down the line. But Tsonga does seal the match at the second attempt with another blistering ace out wide.
- - TSONGA 6-3 5-2 - BREAK! An inside-out forehand winner across court from Tsonga followed by a forehand long from the Kudla hands the Frenchman two more break points. But Tsonga only needs the one as he sends Kudla wide on the forehand wing, the American netting an attempted running forehand down the line. Tsonga will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - TSONGA 6-3 4-2 - Kudla levels with a great backhand down the line and a smash winner. But the Frenchman brings up a game point with a very tricky smash winner across court and he holds to consolidate the break with his 10th ace.
- - TSONGA 6-3 3-2 - BREAK! Tsonga half-volleys a backhand on the baseline before Kudla goes for the backhand drop shot but instead slices into the net. It hands Tsonga a first break point in this second set. And one chance is all the Frenchman needs as he produces some great tennis up at the net, producing the stop volley that Kudla cannot return in play.
- - TSONGA 6-3 2-2 - An ace followed by a big first serve and a forehand volley winner down the line see Tsonga eases towards another love service hold that is sealed when he sends Kudla wide across court and easily dinks the forehand volley into the open court.
- - TSONGA 6-3 1-2 - Tsonga does brilliantly well to get up to a Kudla drop shot and thread it down the line for a passing shot winner. But the American only allows him that one point as he again goes on to hold with an ace to sneak out in front in this second set.
- - TSONGA 6-3 1-1 - Kudla only just misses a lob long of the baseline as Tsonga goes on to hold to love with his ninth ace of the evening.
- - TSONGA 6-3 0-1 - Kudla opens the second set, much as he finished the first, with a comfortable service hold to 15, sealing the game when Tsonga sends a forehand sailing long of the baseline. Just the nervy start from Kudla that has cost him so far.
- - TSONGA 6-3 - SET! A great pick-up on the forehand from Tsonga keeps him in the point much longer than he should be but in the end Kudla takes it with a cross court forehand that Tsonga cannot return despite getting a racquet to it. An ace from Tsonga on the next point brings up two set points though. He squanders the first with a forehand wide across court and then the second. But he fashions a third chance and this time he does seal the set with a much bigger serve.
- - TSONGA 5-3 - A series of big first serves quickly bring up three more game points for Kudla. The Frenchman denies him on the first but is pushed out wide on the second and nets his forehand while slipping slightly. Kudla holds. But Tsonga will serve for the set after just 21 minutes.
- - TSONGA 5-2 - The Frenchman holds to 30 to leave Kudla serving to stay in this opening set after the change of ends. Both men in really good form on the serve now and that is dominating this match.
- - TSONGA 4-2 - A lightening fast service game from Kudla, who looks properly settled into this match now, the American firing down a big serve that Tsonga can only return long.
- - TSONGA 4-1 - Kudla gets a few more looks at second serves from Tsonga and it turns into a break point when the Frenchman goes wide with a cross court forehand from the middle of the court. Tsonga saves it with an inside-out forehand winner across court off the shorter return. And from there the Frenchman goes on to hold, finding his rhythm on the first serve once again and firing down a serve Kudla cannot return.
- - TSONGA 3-1 - Much better from Kudla this time around as he holds to love to belatedly get his side of the scoreboard ticking over. Hopefully that will settle the early nerves for the 20-year-old as he found a backhand winner to seal the game.
- - TSONGA 3-0 - Ace number four for Tsonga brings up three quick game points and he holds to love for a second time with another big serve and follow-up winner. The Frenchman is looking much more assured so far today than he was during his two matches yesterday.
- - TSONGA 2-0 - BREAK! Two doubles and a forehand long down the centre of the court from Kudla hand Tsonga two early break points. The American saves the first with a great turn of pace and backhand volley winner but Tsonga does break at the second attempt with a backhand passing shot winner across court.
- - TSONGA 1-0 - A very comfortable opening service game for Tsonga as he fires down his second ace to bring up three game points before sealing the game with his third ace.
- - Here we go then, the players are ready to go and it will be Tsonga to get the clash underway by serving first ...
18:26 - Don't forget you can watch this match LIVE in HD on British Eurosport. Or alternatively, you can follow all the action LIVE in full on the Eurosport Player. Subscribe to the Player.
18:25 - These two have never met before on any surface so there is bound to be a fair amount of Tsonga testing Kudla in the opening exchanges. It's a tricky match-up for the American as Tsonga, ranked 105 places above his opponent, is stronger in pretty much every aspect of the game.
18:19 - The last of the quarter-final clashes is between fourth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and American Denis Kudla.
18:16 - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from quarter-finals day at the AEGON Championships at Queen's Club.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||17/08/1992|