|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - It is the defending champion Marin Cilic who is through to the semi-finals then. There he awaits the winner of our next match between four-times former champion Lleyton Hewitt and third seed Juan Martin Del Potro.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 6-7(4) - GAME, SET & MATCH! The first match point goes begging for Cilic. He reacts well to the net cord on Berdych's forehand only to have his forehand catch the top of the tape and bounce just marginally long. But the Croat makes no such mistake on the second, firing down another heavy serve and then forehand which Berdych can only net in return.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 6-6 (3-6) - TIE-BREAK! Berdych pegs Cilic back a point with a trip into the net and a much better forehand volley but two big serves from the Croat, both of which are returned long by Berdych, bring up three match points...
- - BERDYCH 5-7 6-6 (2-4) - TIE-BREAK! Berdych makes an impressive start to the breaker before a double fault and a nasty slip on the baseline see Cilic level up at 2-2. An unreturnable serve from Cilic gives him the lead before an inside-out forehand wide across court from Berdych gifts the Croat a little daylight and the mini-break lead at the change of ends.
- - These two have played two tie-breaks in their previous five meetings and Berdych has won them both. The Czech won the first 10-8 at the Shanghai Masters back in 2009 before finding the second a little easier - taking it 7-3 at the Monte Carlo Masters last year.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 6-6 - This time Berdych holds to love, Cilic sending a forehand return just long of the baseline to help the Czech second seed seal the game. This second set, and possibly the match, will be decided by the breaker.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 5-6 - Another hold for Cilic, also to 15, as he fires down another ace to seal it. That's the Croat's eighth ace of the day so far and Berdych will have to serve to keep this match alive for a second time. This is where he was broken in the first set, can he hold to force the tie-break this time around?
- - BERDYCH 5-7 5-5 - Cilic misses an inside out forehand wide across court to help Berdych on his way to a hold to 15 which the Czech seals with a backhand winner rattles down the line. All square once again in this second set.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 4-5 - Cilic fails to really get a hold of a forehand, producing the error and allowing Berdych to level at deuce. Deuce quickly becomes a break point for Berdych when Cilic makes a trip into the net only to dump an easy forehand volley into it. The Croat saves it with a serve out wide and forehand that Berdych can only return wide while going for the running forehand passing shot down the line. And Cilic holds when Berdych goes long. Berdych will have to serve to stay in the match.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 4-4 - A stunning forehand return of serve winner from Cilic sees him go 15-30 up against the Berdych serve. The second seed levels with an ace before a big first serve that Cilic can only return long brings up a game point before he goes on to level at 4-4 with a big serve out wide and forehand down the line that Cilic can only net on the run.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 3-4 - Yet another kick serve from Cilic, given an extra little kick as it catches the line, sees the Croat seal a love service game to remain on the front foot in this second set. Berdych has not coped well with the kick serve at all today.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 3-3 - Unlike the last time Berdych had break points, when he struggled on his own serve in the very next game, the Czech comes through a comfortable hold to 15 with another great body serve that Cilic can only return long.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 2-3 - A chance for Berdych as he finds himself 0-30 up against the Cilic serve. The Croat produces three straight aces to fashion himself a game point. He squanders it with a backhand long down the line but Berdych hits an easily makeable smash into the net to waste the chance at a break point. A double fault and then a slack forehand error hands Berdych a break point but a kick serve and cross court forehand winner saves it and Cilic goes on to hold when Berdych fires long.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 2-2 - Back to the kind of comfortable service holds we had throughout most of the first set now as Berdych cruises through a third love hold for the match, finding a big first serve that Cilic can only return long to seal the game.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 1-2 - Cilic holds once again without too much trouble. He opens up with an ace before holding to 15 with a great serve that just catches the very back of the service line.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 1-1 - Berdych also posts a love service game to get his second set underway. The Czech second seed draws Cilic into the net before producing a dipping backhand passing shot that the Croat can only volley wide off the backhand wing. A confidence-building game for the Czech there.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 0-1 - Great opening service game from Cilic in this second set as he adds to the pressure on Berdych with a love hold that he seals with his second ace of the day.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 - SET! Cilic breaks through at the second time of asking with a backhand return of serve winner. He has broken the Berdych serve for the first time in this tournament and clinched the set in 51 minutes in the process.
- - BERDYCH 5-6 - A double fault, Cilic's first of the match, gives Berdych a glimpse of a break point at 30-30 but the Croat quickly recovers and goes on to hold with a blistering forehand winner across court. The worst that can happen for Cilic now, is that this set ends on a tie-break. Berdych will have to serve to stay in this opening set for a second time after the change of ends.
- - BERDYCH 5-5 - Cilic draws Berdych into the net before threading a backhand passing shot winner down the line to bring up two set points. He cannot take advantage of the first though as Berdych produces a great length forehand that Cilic can only return long after the ball simply does not bounce. And Berdych saves the second with a huge serve down the T and a heavy forehand follow-up. Cilic slips on the next return and Berdych holds with his first ace of the day. Berdych still unbroken this week.
- - BERDYCH 4-5 - Berdych hangs his head in frustration when he misses a golden opportunity to earn the first break point of the match, sending a backhand wide to allow Cilic a game point despite having the better of the exchange. He doesn't have too wait too long though as Cilic goes long with a backhand to waste game point before going long with a forehand to gift Berdych break point. A great serve out wide saves it though. Cilic then rattles a backhand winner down the line before going on to hold
- - BERDYCH 4-4 - Berdych posts his first love service game of the match. Cilic is getting his racquet on most of Berdych's serves (as is Berdych on Cilic's for that matter) but he is not able to get enough on the ball most of the time to get it back into play.
- - BERDYCH 3-4 - Still on serve after 25 minutes as Cilic holds to 15. Berdych has a little disagreement with the umpire after he calls a backhand long from the Czech. The lines-judge did actually put their arm out late, but didn't call as the umpire had already done so. Berdych challenges, wrongly, and Cilic goes on to hold with another big serve that Berdych can't return in play.
- - BERDYCH 3-3 - Berdych still doesn't fancy the sliced shot and goes for the stretched double-hander again, only to net the ball and allow Cilic to level at deuce. Cilic nets a backhand of his own on the next point though and Berdych goes on to hold with a great first serve that Cilic can only net in retun.
- - BERDYCH 2-3 - A low backhand approach shot from Berdych pays off when he is easily able to volley Cilic's attempting running passing shot back over the net for a winner. That sees the Czech level at deuce but he sends a sliced backhand long on the next point and Cilic goes on to hold with a great first serve and forehand winner follow-up.
- - BERDYCH 2-2 - Cilic doesn't have a lot of time to see the body serve as it is fired down at him from Berdych and, unsurprisingly, he fails to get his return back in court. The hold goes to Berdych and it's all square in the early stages of this clash.
- - BERDYCH 1-2 - A love game for Cilic as he again produces the kicker serve to great effect, Berdych failing to get a racquet to it despite guessing the right direction.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 - Berdych opens with a double fault (just his fourth in the tournament so far) before going on to earn himself two game points with a forehand winner down the line after he had run around the ball. A great injection of pace on a cross court forehand from Cilic sees Berdych slice his rushed forehand into the net. But Berdych does hold at the second attempt when Cilic fails to find the court with a mid-court forehand.
- - BERDYCH 0-1 - Cilic opens up with a fairly solid hold to 30, a kicking second serve earning him a game point when Berdych returns wide, and then another big serve sealing the game when the Czech nets his return.
- - The players are just about ready to go and it will be defending champion Cilic to get the clash underway by serving first after he won the spin of the coin...
- - Don't forget you can follow this match LIVE in HD on British Eurosport. Or alternatively you can watch all the action LIVE on the Eurosport Player.
- - The Czech player leads the head-to-heads by four wins to one, having triumphed twice on clay in their first and most recent meetings and then also twice on the hard courts. Cilic's only victory came on the hard courts of Marseille two years ago. They have never before met on grass.
- - The first last eight clash of the day is between second seed Tomas Berdych and defending champion, this year's fifth seed, Marin Cilic.
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from quarter-finals day at the AEGON Championships at Queen's Club.
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|