|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So Murray is through to the quarter-finals where he will face Benjamin Becker tomorrow.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Consecutive forehands long from Matosevic leave Murray just two points from victory. And that quickly becomes one when the Aussie sends a backhand return long off a body serve. Murray has three match points. He only needs the one though and Murray is through to the quarter-finals after another big serve sees Matosevic hit long.
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-2 - BREAK! A double fault does not exactly help the Matosevic cause as Murray earns himself another break point with a great sliced backhand down the line followed by a deep forehand approach shot and a forehand volley winner. And the Scot only needs the one break point this time as he whips a running forehand passing shot across court for a winner. Murray will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 6-2 4-2 - BREAK! Just a slight lapse from Murray as he hands Matosevic a break back point after a great return from the Aussie off a Murray second serve. The Scot saves it with an ace down the centre of the court but Matosevic punishes his second serve for a second time with a backhand return winner down the line and this time the Aussie does break back when Murray nets a backhand.
- - MURRAY 6-2 4-1 - BREAK! Murray refuses to give up on a point, racing across the court to pick up a decent drop shot from Matosevic before running across the front of the net to pick up the next ball, this one he puts for a forehand winner down the line. It brings up break point although Matosevic saves it and then another one with a high forehand volley winner. But Murray gets a third chance and this time he does break when Matosevic goes long with a regulation ground-stroke.
- - MURRAY 6-2 3-1 - Matosevic enjoys a brief moment of hope when he finds himself 0-30 up on the Murray serve for the first time in the match. But Murray produces four brilliant first serves to immediately slam the door shut and he holds.
- - MURRAY 6-2 2-1 - Matosevic does brilliantly well with a big first serve out wide followed by a cross court forehand winner after running round the ball. The sees the Aussie hold to get off the mark in this second set.
- - MURRAY 6-2 2-0 - Matosevic is left bouncing his racquet in frustration after another very solid service game from Murray ends in the Scot's favour as Matosevic sends a forehand long. That consolidates the break for Murray.
- - MURRAY 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! A great forehand down the line, curling into the court at the very last minute, which Matosevic can only net in reply brings up two more break points for Murray. And again the Scot only needs the one, Matosevic sending a cross court forehand attempt just wide across court.
- - MURRAY 6-2 - SET! All very comfortable for Murray as he eases through a service hold to serve out this first set with little trouble at all. A much more comprehensive performance so far than against Mahut this morning, the Frenchman causing Murray more troubles that the Australian has managed so far.
- - MURRAY 5-2 - Matosevic's first serve is actually been working pretty well, when he gets it in, it's the second serve he has been stuggling to win points behind. He holds to 15 when Murray goes just long with a cross court forehand passing shot, well left by Matosevic. Murray will have to serve for the opening set after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 5-1 - Murray holds to 15 once again to consolidate the break, Matosevic sending consecutive mis-hit forehands sailing long of the baseline. The Aussie will have to serve to stay in this opening set, next.
- - MURRAY 4-1 - BREAK! Murray flicks a running backhand passing shot winner down the line before also flicking a running backhand lob winner down the centre of the court on his way to another break point which he earns when his backhand catches the top of the tape and drops just over for a drop shot winner. And Murray does seal the double break when Matosevic sends a backhand long down the line.
- - MURRAY 3-1 - Murray quickly holds for the loss of just the one point when Matosevic's forehand return sits up in the wind and flies long of the baseline.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - BREAK! A small window of chance for Murray at 15-30 before Matosevic levels with a forehand. But a netted forehand from the Aussie gifts Murray a first chance to break and sure enough that's exactly what he does, the Scot playing high percentage tennis and content to wait for the error from Matosevic that is almost inevitable in this wind.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Murray opens his service account with a double fault. But he goes on to hold for the loss of just that one point when Matosevic sends a backhand return well wide and slightly long across court.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Matosevic whips a cross court forehand approach shot right into the corner for a winner on his way to a hold to get the match underway in a positive, attacking fashion.
- - Here we go then, Murray v Matosevic. It will be the Australian to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- - Next up on the court is top seed Andy Murray, following Tsonga on court for the second time today. He is taking on Australian Marinko Matosevic.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1985|