No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-7 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Tsonga belts a sliced backhand down the court and it just dies on contact with the grass, taking it away from Sijsling for a winner. Tsonga quickly earns himself three match points, but he only needs the one, finding a forehand that Sijsling cannot return in play. Next up for Tsonga will be American Denis Kudla.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-7 5-3 - The wind carries a Sijsling serve even more into the body of Tsonga, making it unreturnable, before another heavy serve from the Dutchman is netted by the Frenchman to see him seal the hold. Tsonga will have to serve for the match.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-7 5-2 - Tsonga also posts a service hold to 15 with a big first serve down the centre of the court that Sijsling cannot only return into the net. The Dutchman will have to serve to stay in this match after the change of ends.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-7 4-2 - Sijsling holds to 15 when Tsonga slices a backhand return into the top of the net off a very decent serve down the centre of the court from the Dutchman.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-7 4-1 - Tsonga races through a love service hold, sealing the game with ace number seven to consolidate the break and leave himself once again just two games from the quarter-finals.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-7 3-1 - BREAK! Tsonga fashions two break point opportunities with a great backhand stop volley winner. Sijsling saves the first with a trip up to the net and an inside-out forehand winner across court. But Tsonga does break at the second attempt, getting a little lucky when his forehand catches the top of the tape to draw Sijsling in. But there was nothing lucky about his cross court forehand passing shot winner and Tsonga does have the break.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-7 2-1 - A good hold from Tsonga from 0-30 down as the serve again comes to his rescue and he goes on to hold without having to face a break point when Sijsling fails to find the court with his backhand return.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-7 1-1 - Tsonga goes back to the forehand of Sijsling with an attempted forehand passing shot down the line. The Dutchman was ready for it having just played a forehand stop volley to bring Tsonga into the net but the Frenchman finds a cross court forehand volley winner to win the point anyway. Sijsling, however, prevents the Frenchman from winning any more and he holds to get his side of the scoreboard ticking over in this final set.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-7 1-0 - Tsonga sends a forehand sailing well long (almost hitting the back hoarding before the bounce) to squander a first point. But he does seal the hold at the second attempt with a big serve down the centre of the court that Sijsling can only net in return.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-7 - SET! Tsonga still looks to be in some discomfort, again moving his hands to his head after hitting a forehand long and dropping his racquet. Sijsling serves out the second set to love to force Tsonga into a decisive third set for the second time today.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-6 - BREAK! Tsonga fails to get his feet quite right after Sijsling's return and resorts to the between-the-legs shot despite facing the court. He gets it over but eventually Sijsling finds a forehand volley winner. The Frenchman is on the brink of imploding when he sends a routine forehand long to squander a game point. And Sijsling goes on to break with a bit of luck when his forehand passing shot catches the tape and Tsonga stumbles while trying to retrieve it.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-5 - Tsonga is left doubled over in frustration when he sliced a backhand long to gift Sijsling a game point despite the Dutchman throwing in two double faults in the game. Sijsling grabs the game point with both hands though and he has hold that levels up.
- - TSONGA 7-5 5-4 - The wind has increased again and Tsonga yells out in frustration as he sends a forehand approach shot long. The Frenchman holds from deuce, however, with another big serve and Sijsling will have to serve to stay in this match after the change of ends.
- - TSONGA 7-5 4-4 - Sijsling completes mis-times a jump up to the lob and fires into the bottom of the net instead to gift Tsonga the first point of the game. But he races back to hold to 15 with an ace of his own to level up once more.
- - TSONGA 7-5 4-3 - Yet another love service hold from Tsonga is sealed with an ace down the centre of the court to leave the Frenchman potentially just two games away from the quarter-finals.
- - TSONGA 7-5 3-3 - Sijsling looks to be cruising towards another love service hold before he nets a forehand to gift Tsonga a point. But the Dutchman quickly holds without the loss of another point to level up once more.
- - Tsonga has his yellow hoodie on, hood up and has his head in his hands as he waits for the delay. Maybe his bad mood and out-of-sorts performance are all just down to a headache. He's held his head on a couple of occasions like maybe he is not feeling too well.
- - TSONGA 7-5 3-2 - Tsonga also drops points on serve this time around but he holds to 30 as the wind gets up behind Sijsling and makes it tricky for the Dutchman, who sends his return long.
- - TSONGA 7-5 2-2 - The first point against the server in this set comes when Sijsling slaps down a double fault at 40-0 up. But he quickly holds when Tsonga gets up to the net only to send a forehand wide down the line on an attempted passing shot.
- - TSONGA 7-5 2-1 - A fourth love service hold from Tsonga sees him sneak out in front before. The Frenchman is still curiously out of sorts but he looks like maybe he's starting to find some kind of rhythm.
- - TSONGA 7-5 1-1 - Sijsling also posts a love service hold with a great first serve out wide and a forehand winner across court in the opposite direction.
- - TSONGA 7-5 1-0 - Tsonga looked really cold during the change of ends with the towel wrapped round his shoulders and couldn't wait to get back out on court. He races through another very easy service hold to open this second set.
- - TSONGA 7-5 - SET! Tsonga takes the first point of the game when Sijsling fails to get a racquet on an admittedly tricky forehand volley. The Frenchman then pounces on a second serve from Sijsling and it's not long before he has two set points. And sure enough the Frenchman does seal the opening set, after 42 minutes, when he makes a trip into the next and produces a great backhand volley.
- - TSONGA 6-5 - Another blink-and-you'll-miss-it service hold from Tsonga means this first set will be decided, at worst, on a tie-break for the Frenchman.
- - TSONGA 5-5 - The Frenchman almost buckles at the knees when he comes into for a high forehand volley and Sijsling goes on to hold to 15 when Tsonga mis-times a forehand return.
- - TSONGA 5-4 - Another very quick and comfortable service hold from Tsonga as he returns to the kind of serving he was producing at the beginning of this match and also against Roger-Vasselin earlier this morning. Sijsling will have to serve to stay in the set after the change of ends.
- - TSONGA 4-4 - Tsonga is furious with himself for not getting a forehand return back in play when he has a golden chance to earn himself a break point. He does get the chance just two points later though, dinking a backhand stop volley into the open court. Sijsling saves it with a backhand across cout that Tsonga can only net. A second chance also goes begging when Sijsling produces a great forehand. And Sijsling goes on to hold with a sensational forehand winner. Still on serve.
- - TSONGA 4-3 - Tsonga again saves the break point with a huge serve and this time he goes on to hold with another first serve that Sijsling cannot return in play. A tight hold of serve from Tsonga there.
- - TSONGA 3-3 - A sesnational pick-up from Tsonga on the off-forehand and backing away from the ball sees the Dutchman level at 30-30 after his follow-up is only returned into the net from the Frenchman. Sijsling nets a forehand return to allow Tsonga a game point but the Frenchman slices a backhand approach shot into the net to see Sijsling level at deuce. That quickly becomes a break point with another forehand error. A big serve saves it but Sijsling fashions another chance wrong-footing Tsonga.
- - TSONGA 3-3 - Sijsling posts a love service hold, also sealing it with a big first serve that his opponent cannot get back in play. Still on serve in this opening set with not even a hint of a break point as yet.
- - TSONGA 3-2 - Eleven minutes played, five games complete as Tsonga rattles a service winner out wide to post another very comfortable service hold, despite the Frenchman having a bit of a moan at himself during that game.
- - TSONGA 2-2 - Sijsling also makes a trip into the net and, although Tsonga forces the Dutchman to play the volley, that's exactly what he does - a forehand volley bringing up game point before he holds to level up once more.
- - TSONGA 2-1 - Tsonga endulges in a spot of serve and volley but the follow-up volley is not needed as Sijsling's attempted forehand passing shot ends up in the bottom of the net. It's another love hold to the Frenchman.
- - TSONGA 1-1 - Sijsling also races through a comfortable opening service hold to love with a sizeable, unreturnable first serve.
- - TSONGA 1-0 - The Frenchman opens this clash with a series of huge first serves, sealing the hold to love with a serve that Sijsling cannot return in play.
- - Next up for us today, though, will be a second look at fourth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. The Frenchman beat compatriot Eduoard Roger-Vasselin in his second round match this morning and now he is about to take on Dutch left-hander Igor Sijsling.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||18/08/1987|