No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|T de Bakker||1||4||-||-||-|
14:19 - Murray is returning after missing the French Open with a back injury. But the world number two has said he is ready to return. "The last three or four days, it [back] has felt really, really good," Murray told the BBC. "When you start back up again, things can feel stiff or sore on some days, but the last few days since I started training at Queens it has felt a lot better. I have been practicing with a lot of the top players. Touch wood, it is good."
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! De Bakker goes long with a return down the line to hand Berdych three match points. But the second seed only needs the one as the Dutchman goes wide down the opposite line this time. Berdych is through to the second round where he awaits the winner between Grega Zemlja or Sergiy Stahovsky, currently in the second set of their clash out on Court 2.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 5-4 - A trip into the net for De Bakker pays dividends as he lunges down to the lefthand wing and finds a backhand volley winner across court on his way to the hold that will force Berdych to serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 5-3 - Another tough service game goes the way of Berdych as he holds from deuce with a body serve that De Bakker can only net in return. The Dutchman will have to serve to keep this match alive, next.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 4-3 - BREAK! Having saved six break points in his last two service games, Berdych quickly finds himself in possession of three of his own. The Czech player only needs the one though as he takes the lead in this second set when De Bakker nets a forehand. That was not a good game for the De Bakker forehand and Berdych is now potentially just two games away from the win.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 3-3 - Berdych again has to save break points, the latter of which he does with an inside-out forehand approach shot right on to the sideline, before going on to hold with a fairly easy forehand volley across court into the open space.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 2-3 - Another hold from De Bakker despite a mis-hit return from Berdych going for a winner across court on an acute angle. It was early on in the game though, just the second point, and De Bakker ignores it on his way to another hold.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 2-2 - Berdych apologises when his mis-hit backhand volley goes over the net for the perfect drop shot. But he quickly finds himself two break points down when De Bakker rattles a backhand return of serve down the line for a winner. Berdych saves the first with a great half volley drop shot while De Bakker squanders the second with a netted backhand return. A third chance also goes begging for De Bakker before Berdych goes on to hold with an ace.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 1-2 - Another quick, much more confident service hold from De Bakker as he doubles his output from the first set in this second set. The Dutchman finds a service winner.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 1-1 - Despite dropping the opening point of the game with a backhand long, Berdych holds to get his match back underway, a big first serve and a trip into the net not requiring a volley as De Bakker can only put his attempted cross court forehand into the net.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 0-1 - De Bakker has made a much more positive start after the resumption than he did to the start of the match, holding to 15 for the opening game of the second set when Berdych fails to find the court with his return.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 - SET! The second seed serves out the set to love with an ace, his third of the day. The rain was beginning to fall at the end of that game and a delay cannot be far away.
- - BERDYCH 5-1 - Berdych denies De Bakker on a game point with a smash winner across court before earning himself a first set point. The chance goes begging with a netted forehand return before back-to-back aces see the Dutchman finally get on the scoreboard. Berdych will serve for it next though.
- - BERDYCH 5-0 - This is looking very like a bagel opening set for Berdych now as he holds to love with a big serve down the centre of the T that De Bakker cannot return in play. The Dutchman will have to serve to stay in the set after the change of ends.
- - BERDYCH 4-0 - BREAK! Ouch, De Bakker is still to get on the scoreboard as he nets another forehand to concede his serve for a second time in quick succession.
- - BERDYCH 3-0 - Berdych appears to be cruising towards a comfortable service hold to consolidate the early break, only to be pegged back by De Bakker. But the Czech second seed does hold from deuce when De Bakker sends a down the line forehand into the very bottom of the net.
- - BERDYCH 2-0 - BREAK! The early signs are not good for the Dutchman as he is broken to 15 when he sends a forehand long having failed to cope with the weight of shot from Berdych. De Bakker's only point in the game comes on a delightful off-forehand stop volley though.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 - Berdych, now on Centre Court against Dutchman de Bakker, races through the opening game for an easy hold to get his Queen's campaign underway.
|Date of Birth||19/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|