No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - ROBSON 6-7 5-7 - GAME, SET, MATCH! - It's all over for Laura Robson - on her fifth match point, Kanepi finally breaks the resistence of the Brit and finishes it in two sets. A strong effort from Robson but after serving for the first set and coming close to a breakthough in the second, she just wasn't as clinical in the crucial moments as the Estonian.
- - ROBSON 6-7 5-6 - BREAK! - Robbo can not find that break, but Kanepi does and she does it to love. She will serve for the match. As Court 1 goes silent.
- - ROBSON 6-7 5-4 - Robson holds again and a decider will be the prize if she can break Kanepi here.
- - ROBSON 6-7 4-4 - Huge reaction as Robson returns the first point, but Kanepi holds tight and keeps serve to 30 from there in a hold every bit a sign of character as Laura's in the previous game.
- - ROBSON 6-7 4-3 - Kanepi has done a better job of reading Robson's service and tapping into her flow, but though she earns two break points, Robson snuffs them both out with a pair of aces and stretches Kaia well for a fantastic, potentially-important hold.
- - ROBSON 6-7 3-3 - An accomplished hold from Robson is another sign of her returning to the assurance of her early form in the match, but Kanepi replies with a quick and merciless hold to love.
- - ROBSON 6-7 2-2 - Robbo unlucky to have a successful review ruled as a replay point, which she goes on to lose. Kanepi holds again despite a stern battle from Laura, reminiscent of those first few games of the match.
- - ROBSON 6-7 2-1 - You could feel the concern in the crowd when Robson started her second service of the set with a complete hash of a drop-shot. But to her credit, she responded admirably and cut out the errors to hold again.
- - ROBSON 6-7 1-1 - The match edges towards the hour mark as Kanepi holds her first serve of the set.
- - ROBSON 6-7 1-0 - Robson now down a level or two from that initial confident start in the face of Kanepi very much in full flow on returns. She dodges a break point to hold at the start of set two, however.
- - ROBSON 6-7(6-8) - SET! Robson has fallen behind to Kanepi after a see-saw tie-break which saw Kaia fight back superbly when Laura had the service points to try and see it out. A tremendous forehand return saved one set point but Kanepi clinched it on her second for an 8-6 tie-break success.
- - ROBSON 6-6 - Robson holds again and here we go with the tie-break...
- - ROBSON 5-6 - Kanepi holds to 30 leaving Robson needing to match her in improving on serve to stay in the first set and force a tie-break.
- - ROBSON 5-5 - BREAK! - Robson cannot convert the chance, however, thanks mostly to a fantastic response from Kanepi. She finally gets Robson out of position with some side-to-side two-handed play and breaks back to 15.
- - ROBSON 5-4 - BREAK! - Superb returns from Robson and Kanepi's serve is the first to crumble. The Estonian just could not react to some of those forehand replies and the second of a triple break point is enough to see the Brit serving for the one-set lead.
- - ROBSON 4-4 - Robson shakes off a rough start to hold to 30, as the battle between she and Kanepi for an early foothold gets tougher and tougher to call.
- - ROBSON 3-4 - Kanepi with her maiden love-service game now and after a bit of an inconsistent start, she is settling in and giving the confident and focused Robson a match here in set one.
- - ROBSON 3-3 - Robson starts with a blistering 133 serve and does not look back. Another hold to love.
- - ROBSON 2-3 - Some more early pressure on Kanepi's serve more assurance in her forehand to that of Robson's sees her hold to 30, with Robson using up a challenge in the decisive point.
- - ROBSON 2-2 - Robson looks so calm out there, it bodes well for the contest overall. She holds to 15 with more disciplined service.
- - ROBSON 1-2 - Kanepi holds again, but it's from deuce once more having survived a break point. Robson is certainly the early aggressor here and if she keeps the levels consistent there's a good chance of a breakthrough.
- - ROBSON 1-1 - Robson's opening serve is extremely crisp. She has been tightening up her service over the last month and it shows in a confident hold to love.
- - ROBSON 0-1 - Robson gets the crowd into it early with some admirable attacking against the serve, but Kanepi is eventually able to hold from deuce, forcing Robson to net and out in quick succession.
- - Kanepi to serve first. And here we go!
- - 1pm means the opening of play on Centre Court and Court 1, and we are beginning big on each with Laura Robson taking on Kaia Kanepi on 1...
|Date of Birth||21/01/1994|
|Date of Birth||10/06/1985|