|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So Radwanska is through to her second consecutive Wimbledon semi-final where she will play Sabine Lisicki, a winner earlier in the day.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! This time the chance goes begging after a blistering backhand return of serve from Li, while the Pole is also denied on a sixth chance by a forehand winner down the line from Li. A wrong-footing forehand volley winner earns Radwanska a seventh chance but another huge backhand return from Li saves it. But Radwanska finally takes the match at the eight attempt when Li goes just long with a forehand.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 5-2 - Radwanska finds herself two break points down. The first goes begging with another one of the Pole crouching down shots while Radwanska also saves the second. She wastes another match point with a tight forehand but a change-of-direction backhand passing shot winner brings up a fourth. Li somehow catches the very outside of the line with a forehand volley across court. Radwanska gets a fifth match point with a forehand winner ...
- - Radwanska has the trainer back out on court for a little attention to her left thigh this time. No full medical timeout though, just during the change of ends. Radwanska will serve for the match next.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 5-2 - Li saves a first match point with a backhand down the line and forehand drive volley winner across court. The Pole gets a second chance but Li also saves this one with a great forehand stop volley that Radwanska can only lob long. And Li goes on to hold when Radwanska runs around the second serve only to return a forehand wide down the line.
16:21 - Just as we say that the tent is being deflated! Maybe there might be some more play again soon. Still no official word though of a eta for resumption of play.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 5-1 - Radwanska crouches down until she is virtually kneeling on the ground to fire a backhand winner down the line and level at 30-30. Li then nets a forehand to hand Radwanska a game point, something the Pole takes full advantage of with a huge serve that Li can only return short. The Pole consolidates the double break and Li has to serve to stay in this match next.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 4-1 - BREAK! A deliciously delicate backhand drop shot from Radwanska sees her go 0-30 up against the Li serve. But another lob, Li is reading them easily, and smash winner helps Li level up at 30-all before the Pole earns herself a break point with Li hitting an off-forehand wide. Radwanska slips on the baseline and although she bounces back she nets a forehand to waste it. But she gets a second chance and this time she does break when Li goes just wide again.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 3-1 - Radwanska races through a hold to 15 with a series of big serves - Li pulling a cross court forehand return wide on both the first and last points of the game. The rain delay doesn't appear to have affected the fourth seed much.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 2-1 - Li resumes her clash against Radwanska with just the one point needed to belatedly get her final set underway. Radwanska hits an unorthodox forehand into the net to hand Li the game.
15:57 - Radwanska and Li are back out on Court, going through their warm-up again to prepare for the remainder of their clash to take place under the roof.
15:38 - They are going to close the roof on Centre Court as they have decided the rain showers are too persistant to keep sending the players on and off. So it will be about 20-30 minutes before play resumes on this match.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 2-0 40-A - Li sends a forehand long to squander a first game point and then also a second which she wastes on a double fault. But the sixth seed earns herself a third game point with a cross court smash winner before play is suspended due to the rain.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 2-0 - Li takes the first point of the game with a forehand winner before earning herself a break back point with another forehand winner. But she nets a forehand to squander the chance before Radwanska holds with a forehand volley winner to hold and consolidate the break.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 1-0 - BREAK! Li seems to have been unnerved by that delay as Radwanska breaks to 15 to open the third set, a forehand winner doing the damage for the Pole before she goes on to break when Li nets a backhand.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 - MEDICAL TIMEOUT! Radwanska is receiving a medical timeout during the change of ends for treatment to her already taped right thigh. In fact she has been playing all match with tape on both her quads but this is the right one that seems to be causing her extra trouble.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-6 - SET! A backhand riffled over the net from Li brings up a first set point for the sixth seed to level to match. And she only needs the one as Radwanska nets a forehand to allow Li the second set.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-5 - Radwanska has another point to break and leave herself serving for the match. But Li saves it with a forehand winner before going on to hold with consecutive backhand winners. Radwanska will have to serve to stay in this second set next.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-4 - BREAK! A forehand drive volley winner from Li sees her break back at the first opportunity and get this second set back on level terms. Is Radwanska finally tiring of chasing down all these balls?
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-3 - Li holds with a forehand smash winner after an ill-advised lob from Radwanska that leaves the Pole gesturing in a distressed manner to her camp.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 4-2 - Radwanska continues her march towards the semi-finals with another hold to 30 when Li puts a backhand return into the net.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 3-2 - Concerned looks from Li back to her players box as she is pushed all the way to deuce before being able to hold with a forehand approach shot followed by a inside out forehand volley winner. The deficit remains just the one break in this second set.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 3-1 - Radwanska quickly finds herself 0-30 down on her serve but two poor returns from Li and the Pole is back on level terms before going on to hold with a forehand volley winner. That's the break consolidated for Radwanska.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 2-1 - BREAK! The Pole earns herself a break point with a gorgeous backhand volley down the line. Li saves the first with a forehand winner but she hands Radwanska a second chance and this time the Pole does break when Li nets a forehand.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 1-1 - A great first serve from Radwanska, which Li can only net in return, and the Pole has an opening hold in this second set.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) 0-1 - Li holds to love when Radwanska fails to return a backhand in play. Great recovery from the sixth seed who will no doubt have been furious with herself for dropping that first set.
- - RADWANSKA 7-6(5) - SET! Radwanska steals the first set from Li Na having been forced to save four set points of her own in the 10th game. She is handed a first set point when Li sends a forehand just wide across court before taking full advantage with another point full of epic defence from Radwanska - Li ending it by netting a backhand.
- - RADWANSKA 6-6 (3-3) - TIE-BREAK! Still absolutely nothing to choose between these two players as they change ends in the breaker tied at 3-3. Li snuck 3-1 ahead before Radwanska levelled with a cross court forehand that Li could only return wide.
- - RADWANSKA 6-6 - It's tie-break time, folks! Consecutive forehand winners from Li see her hold to 15 and force the breaker.
- - RADWANSKA 6-5 - Radwanska races out to a 40-0 lead before throwing in her first double fault of the match. But it's only a temporary blip and she holds on the very next point when Li fails with a forehand return. The sixth seed will have to serve to stay in this first set after the change of ends.
- - RADWANSKA 5-5 - BREAK! A change-of-direction forehand error from Li as well as a double fault allow Radwanska to level at 30-30. The Pole saves a set point with a drop shot and follow-up backhand passing shot winner. A second set point goes begging for Li when she sends a backhand wide across court. Radwanska saves a third set point with a sensational backhand passing shot winner down the line while Li wastes a fourth with a netted backhand. Radwanska breaks back when Li sends a forehand wide.
- - RADWANSKA 4-5 - BREAK! Radwanska throws in a nervous game, tightening up and slapping a forehand error to gift Li a break point. And the sixth seed takes full advantage, rattling a forehand winner down the line to break and leave herself serving for the opening set after the change of ends.
- - RADWANSKA 4-4 - Li completely mis-hits a forehand smash winner sending the ball well long of the baseline despite basically having the point won. It sees Radwanska level at deuce. The sixth seed is then left furious when she uses hawkeye to over-rule an out call only to be told she has to replay the point. This time she finds the smash winner though and then goes on to hold to level up once again.
- - RADWANSKA 4-3 - Radwanska's turn this time to get a little lucky as Li lets her off the hook from 30-30 with a backhand error followed by consecutive forehand errors.
- - RADWANSKA 3-3 - A trip into the net from Li, this time, ends with a backhand winner. Radwanska has a chance to push for the break but consecutive forehand errors from the Pole let Li off the hook at 30-30 and instead it's a hold for the sixth seed.
- - RADWANSKA 3-2 - Two big serves to open the game from Radwanska before she goes on to hold once more with a forehand winner down the line and then a forehand stop volley winner. Great stuff from the Pole.
- - RADWANSKA 2-2 - Li drills a backhand winner over the net to bring up a game point before Radwanska fails to find the court with a forehand to help the sixth seed secure her first hold of the afternoon.
- - RADWANSKA 2-1 - Much better from Radwanska on serve this time as she ghosts into the net and places a neat, shoulder-height backhand volley over into the open court. That's a hold to 15 for the Pole.
- - RADWANSKA 1-1 - BREAK! The Polish fourth seed, the highest seed left in the women's draw, breaks straight back to love to get her side of the scoreboard slightly belatedly ticking over.
- - RADWANSKA 0-1 - BREAK! Li Na breaks to love to open the match on Centre. That was a nervy start from Radwanska, although expect there to be breaks aplenty in this clash.
- - It's a colder day again today and these two are very heavy hitters of the ball. It's a first match on centre for Li Na this year and just a second for Radwanska.
|Date of Birth||06/03/1989|
|Date of Birth||26/02/1982|