No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for second seed Victoria Azarenka, assuming she recovers okay from that nasty fall, will be tricky Italian Flavia Pennetta.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Another double fault from Azarenka, her ninth, sees Koehler level at 30-30 before she hands the Portuguese player a break back point with a forehand just marginally wide. Azarenka checks it with hawkeye, the camera having to zoom in on the mark that's how close it was. Azarenka saves the chance though before earning herself a match point when Koehler goes wide with a forehand down the line. And this time Azarenka does wrap up the win, Koehler hitting long.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 5-2 - BREAK! Azarenka finds an inside out cross court forehand winner that comfortably beats Koehler for pace to berak for a third time in this set and leave herself serving for the match after the change of ends.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-2 - Azarenka appears to be on her way to a love service hold only for Koehler to work her around the baseline and eventually expose her restricted movement with a forehand winner down the line after pushing the Belarusian wide on the opposite side. But Azarenka does hold at the second attempt when Koehler cannot return the serve in play.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 3-2 - Koehler slips on the baseline in exactly the same spot that Azarenka went down, albeit less awkwardly. Azarenka looks concerned but Koehler is quick to get back up and she goes on to hold with a big serve that Azarenka cannot return in play.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 3-1 - Azarenka pulls up short as she attempts a run across the baseline to chase down a forehand. She hits into the net with that forehand having struggled to reach the ball. That squanders a first game point but does consolidate the break at the second attempt when Koehler nets a forehand.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 2-1 - BREAK! Azarenka is still moving incredibly gingerly, understandably so, but she is too good for Koehler from the back of the court and the Portuguese player seems unable to get the ball away from her. As a result the Belarusian breaks from deuce when Koehler goes long with a forehand. How will Azarenka go on serve though? That's going to be the real question.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 1-1 - BREAK! Azarenka decides she is going to continue but has trouble jumping up to the serve and slaps down back-to-back double faults to squander a game point and then hand Koehler a break point. She saves it with a cross court forehand drive volley winner but gifts Koehler a second break point and this time the Portuguese player does seal the game, doubling her output in this match, as Azarenka continues to struggle with her movement.
- - Azarenka eventually is helped up and hobbles back to the chair. She is cleraly going to attempt to play-on and is having so heavy strapping applied to her knee. How much she will be able move if and when she does continue though is debatable.
- - Azarenka is receiving treatment the baseline where she fell and does look to be in some pain. The good news, if there is any, is the physio is moving her leg and knee around quite a lot. If she had torn something which looked possible immediately after the fall, they would not be doing that. The initial scream and tears could be down to the shock as much as the injury itself.
- - AZARENKA IS IN ALL SORTS OF TROUBLE. The world number two slips on the baseline and immediately screams. She has stayed down and is in floods of tears as she clutches at her right thigh and knee. This does not look good for the second seed.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Another tough service game for Koehler as she slaps down a first double fault to hand Azarenka an early break point. And the Belarusian takes full advantage of it with a series of big ground-strokes that eventually draw the backhand error from the Portuguese player.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 - SET! Azarenka is quick to earn herself three set points before sealing the set to love with a bakchand across court followed by a change-of-direction backhand winner down the line.
- - AZARENKA 5-1 - BREAK! Azarenka re-establishes her double break lead and earns herself the chance to serve out this opening set when Koehler dumps a foerhand error into the net.
- - AZARENKA 4-1 - BREAK! With Azarenka looking like she had this match completely wrapped up already, and certainly the set, Koehler has suddently got one of the breaks back. The Portuguese player whips an inside out forehand passing shot across court for the winner that belatedly gets her on the scoreboard.
- - AZARENKA 4-0 - BREAK! Koehler looks like she might get off the mark when she earns herself the advantage with a big first serve out wide and forehand winner across court. But Azarenka battles back and breaks for a second time with a forehand return winner after the serve had sat right up into her hitting zone.
- - AZARENKA 3-0 - Azarenka is beginning to look pretty comfortable now as she races through a hold to 15, with a service winner, to consolidate the early break. No signs now of those early nerves from that first game.
- - AZARENKA 2-0 - BREAK! Azarenka squanders an early break point before being gifted a second. And this time she does grab the early lead when Koehler throws in a backhand error.
- - AZARENKA 1-0 - Consecutive backhand errors from Koehler help Azarenka out of a spot of bother early on, the Belarusian forced to save two break points before going on to hold with a forehand winner.
- - Our next featured women's match sees second seed Victoria Azarenka take on Maria Joao Koehler of Portugal. We'll be checking in with that one regularly, while focusing on the Federer match so stick with us here for updates.
|Date of Birth||08/10/1992|
|Date of Birth||31/07/1989|