|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 2-6 6-1 6-2 - GAME SET AND MATCH! Ferrer serves it out to love as Dolgopolov goes long, so he sets up a last-16 tie with Ivan Dodig. Monster effort from both men but the consistent Spaniard is through.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 2-6 6-1 5-2 - BREAK! Fantastic forehand with topspin to give the Ukrainian advantage again... Lost off second serve as he stoops into a low backhand. And now break point as he cracks after a pumping rally, Ferrer's fourth of the game... taken as Alex hits a forehand long. That should be it.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 2-6 6-1 4-2 - Shocking miss by Dolgopolov, a free volley a few yards from the net that he somehow nets. Break point... saved with an ace. But a poor backhand gives Ferrer another break point... First serve out for Dolgpolov but he challenges - and it was in. He smiles, highlighting that this chap plays for fun. The point is replayed, won by the Ukrainian, but his next volley is inches wide - challenged, and in again! A laugh this time! Game point... he nets a backhand. Wah!
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 2-6 6-1 4-2 - Tough service game for Ferrer but he aces to advantage and repeats the trick to hold.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 2-6 6-1 3-2 - BREAK! Ferrer moves 30-0 against Dolgopolov's serve. You'd be reluctant to say that would give him an edge given the weirdness of previous sets. A challenge from the Ukrainian as he was called long - but it was just in! Point replayed. Massive serve, 15-30 but Ferrer hustles and harries and gets the break.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 2-6 6-1 1-1 - Both men hold easily early on in the fifth, Dolgopolov to love.
- - Medical time out for Dolgopolov this time as he has treatment on some blisters.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 2-6 6-1 - BREAK AND SET! Hilarious pair of shots from Dolgopolov as he casually flicks a few drop shots to make Ferrer run, with the Spaniard meeting both and winning the point. In the end it's a love break and the fourth set for Ferrer. An epic!
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 2-6 5-1 - BREAK! Cracking Ferrer volley puts him 30-15 against serve as he hunts another break. But a poor backhand to net, a rare error for him, and it's level. Now break point as Dolgopolov undercooks a volley... Back to deuce as the Ukrainian keeps his serve together, and now game point but back to deuce as Ferrer pounds a cool forehand clear. Alex nets though and another break point - taken as Dolgopoov smacks a weak backhand to net! Ferrer serving to force a fifth.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 2-6 3-1 - BREAK! Dolgopolov with some odd decision making as he gives Ferrer a helping hand to a break that he takes at the second time of asking. This is going all the way it seems.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 2-6 - SET! Dolgopolov holds his nerve and his serve this time and takes the set to move 2-1.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 1-4 - BREAK! Dolgopolov appears to have Ferrer's number, but that can all change due to his unpredictability. A second break in the third set.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 1-3 - After a ludicrous failed attempt at a trick shot, Dolgopolov is almost broken back but he manages to hold on to his break.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) 0-2 - BREAK! Fine start to this third set for Dolgopolov as he breaks Ferrer! The long-haired, awkward Ukrainian defends the break too.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 7-6(3) - Set point Ferrer now as he dominates the tie-break, and finally he gets it as Dolgopolov overhits a forehand. Relief for Ferrer.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 6-6 - BREAK! Guess what? Dolgopolov claws it back to force a tie-break. Ferrer has twice failed to serve out the second set and could be in trouble!
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 6-5 - Ferrer calls a medical timeout before serving for the set, so he can get a toe sorted out. Not sure if it's broken or just sprained but he has a jab and a wrap and is good to continue.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 6-5 - BREAK! Ferrer has two break points and he takes the second with a fantastic forehand across court off the line! Fantastic way to win that! He serves for the set again.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 5-5 - BREAK BACK! It stays with serve meaning Ferrer can close out the set. A terrifying yet unconventional backhand from Dolgopolov puts him 30-15 up though, and he has two break-back points after some woeful serving; and a monster backhand down the line off second serve brings back parity! Deja vu for Ferrer...
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 3-1 - Looks like Ferrer is going to take this beyond the three as he breaks and backs it up to move ahead in the second.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) 1-1 - With serve initially but Ferrer forces deuce after Dolgopolov looked in charge on serve. Now we have break point after some scuttling baseline play from the Spaniard, but a rare unforced error sees him pump it well wide for deuce again.
- - FERRER 6-7(6) - SET! Scrappy as ever, Ferer managed overcome the mini-break and move 5-2, but Dolgopolov has shown great fight to come back and now he has set point... and he takes it with a classic serve volley!
- - FERRER 6-6 - This is the first time these chaps have played a tie-break in six clashes. Dolgopolov starts with a mini-break.
- - FERRER 6-5 - Both men hold after that crucial break and now Dolgopolov will try to force the tiebreak.
- - FERRER 5-4 - BREAK! Well then, he was about to lose the set from 5-1 but Dolgopolov manages to bring it back to 5-4 with a crucial break and he serves to level the set.
- - FERRER 5-3 - A set point for Ferrer as Dolgopolov mis-hits a deft half-volley wide... Saved as Ferrer undercooks a forehand drive to net. The Ukrainian holds in the end to make Ferrer serve it out.
- - FERRER 4-1 - David Ferrer, the fourth seed and third highest remaining man, is in action against the awkward Alexandr Dolgopolov. Ferrer is a break up.
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||07/11/1988|