|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 7-5 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Andy Murray wins through to the third round of Wimbledon with a convincing straight-sets victory over Lu Yen-Hsun, and it's a very comfortable win for the second seed as he powers through on Court 1, on a day in which seven players have withdrawn through injury. He will next take on Tommy Robredo of Spain!
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 6-5 - There is no let up in terms of pressure on serve for Lu as Murray races through his service game and quickly puts his opponent back under the cosh. Can he wrap up the win now?
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 5-5 - Lu very nearly loses the match as he stumbles on serve, and Murray almost breaks to wrap up the match early but cannot quite do so as his opponent holds on and levels at 5-5. Murray still has work to do.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 5-4 - The second seed pounds two big serves down the T once more as he leaves Lu with no chance of breaking himself. The Brit can now attack Lu's serve as he looks to wrap up victory as soon as possible on Court 1.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 4-4 - Lu is battling away furiously in this set, and Murray is having to work very hard to attack his opponent's delivery. This could be going to a tie-break if he cannot break Lu shortly.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 4-3 - Murray peppers the T with big serves, and Lu pulls off a brilliant backhand return but is unable to replicate it. The second seed can now put real pressure on Lu's serve once more. A huge "Ooohh!" greets the Sharapova upset coming up on the big screen.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 3-3 - Huge credit must go to Lu, who battles through an epic deuce with countless big shots under pressure from Murray, who cannot quite believe that his opponent has managed to hold serve! Lu levels, and he's showing real guts.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 3-2 - Murray is cruising now on serve, and Lu is barely able to challenge from the back of the court as he looks to test the Brit but is really struggling to make an impact.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 2-2 - Lu roars back once more to level at 2-2 in the third set, and Murray is having to battle much harder in the third set after having taken the first two much more comfortably.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 2-1 - Murray fires a stunning sliced serve outwide to leave Lu helpless, and he comes through another service game very comfortably to hold and move ahead once more.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 1-1 - Lu gets on the board with a composed hold to 30, despite Murray finding a sensational return to peg him back to 40-30. He makes a better start to this set.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 1-0 - Murray serves first in the third set and finds three big first serves as Lu is pegged firmly back behind the baseline. Lu must quickly settle and hold, not allowing Murray to claim an early break.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-3 - SET! Murray takes the second set in similar fashion to the first, losing just three games and dominating on serve. Lu is unable to compete with Murray's power and intensity, and he must hold serve early on in this third set.
- - MURRAY 6-3 5-3 - Murray, the second seed, holds to move to within just one game of the second set on Court 1 and he has not looked in any trouble at all with his movement, unlike many players today on the Wimbledon courts.
- - MURRAY 6-3 4-3 - Lu is doing very well to hold firm and remain in the contest in the second set after slipping a break down early on, and he holds once more, even moving in court to pound a half-volley down the line.
- - MURRAY 6-3 4-2 - Murray restores his two-game cushion with a comfortable service game, and this match is increasingly becoming a case of Lu's serve being challenged with Murray afforded easy holds in response. It's one-way traffic on the most part.
- - MURRAY 6-3 3-2 - Murray very nearly breaks for a second time in the set, but Lu clings on and holds after deuce to reduce the deficit once more and ensure that he is not entirely out of the second set.
- - MURRAY 6-3 3-1 - Murray has not looked at all troubled on serve apart from the one game in the first set that lasted for eight minutes, and he's keeping Lu pegged safely back behind the baseline.
- - MURRAY 6-3 2-1 - Lu belatedly gets on the board in the second set as Murray flashes two forehand returns agonisingly wide and does not manage to break again on this occasion. It's very sad news about Tsonga having to withdraw, and Murray's route is eased further.
- - MURRAY 6-3 2-0 - Murray comfortably consolidates his break of serve with a hold, and the second seed opens up a commanding lead in the second set. Murray will be looking to just come through this match unscathed after all that is happening on this extraordinary day.
- - MURRAY 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Murray is in complete control now as he breaks at the start of the second set, and he's reading Lu's first delivery with consummate ease! The second seed is cruising on Court 1, and Kvitova's match will now not follow this one.
- - MURRAY 6-3 - SET! Murray swiftly closes out the opening set with a commanding hold, and Lu cannot find a response as he slips behind in this match on Court 1. The atmosphere is superb, but a group of four are all fast asleep, so are clearly resting up for Kvitova's match!
- - MURRAY 5-3 - Lu reduces the deficit with a solid hold, but the damage has effectively been done already in this opening set as far as he is concerned. Murray can now serve out for the opening set from a very strong position.
- - MURRAY 5-2 - Murray steps up the intensity in devastating fashion, and he steps in court to hammer half-volleys into the open court after big serves! Lu cannot respond, and Murray is now just one game away from taking the opening set.
- - MURRAY 4-2 - BREAK! Murray stamps his authority on the match with a clinical break of serve, and suddenly Lu is unable to respond from the back of the court as he is outplayed by the second seed. Murray has the advantage in the opening set.
- - What have you made of this crazy day at Wimbledon with FIVE players having already pulled out and Tsonga struggling? Do you think Murray will win Wimbledon this year? Does Tsonga have a chance?
- - MURRAY 3-2 - After two love service games, Murray is given a stern test suddenly as he takes almost eight minutes to hold! Lu applies real pressure on the Brit's serve, and Murray has to come through one unsuccessful Hawkeye review and an extended deuce before holding.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - Lu holds once more in pretty routine fashion, and Murray is just finding his range on return as he blasts two powerful forehands just long. Ross Hutchins is again in attendance watching his good friend and David Cup team-mate.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - There is an embarrassing moment for Lu as he leaves a lop from Murray that lands just inside the baseline, and the second seed closes out a second successive love service hold at the start of this match. It's a very comfortable start.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Murray drills a forehand down the line to peg Lu back temporarily, but he holds to 15 with a comfortable game to get going on serve and to get on the board. Court 1 is completely packed now after people raced back to catch this match from the food tents!
- - MURRAY 1-0 - It's a very comfortable start for Murray as he races through a love game, and the Brit is the epitome of composure as he saunters back to his chair for another quick drink. Can Lu settle as quickly now?
- - Murray and Lu have met twice previously on Tour, with the Brit winning in Indian Wells this year in the last 32 in straight sets. Lu won their encounter at the Beijing Olympics, meanwhile.
- - Next up on Court 1 will be Britain's Andy Murray - finalist last year and US Open champion. He takes on Lu Yen-Hsun, and the second seed will be looking for another comfortable progression through to the third round. He is coming out now to a rapturous reception!
|Date of Birth||14/08/1983|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|