No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for Hewitt will be Dustin Brown, after the German beat Spain's Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in straight sets earlier today.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 3-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Hewitt earns himself a fourth chance with a stunning cross court forehand return winner before Wawrinka saves it with a short forehand winner. The Aussie gets a fifth match point though and this time he seal the match when Wawrink sends an inside out forehand wide across court. Hewitt sinks to his knees before shaking hands with Wawrinka and saluting his supporters!
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 3-5 40-40 - Wawrinka slaps down his second double fault on his way to handing Hewitt two match points. Wawrinka saves the first with an ace before Hewitt squanders the second witha forehand long. Wawrinka slices a backhand into the net to squander a game point before Hewitt denies the Swiss player on a second with a cross court backhand winner. A backhand passing shot winner down the line brings up another match point. Wawrinka saves it with a backhand winner down the line ...
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 3-5 - Warinka will have to serve to stay in this match as Hewitt holds without too much trouble, with just his fifth ace of the evening. Has Wawrinka got anything left?
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 3-4 - Wawrinka races through a love service hold, sealing the game with an ace to sling all the pressure back on the Hewitt.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 2-4 - Wawrinka again slips on the baseline and it's enough to put him off his shot as he then sends a forehand wide down the line. It squanders a first break point while the second one also goes begging on another forehand error. The Swiss 11th seed earns himself a third chance but Hewitt saves it with a cross court forehand winner. Hewitt also saves a fourth chance with a service winner and a fifth with a backhand winner and he eventually holds when Wawrinka nets a backhand.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 2-3 - An ace from Wawrinka brings up a game point and although the Swiss fails to take it he does hold just a couple of points later with a forehand winner.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 1-3 - Hewitt gets a little lucky when his backhand catches the top of the tape and bounces over the racquet of Wawrinka. It helps the Aussie recover from 15-30 down before he takes the lead when the Swiss player ends a lengthy rally with a forehand well long. And another forehand long, this time down the opposite line goes.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 1-2 - A seventh ace from Wawrinka sees him get belatedly on the scoreboard in this third set. Still a break down to Hewitt though.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 0-2 - Wawrinka takes a heavy tumble on the baseline but appears to be unhurt as he bounces straight back up again. The Swiss player then squanders a break point with a backhand wide and long - just completely mis-hit really - before Hewitt brings up a game point with a forehand winner down the line. The Aussie can't quite take advantage of the chance but does hold a couple of points later with a spot of serve and volley and a forehand winner.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 0-1 - BREAK! Hewitt is all over this match now as he breaks for the opening game of the third set. Hewitt quickly earned himself a couple of break points but only one was needed as Wawrinka netted a backhand.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-7 - SET! Hewitt earns himself two set points with a trip into the net and a backhand volley winner across court. But he only needs the one, pushing Wawrinka wide and dawing the forehand into the net from the Swiss player.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 5-6 - BREAK! Wawrinka fails to take advantage of a game point, dumping a backhand volley into the net, and he is made to pay for it as Hewitt breaks after back-to-back forehand errors from the Swiss. The Aussie veteran will serve for this second set after the change of ends.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 4-4 - BREAK! Hewitt has fough back in this second set, breaking to get things back on level terms with a low forehand approach shot that Wawrinka can only return into the net. We're back on serve in this second set.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 2-0 - BREAK! Swiss 11th seed Wawrinka breaks the Hewitt serve to love to open this second set, firing a backhand winner over the net as he looks to get his clash back on track.
- - WAWRINKA 4-6 - SET! After his stunning run to the semi-finals of Queen's last week, Hewitt is clearly loving being back on the grass. He was 4-0 up against 11th seed Wawrinka at one point before eventually taking the opening set by just the one break when Wawrinka goes well wide with a backhand down the line.
- - Right, now we're getting over the excitement of Nadal's loss and Murray's win we are going to move across to Court 1 where veteran Lleyton Hewitt is taking on Swiss 11th seed Stanislas Wawrinka.
|Date of Birth||24/02/1981|
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|