No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - That was a very comfortable, very solid display from Murray, who is safely through into the second round where he will face either fellow Brit James Ward or Lu Yen-Hsun of Chinese Taipei.
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-3 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Murray goes wide across court with a forehand to gift Becker a point in the game but a forehand drive volley winner across court from Murray quickly follows to bring up two match points. The first goes begging when the Brit sends an off-balance backhand wide down the line. But the Brit does wrap up the win at the second time of asking with a cross court forehand winner.
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-3 5-2 - BREAK! Murray absolutely nails a forehand return across court for a winner before going on to earn himself another two break points when Becker goes long with a forehand down the line. Murray squanders the first with a backhand long and the second with another backhand error but he does break at the third attempt when Becker slaps over a forehand error. Murray will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-3 4-2 - A big first serve from Murray sees Becker send his return long and hand Murray another game point. And that is all the Brit needs to extend his lead once again as another big serve is returned into the net by Becker.
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-3 3-2 - Becker makes a trip into the net and finds a backhand volley winner to earn himself a game point before holding to remain just the one break down when Murray fails to find the court with a forehand.
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-3 3-1 - Murray opens the game with an ace before back-to-back forehand errors from Becker leave the Brit with three game points. A backhand error from the German then hands Murray the game that keeps him comfortable in this third set.
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-3 2-1 - Murray makes one of the worst hawkeye challenges of his career as Becker holds with an ace that was well in, a good couple of inches in, to seal the game and get himself off the mark in this third set.
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-3 2-0 - Murray holds for the loss of just the one point to consolidate the break producing a smash winner to seal the game.
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Murray is completely in the groove now as he breaks to love for the opening game of the third set, sealing it with a backhand winner.
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-3 - SET! Becker denies Murray on the first of his set points, finding a forehand winner, before the Scot seals his two sets to love lead with an ace.
- - MURRAY 6-4 5-3 - BREAK! Great game from Murray as he breaks with a sensational forehand passing shot attempt that Becker can only net despite doing well to even get a racquet to the ball. Murray will serve for the second set next.
- - MURRAY 6-4 4-3 - Murray holds for the loss of just the one point once again as he goes down the line with a forehand before flicking a forehand passing shot winner across court.
- - MURRAY 6-4 3-3 - A service winner from Becker brings up a game point from 30-30, and he takes full advantage of it when Murray nets a backhand return. Still on serve in this second set.
- - MURRAY 6-4 3-2 - Murray is a little frustrated with himself when Becker levels at 30-30 with a forehand winner. But a forehand winner from the Brit followed by a backhand error from Becker and Murray has the hold without too much trouble.
- - MURRAY 6-4 2-2 - Murray pushes Becker to 30-30 before Becker recovers to hold without dropping another point, the German finding a huge first serve that Murray can only return wide across court.
- - MURRAY 6-4 2-1 - Another love service hold from Murray as Becker puts a backhand return into the net to help the Brit sneak out in front once again.
- - MURRAY 6-4 1-1 - Even with all Murray's pace, there is no way he can chase down a sensational cross court forehand drop shot winner from Becker. And the German holds to level up this second set in the early stages.
- - MURRAY 6-4 1-0 - Murray is pushed to deuce by Becker in the opening game of this second set, earning himself a game point with a forehand winner before a great inside out cross court forehand from Becker denies the Brit. Murray is also forced to save a break point which he does with a huge first serve that Becker can only return into the net. And from there Murray goes on to hold with a kicking serve that Becker can only return wide down the line.
- - MURRAY 6-4 - SET! Murray fails to take advantage of a first set point when Becker fires an inside out forehand across court. But the Brit does seal the set at the second attempt when Becker goes wide across court with a backhand.
- - MURRAY 5-4 - Murray holds, not to love as he looked likely to do but to 30, when he finds an ace down the centre of the court. Becker will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 4-4 - Murray just marginally misses a backhand passing shot, sending it wide down the line to let Becker off the hook at 15-30 and the German goes on to hold with a perfect forehand drop shot.
- - MURRAY 4-3 - BREAK! A very untidy game from Murray as he gifts Becker the break back when he slaps down his second double fault of the match, despite getting off the mark in the game with an ace. Back on serve in this opening set, although Becker still trails by a game.
- - MURRAY 4-2 - Murray is frustrated with himself after putting a forehand volley into the net to hand Becker a game point from deuce. And the German takes full advantage of it, drawing the backhand error from the German.
- - MURRAY 4-1 - Murray races out to a 40-0 lead with an ace before a forehand error lets Becker back into the game. But the Brit holds on the next point, with his second ace of the game, to consolidate the break.
- - MURRAY 3-1 - BREAK! Not a great start to the game for Becker as he slaps down a double fault before Murray goes on to break when the German nets a backhand after being pushed deep by Murray.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - Murray holds to 30, more confidently than the last game, when Becker fails to find the court with a backhand.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Becker emphatically puts an end to his opening service game, sealing the hold for the loss of just the one point with a booming ace.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Murray quickly finds himself a break point down before producing a big first serve when he really needs it and then going on to hold when Becker mis-hits a forehand to end a lengthy rally.
- - Murray and Becker are just about ready to go with Murray to serve first after Becker won the toss and opted to put the Scot in to serve.
- - Murray and Becker have met just the once before and that was last week in the quarter-finals at Queen's. Murray won that match in straight sets, albeit two fairly tough sets, before going on to win the title as you all know.
- - Coming up next on Centre Court is last year's beaten finallist and this year's second set Andy Murray taking on Germany's Benjamin Becker.
|Date of Birth||16/06/1981|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|