|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Djokovic rattles a backhand winner down the line to seal the win at the first attempt, the Serb setting up a second round clash against either American Bobby Reynolds or American Steve Johnson.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 5-4 - Mayer thumps a forehand winner down the line to hold and force the world number one to serve out the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 5-3 - Djokovic races through another hold to leave himself potentially just one game away from the second round. The Serb produces a series of big serves which Mayer cannot return. The German will have to serve to stay in this match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 4-3 - Things have reverted to the way they were in the second set with both men holding serve pretty comfortably sa Mayer seals the game when Djokovic sends a bakchand return sailing long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 4-2 - A huge first serve that Mayer can only net in return sees Djokovic hold to love once again as he continues his march towards the second round.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 3-2 - Mayer races into the net and buries a forehand volley winner into the open court to hold and keep the deficit down to just the one break in this third set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 3-1 - A comfortable smash winner across court from Djokovic sees him hold without any trouble and maintain his advantage in this third set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 2-1 - Great hold from Mayer under huge pressure from Djokovic once again, the German eventually holding with a delightfully disguised forehand drop shot just dinked over the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 2-0 - Djokovic is not having it all his own way on serve still as Mayer pushes him to 30-all before the Serb can hold when his opponent's forehand return fails to find the court.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 1-0 - BREAK! Djokovic strikes right at the start of this third set, breaking at the first attempt when Mayer (backing away from the baseline) nets a defensive forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 7-5 - SET! Djokovic serves out the second set in connsumate style, dropping just the one point before finding a big serve that Mayer cannot return in play.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-5 - BREAK! Mayer slips on the baseline, chasing across for a forehand. He manages to get the shot off but Djokovic can just flick his reply across court to break and leave himself serving for the second set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-5 - Djokovic holds to love to keep this second set alive and keep the pressure on Mayer.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-5 - Djokovic will have to serve to stay in this second set after the change of ends as Mayer holds for the loss of just the one point when the Serb's forehand catches the top of the tape and fails to go over the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-4 - Easier on serve this time around for Djokovic as he holds to 30 when Mayer goes long with a forehand return. The Serb had gone walkabout in the last couple of games but signs that he's hauling his concentration back into this game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-4 - Mayer races through a love service game, bring up the game point with an ace before Djokovic fails to find the court with a forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-3 - Djokovic finds himself in a spot of bother for the first real time on his serve as he is forced to save a break point (a stunning second serve and forehand volley winner sealing it) before holding with another forehand winner, this time off the ground.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-3 - Much better from Mayer this time around as he holds for the loss of just the one point with a huge serve out wide that Djokovic can only return long after lunging out to the forehand wing.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-2 - Djokovic races through a quick service hold to love with a low backhand volley winner, just dinked over the net, to put all the pressure back on the shoulders of Florian Mayer.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-2 - Mayer denies Djokovic on six break points before leaping all over a high return from the Serb and flicking it dismissively away for a shoulder height forehand volley winner across court. The German produces a service winner to bring up another game point almost immediately though and this time he does hold when Djokovic nets a backhand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-1 - A tougher service hold from Djokovic as Mayer goes 15-30 up before Djokovic can bounce back and race through the next three points when his first serve comes to the rescue.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 0-1 - Great start to the second set for Mayer as he holds for the loss of just the one point when Djokovic fails to finds the court with a forehand return.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET! A first set point goes begging for Djokovic when he nets a backhand. But the world number one wraps up the set at the second time of asking, rattling a forehand winner over the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - Mayer is diving round all over the place as he flings himself towards the ground in pursuit of a backhand volley which he incredibly gets back before leaping back up to his feet to produce a smash winner. That brings up game point and the German holds when Djokovic goes wide with a forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - Ouch. A lose game from Mayer, including a volley error, helps Djokovic hold for the loss of just the one point once again and the German will have to serve to stay in this set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - "Anything you can do..." Mayer also fires down an ace on his way to a hold, albeit a slightly less comfortable hold that Djokovic's as the Serb pushes him to 30 before a forehand error concedes the game,
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - Another speedy service hold from Djokovic is sealed by an ace, although this time he does drop his first point behind serve on a forehand error.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - Djokovic pushes Mayer once again on serve but this time the German finds a way through, holding from 30-all after consecutive forehand errors from the Serb.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - A forehand winner, a smash winner, a backhand winner and an ace from Djokovic seals another love service hold that showcases all the best of the Serb's all-court play!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! Mayer denies Djokovic on a first break point with a forehand winner but he can do nothing about the second dumping a forehand into the net to gift the world number one the early break.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Djokovic is quick off the mark as he earns himself three game points with a forehand winner before sealing the opening game to love when Mayer fails to find the court with his forehand return.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||05/10/1983|