|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 6-1 4-6 7-5 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Ferrer has come through a tough clash and a couple of injury scares to serve out the match with an ace down the centre of the court. The Spanish fourth seed is through to the second round where he will face compatriot Roberto Bautista, a winner over Teymuraz Gabashvili.
- - FERRER 6-1 4-6 7-5 4-1 - BREAK! Ferrer is limping pretty heavily now as he goes down for a second time on the same basline. This time it's his left leg that goes out from underneath him during the split set. But he gets up to take the next point, an Alund error, and seal the break that could have won him this match.
- - FERRER 6-1 4-6 7-5 - SET! Ferrer serves out the third set to love, working his way into the net and burying a forehand volley winner into the open court. The fourth seed is ahead again in the match heading into this fourth set.
- - FERRER 6-1 4-6 6-5 - BREAK! Ferrer races up the court and fires a forehand approach shot winner down the line to snatch the first break of this third set and leave himself serving for the set after the change of ends.
- - FERRER 6-1 4-6 - SET! Has that fall slightly unnerved Ferrer? Certainly he's not showing too much trouble with his movement but since then he hasn't quite been his usual terrier-like self as Alund drills a forehand winner down the line to break and seal the second set.
- - FERRER 6-1 3-4 - Ferrer suffers a nasty fall on the baseline, his right foot going out from underneath himas he attempts the split-step. He doesn't take as long as Azarenka yesterday to get up but he's clearly in a spot of discomfort. He hasn't called for the trainer though. Alund goes on to hold and there's no breaks of serve in this second set as yet.
- - FERRER 6-1 - SET! Boom! A forehand into the net hands Ferrer two quick set points. But the Spaniard only needs the one, firing down his first ace of the afternoon to seal it in just 28 minutes.
- - FERRER 5-1 - BREAK! Ferrer quickly re-establishes his double break lead when Alund fails to find the court with a fairly routine backhand once again. The Spaniard will serve for the opening set, next.
- - FERRER 4-1 - BREAK! Alund gets one of the breaks back with a blistering backhand winner rattled straight down the line. The set is probably still gone for the Argentine but that will at least settle some of his nerves having got on the scoreboard before the end of this set.
- - FERRER 4-0 - BREAK! Alund slips on the baseline before getting up and attempting to challenge Ferrer's forehand. The Argentine is told he was too late to challenge and his arguement is he was trying to get up off the ground (which he might actually have a point about). It allows Ferrer to level at deuce before the Spaniard breaks for a second time in quick succession when Alund nets what should be a fairly routine backhand volley.
- - FERRER 3-0 - Fourth seed David Ferrer is all to a flying start on Centre Court, breaking in just the second game to get his clash against Argentine world number 101 Alund underway before holding to consolidate that early advantage.
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||26/12/1985|