|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Murray comes through 6-7 6-4 6-4 6-3....magical stuff from the Brit. He is back in the big time.
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH MURRAY 6-3! A double fault from Janowicz before Murray slams a forehand away from Janowicz on the return to complete the recovery. The great Scot is into the Wimbledon final. Murray will bid for the title on Sunday afternoon against Novak Djokovic.
- - MURRAY 5-3 - A fabulous overhead smash from Murray carries the Scot 40-0 clear and the Centre Court crowd are buzzing. Murray so, so near his second appearance in a Wimbledon final. Janowicz holds him up with one point, but Murray cllips away a winner on the forehand side to move within one game of the final.
- - MURRAY 4-3 - Janowicz plays a little drop shot to finish off that game in his favour. Really sweet stuff from the big Pole. A hold to love, but he needs to come up with something that we've not seen yet on Murray's service game.
- - MURRAY 4-2 - Murray looking so, so assured on service. Couldn't be a better time to be hitting form on his serve. Up to 20 aces with Janowicz only on eight. Needing two more games to progress to the final. What a chance he has here.
- - MURRAY 3-2! Murray recovers from trailing 40-0 to deuce. Some magnificent play from Murray, but Janowicz comes up with a massive first serve to ease his plight before Muzza drops a return into the net. Murray with a 3-2 lead. Just the one break of serve so far. Murray would dearly love some breathing space.
- - MURRAY 3-1! Some superb serving from Murray here. A love game is just what the doctor ordered. He can smell the kill right here, right now. One break of serve will surely see this one out.
- - BREAK MURRAY 2-1! A double fault from Janowicz just at the wrong time as Murray is handed two break points in this fourth set. Saves one of them, but the big Pole slams a forehand into the net at 30-40 behind. And suddenly Murray can see light at the end of the tunnel. Murray leads 2-1.
- - 1-1 - A love game from Murray as he restores parity in this set with a fabulous service game. Holds to love. Games back on serve under the roof. Under the lights.
- - JANOWICZ 1-0 - Murray scampers to the net to smash away a drop shot attempt by Janowicz to move 30-15 clear before the big Pole clubs away a blistering forehand to draw level at 30-30. A big serve is enough for Janowicz to edge 40-30 clear before some more fierce hitting helps the world number 24 over the line.
- - Janowicz to serve at the start of this fourth set.
21:01 - Just warming up again here.
- - Players back out then under the roof. Lights on and roof is on.
- - They are going to close the roof and Murray is far from happy about this call. What a bad call that is. There are another 40 minutes left at least of light. Can't understand that decision.
- - SET MURRAY 6-4! Murray misses a backhand from deep as he clips a ball inches wide of the line. A big first serve from Murray sees the score reach 30-30 and Janowicz is long with another attempted return. Set point to the Scot then. Janowicz saves the situation by driving the ball at Murray's body. But the man from Dunblane will not be dissuaded as he takes out the next two points on serve to move wrap up the set.
- - BREAK MURRAY 5-4! Janowicz all over the place as he drops three straight points to fall 40-0 behind. The crowd getting on his back and boo him as he slams the racket into the net. Janowicz saves one break point, but Murray crushes a forehand prompting Janowicz to knock it long. Murray will serve for a 2-1 lead in this match.
- - 4-4 - A rip-snorting service game from Murray. Holds to love and the pressure is transferred right back onto the shoulders of Janowicz. This is something of a change in the mood of this match. Can Murray break again here?
- - BREAK MURRAY! 4-3 Murray gets luck as the forehand creeps over with top spin to bring up the break point at 40-30. And he cements the break when Janowicz comes up short with an attempted drop shot. Murray plunges the forehand winner across court to trail 4-3. Muzza on a roll again. Back on serve.
- - JANOWICZ 4-2 - Murray drills through his own service game with a hold to love. Fine service game, but he will need to break that Janowicz serve to turn this set around. A daunting task.
- - JANOWICZ 4-1 - Murray somehow gets himself to deuce, but that massive first serve continues to carry the day as Janowicz drills down another huge few serves to scramble over the line. Heading for two hours, and Murray is a break down here in this set.
- - BREAK JANOWICZ 3-1! - Murray faltering and pays the price with Janowicz coming on strong. Forced to face the break point. But the big Pole wins it with a drop shot after Murray fails to come up with his own telling drop shot. Janowicz wagging his finger at the crowd. Silence on Centre Court.
- - JANOWICZ 2-1 - Janowicz asking the umpire whether or not they are planning to close the roof and stick lights on after holding without too much fuss in the third game of the third set. Decent hold from the big Pole. Continues to rattle those forehands with real vigour.
- - 1-1 - Murray comes up with three aces having fell 15-40 behind. A brilliant escape from Murray after missing the forehand volley early on. Muzza bouncing around the court with real momentum. That is a brilliant hold.
- - JANOWICZ 1-0 - Important hold for the Polish player. Was placed under some real heat at 30-30 after Murray came up with a wonderful winning lob. But Janowicz puts together two hurting bombs to escape from the game with his serve intact.
- - Murray off court for a comfort break before he returns to the action. Janowicz serves in the opening game of this third set.
- - MURRAY 6-4! SET MURRAY! An ace, a serve Janowicz can only return long, and another ace at 130. Three set points Murray - the first is dropped as he glides a forehand wide. But Murray holds to 15 as the Pole's next return is wide. Even at one set apiece now.
- - MURRAY 5-4! Janowicz runs out to 30-0 clear before he pulls a forehand wide of the target. Murray can't return a lob seconds later to leave the Pole holding two game points. A double fault sees the score reach 40-30. But Janowicz converts the overhead to keep Murray honest. The Scot will serve for the second set.
- - MURRAY 5-3! - Murray forced to confront two more break points on his service game. Far from ideal for the Scotsman. Janowicz clubs a return wide attempting to arrow back the second serve before Murray throws an ace down the T to save his third break point of this set. The double handed backhand hits the tape and fails to go over. But Murray responds with a magical serve as the score hits deuce. A brilliantly constructed point by Muzza gives him advantage and Janowicz then hits the tape. 5-3 now.
- - MURRAY 4-3! - Another blistering forehand from Janowicz is beyond Murray before he has the chance to react. A decent hold in the end from the Polish player. Murray with the one break. Could have been two by now, but must regroup. He is two games short of levelling the match at one set all.
- - MURRAY 4-2! Murray knocks a volley long at 30-30 to hand Janowicz the chance to break back. First chance Janowicz has to had to break. Huge point coming up. Murray defending hard on the baseline before Janowicz dumps a forehand into the net. Huge cheers. The Janowicz forehand again lets him down after Murray produces a timely body serve. Murray moves to advantage. Muzza comes up with a timely serve that Janowicz can't return. Vital hold for Murray.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - Chance of the double break. Janowicz seemed to have lost concentration, but turns it around just in time to keep the damage down to the one break. Murray has to maintain focus here after failing to convert two chances on the Janowicz service game.
- - MURRAY 3-1 - Murray is serving superbly. Wins the opening point with a terrific passing shot. Proceeds to hold to love as the ace count increases to seven compared to three from Janowicz. All is well in camp Murray so far in the second set this evening. All is good for the Great British hope.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - Been going for one hour here as Janowicz comes up with his own love game to trail 2-1. Janowicz with 15 unforced errors compared to only four from Murray. The big Pole taking some risks out there. That much is obvious.
- - MURRAY 2-0 - Muzza continues to enjoy his service game as he holds to love. Finished that one off with a delightful backhand winner after Janowicz drove the ball at him down the line. Superb stuff from the Scotsman.
- - BREAK MURRAY! 1-0 - Two double faults from Janowicz in the opening game of the second set. That is a gift to Murray at the outset of this second set. Suddenly momentum is right back with the Scotsman, who will serve holding this 1-0 lead. Can he push on from here. Needs to continue serving well.
- - SET JANOWICZ 7-6 (7-2) Janowicz crushes a forehand winner across the court before Murray slides one long from deep to fall four set points down. A Murray double fault completes a fairly unsatisfactory finish to the first set. Had his chances in the set, but it is Janowicz who pockets them.
- - Janowicz moves into a 4-0 lead aided by a 138 mph serve before Murray pulls a forehand wide from the middle of the court. Didn't need to be that good. The Brit in a spot of bother all of a sudden. Has to steady the ship here. And does to win his first point on serve, but he is two mini-breaks down. Make the one as Murray scampers into net to play the passing shot with Janowicz out of position. 4-2 now.
- - 6-6 - A love game from Janowicz carries the Pole into the breaker. Some massive hitting by Janowicz. How can Murray overcome this problem? Has faced into the past with Andy Roddick and it is right in his face so far this evening. The Poles in the crowd revelling in this.
- - MURRAY 6-5 - Murray has dropped only five points in this third set on serve. And he comes up with another fine hold just when he needed it most. Much has been made of the Janowicz serve, but Murray is keeping his end of the bargain. Murray up to five aces to one from his opponent.
- - 5-5 - Janowicz weighs in with a second serve of 118 mph to collect the first point before he pulls a forehand wide. The Pole then fails to convert a volley at the net as Murray moves 30-15 clear. Murray drives the backhand at Janowicz as he approaches the net. Suddenly two set points to the Scot. A big first serve saves one for the Polish players. And a big, big second serve is drilled into the net by Murray. A few more brutal serves carry Janowicz out of danger. An impressive hold.
- - MURRAY 5-4 - A fabulous hold to love by Murray in response to the Janowicz love game. Murray with three aces so far. Janowicz just the one so far despite his heavy hitting. Janowicz serves to stay in the first set.
- - 4-4 - Janowicz showing some real purpose as he holds to love in the eighth game of the match. The Polish player certainly moving in the right direction. Striding around the court as if he owns it.
- - MURRAY 4-3 - Murray loses the first point of the game, but steadies the ship as Janowicz mishits a backhand and goes long on a forehand. An ace down the T is enough for Murray to move to the cusp of the game. And a body serve completes the job.
- - 3-3 - Janowicz moves up to three drop shot winners in establishing a 40-15 lead. Murray trying to get whatever he can on these returns of serve. A lot of blocked returns by Murray, but the Pole plants a couple of overheads in the right spots to restore parity at 3-3 in this opening set.
- - MURRAY 3-2 Stunning stuff from Murray to repel a couple of brutal hitting from Janowicz and win a rally he looked out of. Janowicz too long as the Scot heads for his chair on the back of a love game. The Pole coming up with a second serve weight in at 121 mph in his previous game to illustrate Murray's dilemma.
- - 2-2 - Janowicz forced to stave off a break point before a little disguised drop shot helps him see out the game with set remaining on serve. Vital that Murray tries to keep his cool. The Pole certainly likes to mix things up from deep.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - The Scotsman moves 2-1 clear with another impressive service game. Janowicz wallops a couple of forehands into the net from deep as Murray continues to look steady early on.
- - 1-1 - Janowicz clips a backhand winner across court to level at 15-15. Some blistering hitting on the serve from Janowicz. As we expected. The big first serve setting up the Pole for the winning thrust afterwards. We are on serve. Murray doesn't want to be dropping serve too many times against this bloke.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Murray wins the first three points of the match with some decent serving. Janowicz responds by pinching the fourth point after a nice rally. But Murray takes the fifth after the Pole slams a forehand into the net. Fine start by Murray.
- - Murray to serve in the opening game of the match.
18:18 - "It will be a very tough match," said Murray. "He has a big serve. He's a big guy with a lot of power. He also has pretty good touch. He likes to hit dropshots and doesn't just whack every single shot as hard as he can."
18:17 - "I hope Andy will feel some kind of pressure," he said. "I'm sure he will feel some kind of pressure because Great Britain is waiting for the champion of Wimbledon."
18:15 - Murray is 1-5 to end Janowicz's surprise run. Janowicz is a qualifier last year who has rocketed up the rankings and beat compatriot Lukasz Kubot in straight sets in the last eight with the help of 30 sizzling aces. He is Poland's first male Grand Slam semi-finalist and, at 22, is the youngest man to reach the last four at Wimbledon since Murray in 2009.
18:09 - These men have played twice. Murray won the first meeting in straight sets three years ago. That was Davis Cup with Janowicz completing a victory in three sets in the Paris Masters last year. They have never met on grass.
18:08 - Players head out on Centre Court. A place against Novak Djokovic awaits the winner. Can Andy Murray get into Sunday's final for a second straight year?
- - Britain's Andy Murray and Jerzy Janowicz battle it out for a place in the Wimbledon final against Novak Djokovic.
|Date of Birth||13/11/1990|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|