|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So, there you have it. Murray is the first British male to win Wimbledon in 77 years, the first Brit of either sex to win Wimbledon since 1977 (when Virginia Wade won the women's title) and he now holds two of the four Grand Slams - the US Open and Wimbledon, as well as the Olympic gold. Rafael Nadal holds the French Open, Novak Djokovic holds the Australian Open.
- - Murray: "I can't even remember what happened on that last point. I'm sorry. I'm not sure how long that last game was. I'm not sure, I don't know. Sorry."
- - Murray on his mum up in the player's box: "I did forget her but got told she was just behind me so I turned back!"
- - Murray: "I know how much everyone wanted to see a British winner at Wimbledon so I hope you guys enjoy this. I tried my best."
- - Barker tells Murray: "Talk us through the last game because it was torturous to watch." Murray: "Imagine playing it".
- - Andy Murray: "It was an unbelievably tough match, some really long games. I don't know how I managed to come through that last game."
- - Novak Djokovic: "Congratulations to Andy, you absolutely deserve this, you played wonderful tennis."
- - Murray looks completely shocked by the whole thing and hugs the trophy like it might be taken away from him at any second.
- - Sue Barker with the on-court announcement: "We've waited 77 years for this ... the men's singles Wimbledon champion ... Andy Murray".
- - Murray asks security if it's okay for him to climb up to the player's box before making the trip up to celebrate with his camp. First coach Ivan Lendl, then girlfriend Kim Sears. He nearly forgets to see his mum but is reminded by a member of his box and then goes back!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 4-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Andy Murray is the new Wimbledon champion as Djokovic drops his service return just inside the baseline only to net his forehand follow up.
- - ANDY MURRAY IS THE 2013 WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 4-5 - An incredible angled cross court forehand passing shot winner from Djokovic brings up another break point but Murray saves it with a trip into the net and a backhand stop volley winner. Deuce again! Murray's anticipation comes to the rescue before he goes on to earn himself a FOURTH CHAMPIONSHIP POINT with a forehand passing shot attempt that Djokovic can only net...
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 4-5 - The third also goes begging when Murray sends a regulation backhand long down the line. Deuce. Murray hands Djokovic a break back point with a netted forehand but saves it with a big first serve that the Serb can only return long. Djokovic catches the top of the tape and sees his pick up just roll over for a winner. Break point number two for the Serb. But the Brit saves it with a cross court forehand winner after a lomg rally. Back to deuce.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 4-5 - And the Serb also saves the second, punishing a slow second serve with a backhand return winner down the line. Championship point number three...
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 4-5 - Djokovic saves the first with a forehand volley winner across court after pushing Murray wide. Two more championship points remain...
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 4-5 - Murray takes the first point when Djokovic hits a forehand out. And he then also takes the second with an easy forehand winner down the line off a drop shot from Djokovic that sits up into the Brit's hitting zone. 30-0. A big first serve is returned long from Djokovic and it's THREE MATCH POINTS FOR MURRAY...
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 4-5 - BREAK! A backhand error from Djokovic is greeted by a quiet "come on" from Murray before the Scot goes 15-30 up with a twisting forehand after a poor lob attempt from the Scot. That quickly becomes two more break points with another running forehand passing shot winner down the line (seven passing shot winners from Murray now). And Murray does break when Djokovic nets a forehand. Murray will serve for the Wimbledon title!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 4-4 - Djokovic is left down on the deck after a spectacular point from both players, Murray coming out on top with a forehand winner. A forehand long from Djokovic a couple of points later hands Murray a game point which he seals with a long angled run across court and flicked forehand passing shot winner down the line.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 4-3 - BREAK! Murray punishes a poor drop shot from Djokovic to go 0-30 up once again. A backhand volley into the net from the Brit hands his opponent one of the points back but Murray earns himself two break back points with a backhand across court that Djokovic can only return wide on the run. The Serb saves the first with a cross court forehand winner on the approach shot. But Murray does break back at the second attempt when Djokovic goes long with a forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 4-2 - BREAK! Consecutive forehand errors from Murray helps Djokovic fashion a 0-30 lead against the Murray serve. The Brit gets one point back with a backhand winner down the line but then slaps a backhand into the net to hand the Serb another two break points. He only needs the one though as he nets an off-forehand. Four straight games to Djokovic now as he takes the lead in this third set.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 3-2 - Murray takes the opening point of the game when Djokovic fails to find the court with a backhand. But a sensational backhand drop shot from the Serb, from three foot behind the baseline, an ace and a netted forehand from Murray off a drop shot and Djokovic has the hold to 15.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 2-2 - BREAK! Murray stops mid point to challenge only to be proven wrong, Djokovic's forehand caught the back of the line, before a forehand long hands the Serb a 0-30 lead against serve. Two big serves from Murray see him level but Djokovic fashions a break point after an exchange of drop shots which the Serb ends with a backhand passing shot across court. And Djokovic does break back, an incredible get on a drop shot paying dividends when Murray slices a backhand wide.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 1-2 - Djokovic opens the game with a double fault, before Murray takes the second with a winner. That's eight consecutive points Djokovic has lost. He bounces back with three straight winners to fashion a game point before going on to hold with a cross court forehand winner in follow up to his serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 0-2 - Murray races through a love service hold to consolidate the break, Djokovic sending a defensive, off-balance forehand high into the air and wide.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 0-1 - BREAK! Djokovic drops the first two points of the set with unforced errors before levelling at 30-all with a couple of much better serves. But Murray fashions himself a break point with a great forehand passing shot winner off a drop shot from Djokovic. And the Scot does secure the early break when Djokovic slices a backhand long. There's no call but everyone stopped and Murray challenges successfully.
- - Both players had 11 winners in that second set, but Murray only hit five unforced errors compared to 12 from Djokovic.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-7 - SET! Two big first serves from Murray take him to 30-love. That quickly becomes three set points when Djokovic returns a second serve long of the baseline. Only one set point is needed though as Murray fires down an ace out wide. Murray is now potentially just one set away from a Wimbledon title. The Brit leads by two sets to love.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-6 - BREAK! Djokovic is left furious when he wants to challenge a forehand from Murray. He doesn't have any challenges left though, and a hawkeye replay on TV shows that the ball caught the back of the line. It draws boos from the crowd while Murray earns himself two break points when the Serb nets a forehand. Djokovic saves the first with a huge serve and smash winner. But Murray does break at the second attempt when Djokovic nets a forehand again. Murray will serve for the set!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-5 - Murray drops the first point of the game before getting off the mark with a forehand volley winner after catching the top of the tape. A 131mph ace down the centre of the court sees him go 30-15 up before Djokovic levels at 30-all when Murray's backhand lob drifts just wide. From there the Brit goes on to hold with a couple of big serves that put Djokovic on the backfoot right from the return.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-4 - Djokovic races through a love service hold to put the pressure back on Murray, who will have to serve to stay in this set after the change of ends. Four big first serves in that game from the Serb.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 4-4 - Murray threads a forehand passing shot down the line, curling the ball in, but forehand errors allow Djokovic to level at 30-30 before the Serb sends a smash winner down the centre of the court to fashion himself a break point. Murray saves it with an ace on the very outside of the line (the Serb burning up a challenge) but hands Djokovic a second with a backhand floated long down the line. A smash saves it and Murray goes on to hold and fully level up this second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 4-3 - BREAK! A two-handed backhand return winner down the line denies Djokovic on his first game point before a cross court running forehand, swatted away at 86mph, earns Murray a third break opportunity. And this time Djokovic hands his serve away, slapping down his second double fault.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 4-2 - Djokovic makes a trip into the net only to be passed and Murray has a 0-30 lead as he looks for the break back. Djokovic wrestles one point back when Murray goes long with a forehand but a lucky net cord for the Scot on a running forehand down the line and it's two break back points for Murray. The first goes begging with a netted forehand and the second a netted bachand that the Brit took his eye off. Deuce.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 4-2 - Murray drops the first point of the game when Djokovic again gets lucky with the net cord, his forehand return going for the perfect drop shot winner after hitting the tape. Murray bounces back with a couple of great serves though before Djokovic sends a cross court backhand wide. Two game points for Murray but he only needs the one and he holds to keep the deficit down to just the one break.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 4-1 - Djokovic goes down on the baseline to help Murray to a 15-30 lead but the Brit allows him to level when he goes for a huge forehand return winner, only to hit long. A sensational low forehand volley from Djokovic goes for a drop shot winner and he holds on the next point when Murray nets a forehand return. Djokovic in control in this second set now.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 3-1 - BREAK! Djokovic puts an extra little bit on an inside-out cross court forehand before following it into the net and dinking a forehand stop volley across court. The Serb then fashions two more break points when Murray goes wide and long with a backhand down the line to end a 30-stroke rally. And sure enough the Serb does break, Murray netting a forehand to end another burgeoning rally.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 2-1 - Djokovic finds himself under further pressure at 15-30 down but produces an injection of pace on a forehand down the line that draws the error from Murray. Djokovic holds without the loss of further points when Murray slices a backhand long, the Brit burning up one of his challenges in the process.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 1-1 - Murray sneaks ahead with an ace to earn himself two game points before Djokovic forces his way back to level at deuce. The Serb has a cross court forehand called out but challenges and they have to replay the game point. But Murray takes it on the second time of asking to hold and further irritate Djokovic, who has a little chat with himself whilst waiting for the balls to get to his end.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 1-0 - Djokovic looks a little unsettled when he drops the first point of the game, but he storms back with four straight points to steady the ship and get the second set off the mark.
15:16 - Murray hit 17 winners in that first set compared to just six unforced errors. On the other hand Djokovic hit just six winners to 17 unforced errors. And even more important for Murray, when he has got his first serve in he has won 84 per cent of points behind him.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 - SET! Murray earns himself three set points with three huge first serves. And he takes it with another serve out wide that Djokovic can only return well wide across court with a backhand.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-5 - Murray races up to a backhand drop volley from Djokovic and threads a backhand passing shot winner across court before a double fault from the Serb sees him go 0-30 up. Djokovic pegs him back before a body serve, which Murray can only return wide, hands the Serb a game point. Djokovic slips on a forehand volley to squander it but holds at the second attempt with a backhand approach shot winner across court. Murray will serve for the first set after this change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-5 - Djokovic was pretty annoyed about that last point asking Lehyani why he didn't stop the point and then ending with "come on, Mohamed". Hawkeye, incidentally, shows the ball was out so Djokovic would have lost the point anyway. Djokovic denies Murray on a game point with a smash winner before earning a third break back point when the Brit goes long with a forehand. Murray saves it with a high forehand volley winner before going on to hold. Djokovic will serve to stay in this set.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-4 - Murray opens with an awkward double fault and then follows it with a second to a collective gasp from the crowd. He pegs Djokovic back with a first serve and forehand cross court winner back behind the Serb but quickly finds himself staring at two break back points when he nets a foerhand. An ace saves the first while Murray saves the second in bizarre circumstances; Lehyani calling out from the chair but letting the rally continue when the players don't hear the call. Deuce.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-4 - BREAK! Murray draws Djokovic into the net before pushing him to a forehand volley and backhand flicked smash before finding a backhand passing shot winner that wrong-foots the Serb. A forehand wide down the line from Djokovic followed by a backhand long hands Murray three more break points. A decent second serve from Djokovic is well dealt with by Murray, who breaks again when the Serb nets a backhand.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - Murray opens with an ace before a smash winner and a backhand winner down the line bring up three more game points. A forehand winner down the line after backing away from the ball seals the game for Murray, his first love service hold of the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - Djokovic races out to a 40-love lead before Murray pegs one point back with a running forehand that the Serb nets on the forehand volley after taking his eye off the ball. Murray gets another back with a forehand winner before clattering a forehand into the top of the net and watching as the ball bounces wide down the line to help Djokovic hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - BREAK! A backhand wide down the line followed by a forehand wide across court (unsuccessfully challenged by Murray) and a forehand long from the Brit gift Djokovic three break back points. The Serb squanders the first with a forehand long but Murray nets a forehand on the second and it's back on serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-2 - BREAK! Murray earns himself a sixth break point opportunity after another lengthy rally. Djokovic saves it with an ace but then nets a forehand to gift Murray a seventh chance only for the Brit to net a forehand this time. Murray races up the court to a backhand stop volley and drills a forehand passing shot winner down the line. Break point number eight. And this time Murray does break, consecutive cross court forehands followed by a wrong-footing backhand winner down the line.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Djokovic rattles a forehand winner down the line for the opening point of the game before dinking a sliced forehand drop shot attempt just wide and sending a forehand long to put Murray ahead. Djokovic levels up at 30-all but Murray goes back behind him with a backhand winner down the line to bring up another break point. Both men pepper the lines in a 25-shot rally but Murray pulls a forehand wide across court. Murray denies Djokovic on a game point with a forehand winner. Deuce.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - An ace from Murray brings up three game points on his own serve and although he can't take advantage of the first, another ace from Murray (although hawkeye subsequently shows Djokovic probably should have challenged) seals the hold to 15 to get himself off the mark.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Just a 20-something stroke rally to open the match, Murray taking the first point when Djokovic sends a forehand wide down the line. Another forehand wide down the line from the Serb gifts Murray three early break points. Djokovic saves the first with a huge serve that Murray can only return long while a netted forehand from the Brit squanders the second. The third goes begging on a running forehand pulled wide across court. Djokovic goes on to hold with five straight points.
14:13 - Here we go.
14:12 - The warm-up and all the talking is over and done with and it will be Djokovic to get the clash underway by serving first ...
14:08 - The court side temperature is, according to the head groundsman, pushing 40 degrees. Extremely hot.
14:04 - Mohamed Lehyani is today's umpire.
14:00 - Murray and Djokovic are being lead from the locker room out towards the court, bang on 2pm. Djokovic lead the way behind the Master of Ceremonies with Murray following on before Doug Dickson, carrying out the bags for his last Wimbledon after 42 years in charge of the locker room.
13:55 - Both men have had one really tough clash in these championships. Murray had to dig incredibly deep to come back from two sets to love down to beat Fernando Verdasco in five sets in the quarter-finals. Djokovic, meanwhile, needed five epic sets to beat Juan Martin Del Potro in Friday's semi-finals.
13:50 - How is Serbia preparing for this Grand Slam final? Bars and pubs in Belgrade have prepared for a rush of tennis fans ahead of Sunday's Wimbledon final between Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray, while local newspapers drummed up the excitement splashing patriotic headlines across their front pages. "We are all very impatient for the final to begin and keeping our fingers crossed for Djokovic to come out on top," a kiosk seller told Reuters. "It's much more than just a tennis match for many of us."
13:45 - Djokovic is looking for his seventh Grand Slam title in today's final (his second Wimbledon) having won the Australian Open in 2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013, Wimbledon in 2011 and the US Open in 2011. Murray, as we know, is looking for his second, having won the US Open last year.
13:40 - It's a hot, hot day at Wimbledon today with the current temperature hovering around the 29 degrees mark. Murray has just told the Master of Ceremonies in the locker room "well, it's much hotter in Miami, so I'm not too worried about the heat". Certainly, Murray has historically dealt with the heat better than Djokovic.
13:35 - John McEnroe: "When all is said and done, because they are so similar, [it's going to come down to] who can handle the situation, the nerves better. Do I think Djokovic has a better forehand? Yeah. Do I think Murray can put more on his backhand? Yeah, I probably do. This is called riding the fence."
13:30 - Their only previous meeting on grass was in last year's Olympics when Murray won 7-5 7-5 in straight sets. The Brit came out playing very aggressive tennis. But that was a best-of-three-sets tennis match though, this one is, obviously, going to be a best-of-five-sets match. Is that going to make a difference to Murray's tactics?
13:25 - As we already mentioned this is the fourth time in their last five meetings that these two clash in a final. No doubt we can all remember that epic US Open final back in September, Murray eventually triumphing 7-6(10), 7-5, 2-6, 3-6, 6-2 in four hours and 54 minutes before Djokovic got revenge just a few weeks later in the Shanghai Masters final. 5-7, 7-6(11), 6-3 was the score on that occasion. Djokovic then also won at the World Tour Finals and also the Australian Open final.
13:20 - How will Djokovic cope in today's match given he has been forced to change his shoes? The courts will obviously be a lot less slippery than they were at the beginning of the tournament but Djokovic is one player whose slides around all over the place.
13:15 - "I might wake up on Sunday and be unbelievably nervous, more nervous than I ever have been before," Murray said after reaching his seventh Grand Slam final. He is on a 17-match winning streak on grass, taking in last year's Olympic gold rush and his victory at Queen's Club but Djokovic presents the most formidable of obstacles.
13:10 - World number one Djokovic leads their series 11-7 but they have never met at the Wimbledon championships. Despite the Serb already having one title here in 2011, Murray beat him on Centre Court in the Olympic semi-finals last year, going on to claim gold against Federer.
13:05 - For the fourth time in the last five, the two men born within a week of each other and whose careers have followed the same trajectory will go toe-to-toe for major silverware. Murray lost to Djokovic in this year's Australian Open final but now he has the Serb in his sights on his home turf as, for the second year in succession, he stands within one victory of ending Britain's 77-year wait for a Wimbledon's men's champion.
13:00 - Good afternoon! It is time... Britain's Andy Murray attempts to win a historic Wimbledon title and end a 77-year wait against Novak Djokovic in the final.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|