|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||6||6||7||-||-|
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 6-7(5) - GAME, SET & MATCH! Sensational stuff from DelPo as he chases a forehand across court and guides it down the line for a winner before collapsing to the grass in sheer exhaustion slash relief at coming through this match. It's a first ever Wimbledon semi-final for DelPo who will face either Djokovic or Berdych.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 6-6 (5-6) - DelPo absolutely smashes a cross court forehand winner to bring up a first match point ...
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 6-6 (2-4) - TIE-BREAK! Ferrer races up to the net to fire down a smash winner and remain just the one mini-break down at the change of ends.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 6-6 - Del Potro holds emphatically to love with a forehand winner and a backhand error from Ferrer. This third set, and possibly the match, will be decided by a tie-break.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 6-5 - A forehand winner takes the pressure off Ferrer at 30-30 and he goes on from there to seal the game with an ace down the centre of the court. DelPo will have to serve to stay in this set for a second time.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 5-5 - DelPo earns himself a game point with a forehand winner before a forehand long allows Ferrer to level at deuce. But the Argentine earns himself a second game point and this time he does hold with an ace out wide.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 5-4 - Del Potro will have to serve to stay in this third set as Ferrer holds to 30 when the Argentine fails to find the court with a backhand.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 4-4 - Another very quick service hold from DelPo as he fires down four big serves that Ferrer really can't get anything on.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 4-3 - Ferrer holds again to 15 eventually wearing down the DelPo defence and drawing the forehand into the net from the Argentine.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 3-3 - Ferrer does very well in the point to stick with the big-hitting DelPo only to completely mis-hit his easiest shot of the rally and send the ball well long down the centre of the court. That hands DelPo the hold to 30.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 3-2 - Ferrer holds once again without too much trouble to sneak out in front. The Spaniard produces a backhand winner to seal it.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 2-2 - Del Potro fails to take advantage of his first game point with a forehand error but a big serve on the second which Ferrer cannot return in play and the Argentine has levelled up.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 2-1 - Ferrer finds himself 15-30 down after failing to find the court with a backhand volley. But a smash winner sees him level at 30-all before he goes on to hold without too much trouble.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 1-1 - An ace, a forehand winner, a backhand winner and another forehand winner and Del Potro has his opening hold of the third set. Ferrer barely had a chance to get a look at the ball in that game.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 1-0 - Ferrer fires down an ace to bring up a two game points. But he only needs the one as he holds when Del Potro produces a forehand error. A good start to this third set from the Spaniard.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-6 - SET! Fantastic stuff from Del Potro, who does look to be in slightly less pain as this match goes on. The Argentine fires a forehand winner down the line to bring up two set points. But he only needs the one to take a two sets to love lead when Ferrer nets a backhand return.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-5 - BREAK! Ferrer sends a routine forehand long to hand DelPo a break point. And the Argentine takes full advantage, securing the break with a length forehand that Ferrer can only net in reply. DelPo will serve for the second set after the change of ends.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-4 - A second consecutive service hold is sealed by DelPo when he wallops a forehand winner down the line. He hit that ball so hard that you could see the chalk (or titanium pigment if we're being technically correct) puff off the ball in real time.
- - FERRER 2-6 4-3 - Ferrer works his way up to the net to fire a smash winner into the open court for another hold to 15 after he had brought up game points with a forehand winner. The Spaniard is looking a little less rattled now.
- - FERRER 2-6 3-3 - Del Potro posts another love service hold to level up once again when Ferrer sends a forehand well wide across court.
- - FERRER 2-6 3-2 - Del Potro finds himself 0-30 up but allows Ferrer to level with a poor forehand error. The Spaniard then earns himself a game point with a forehand winner down the line before holding with a kicker serve out wide that Del Potro can only return wide across court.
- - FERRER 2-6 2-2 - DelPo opens with an ace before racing through a love service hold which he seals with a backhand winner to level up.
- - FERRER 2-6 2-1 - Another quick service hold, as Ferrer this time holds for the loss of just the one point, flinging down an ace (just his third of the match) to secure the game.
- - FERRER 2-6 1-1 - Del Potro holds to 15 to get his side of the scoreboard ticking over, Ferrer sending a fairly regulation forehand long of the baseline to help the Argentine seal the game.
- - FERRER 2-6 1-0 - There's a spot of comedy at the start of the set when a ball kids points out to Ferrer that he's put his fresh shirt on backwards. The Spaniard goes back to the net to change it before going on to hold without too much trouble when Del Potro sends a backhand wide across court.
- - FERRER 2-6 - SET! Ferrer's forehand return catches the top of the tape and rolls just over the net to bring up a break back point. DelPo saves it with a huge serve and then also a second with a huge cross court forehand winner before earning himself a set point with a huge inside-out forehand winner across court. And sure enough the Argentine does take the first set with an ace down the centre of the court!
- - FERRER 2-4 - A forehand winner whipped down the line from Del Potro combined with consecutive backhand errors from Ferrer sees the Argentine seals another hold to maintain his break advantage.
- - FERRER 2-3 - Del Potro shoots a concerned look up to his camp after chasing across the baseline for a forehand which he sends wide. He then pulls up short on sliced backhand drop shot attempt. He then can't make any attempt to chase down a cross court backhand from Ferrer, which instead goes for a winner to seal the hold for the Spaniard.
- - FERRER 1-3 - Fantastic serving from Del Potro, who has had to abandon the leap up to the ball as he can't get the push off from his left leg that he requires. But the Argentine hits a huge ball and is still able to get enough power on the ball despite Ferrer attempting the drop shot with huge success.
- - FERRER 1-2 - BREAK! Stunning effort from Del Potro as he takes the first break of the day with a stunning cross court forehand winner which even a terrier like Ferrer cannot chase down.
- - FERRER 1-1 - Del Potro gets a little bit lucky when his forehand catches the top of the tape and rolls over the net. He deserves a bit of luck after that fall. That brings up a game point and the Argentine goes on to hold with another forehand winner.
- - FERRER 1-0 - It looks as though Del Potro is going to continue, for now at least, but his movement is clearly heavilu hampered. They resume a break point to Del Potro but the Spaniard saves it with a forehand winner down the line and right into the corner before going on to hold by exploiting the Argentine's lack of movement.
- - Del Potro has taken an incredibly heavy fall in the very first game of the clash. He came into the match with a bit of a knee injury, a left knee injury, and appears to have aggravated that with the fall. It's not looking good for the Argentine as he has immediately called for the trainer and it doesn't look like he's going to be able to continue. He's currently having an assessment from the trainer and doctor.
- - Over on Centre Court, as we mentioned, we have David Ferrer taking on Juan Martin Del Potro. These two have met each other eight times before with Ferrer leading the head-to-heads by two.
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|