|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 6-7 7-6 6-1 6-1 - GAME, SET, MATCH! - And as expected, Ferrer wraps it up in four sets after avoiding being a set and a break down by the skin of his teeth. Dodig could not take those chances to pull away and soon wilted as Ferrer turned it up.
- - FERRER 6-7 7-6 6-1 5-1 - BREAK! - Ferrer to serve for the set, now a double-break up once again. It has been a match of two Ferrers almost - the supreme version of the Spaniard in the last two sets a stark contrast from the first two.
- - FERRER 6-7 7-6 6-1 3-0 - BREAK! - Hard to look past Ferrer now as he gets a second straight break at the start of a set to close in on a 3-1 victory.
- - FERRER 6-7 7-6 6-1 - SET! Excellent stuff from the fourth seed after a very shaky second set almost put him two down. He now leads 2-1 in sets!
- - FERRER 6-7 7-6 4-1 - BREAK! - Ferrer is really starting to settle into things and he doubles up on the break. Looks like Dodig's chance may have come and gone early in the second at a set up...
- - FERRER 6-7 7-6 2-0 - BREAK! - Ferrer breaks Dodig immediately before holding to love in a great start to the third set.
- - FERRER 6-7 7-6(8-6) - SET! Ferrer takes his second set point in a back-and-forth tie-breaker to level things up. After coming close to dropping a break in serve more than once early in set two, that is a big victory within the match itself for the Spaniard.
- - FERRER 6-7 6-6 - Ferrer with some classy returns to edge towards a possible set-winning break, but he soon wilts under Dodig's serve and we will be tie-breaking again...
- - FERRER 6-7 5-5 - Ferrer is looking more composed now after some half-scares earlier in set two, but a possible second tie-break looms against Dodig who upped his game so well to take the first set in that very manner.
- - FERRER 6-7 4-3 - Another bullet dodged by Ferrer to stave off a double break point and hold from deuce.
- - FERER 6-7 2-1 - Ooosh, almost a sign of pressure for sure. Ferrer tame in the first two points but he gets to deuce on his serve from 30-0 down. A successful challenge scuppers a break before Ferrer finally holds in an epic game.
- - FERRER 6-7 1-1 - Set two on Court 2 begins straightforward enough with each man holding well. Will we see a little bit of pressure affect Ferrer's game from here though?
- - FERRER 6-7(3) - SET! - Interesting - Fourth seed Ferrer has dropped the opening set to Ivan Dodig! Quite the performance in the tie-break from the Croat, too, to win it by four points. Game very much on.
- - FERRER 6-6 - Ferrer again deals handily with the pressure of serving to stay in the first set, and this hold sends us into a tie-break.
- - FERRER 5-5 - Dodig gives himself a chance to perhaps snatch the first set against the fourth seed on the break, but Ferrer does not even allow him a sniff of it. Classy hold to love to keep it tight after 10 games.
- - FERRER 3-3 - It remains tight on Court 2 as Ferrer and Dodig stay all square after six.
- - FERRER 2-2 - It's a very tough game for Ferrer as he has to battle through an extended deuce, and the Spaniard eventually holds to level at 2-2 after Dodig is repelled despite three big winners in the game! It's very tight between the two players with contrasting styles so far.
- - FERRER 1-2 - Dodig hammers a huge ace down the T before driving a forehand cross court for a fine winner. Ferrer responds with a string of fine points on return to post a break point, but Dodig does superbly to recover and hold!
- - FERRER 1-1 - The fourth seed gets going with a confident service hold, and the Spaniard backs up his serve with some typically energetic play from the back of the court.
- - FERRER 0-1 - Dodig fires two enormous serves down the T to win the opening game of the match, and the Croat settles very quickly and impressively with a good crowd inside court 2 already.
- - Fourth seed in the men's draw, David Ferrer, takes on Ivan Dodig of Croatia, and that should be a tough encounter for the tireless Spaniard. That one's on Court 2 - the graveyard of the top seeds.
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||02/01/1985|