|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 7-6 6-4 4-6 6-4 - GAME, SET, MATCH! - After over three gruelling hours, Jerzy Janowicz takes the fifth set against Jurgen Melzer!
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 7-6 6-4 4-6 - SET! Melzer ensures another men's singles game today goes to a fifth set, and in fairness Jurgen definitely deserves a decider. It's been more of a war of artition compared to the swift nature of Kubot-Mannarino, but it's going all the way as well.
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 7-6 6-4 - SET! Janowicz has turned the game around against Melzer after a nightmarish start. He leads by two sets to one.
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 6-6(1) - SET! - Janowicz squares up the contest with a one-sided tie-break performance after a dogged second set.
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 6-6 - And into the tie-break we go for set two...
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 5-5 - The serve is no less strong or confident between Janowicz and Melzer, meanwhile, with the two continuing to go back and forth and a tie-break in the second set looking likely.
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 4-3 - Already five minutes longer than the first set, Janowicz and Melzer continue to hold up well after seven.
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 3-2 - Melzer holds again before Janowicz produces a far more convincing service game than in the previous showing, swatting home a hold to love.
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 2-1 - Whew. A monster nine-minute game sees Janowicz rescue a triple break point scenario, followed by another couple from deuce, before finally holding serve.
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 1-1 - Janowicz begins the second set strongly enough, but Melzer replies with some great pressure at the net to also hold his own serve.
- - JANOWICZ 3-6 - SET! Janowicz gets just one Melzer serve back to him, and that is promptly secured on the follow-up by Jurgen's crisp forehand with just enough curl on it to pull away from Jerzy. Hold to love seals the set for the Austrian in 24 minutes.
- - JANOWICZ 3-5 - Rather easy for Jerzy as an uncompromising serve quickly earns a hold to 15, but now Melzer will take the ball and try to wrap up set one.
- - JANOWICZ 1-4 - Janowicz is really struggling early on, and he slips badly on return as his frustration is compounded, but he gets to his feet gingerly and looks to be just about okay. He will continue, and there does not seem to be any problem.
- - JANOWICZ 0-3 - BREAK! Melzer is off to an absolute flyer out on Court 12, and the big-serving, much-fancied Janowicz is punished for some rather sloppy tennis early on in their match.
- - Jerzy Janowicz, the 24th seed from Poland, faces Jurgen Melzer on Court 12 and he is expected to go a long way in this tournament after already having enjoyed a good run through the first week.
|Date of Birth||13/11/1990|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1981|