|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-4 7-6 6-1 - GAME, SET, MATCH! - Four down, three to go for Andy Murray! Hold to 30 seals a straight sets win which did not look too simple in the second set. But a good return to top form saw the Scot reach the last eight.
- - MURRAY 6-4 7-6 5-1 - BREAK! - Looks like the end is near. Murray earns a double break point and despite Youzhny putting a THIRD straight smash past him, he puts him to net.
- - MURRAY 6-4 7-6 4-1 - The two head back to the long rallies but they are dominated by server Murray. Only a brilliant attempted reflex volley which just ends up wide prevents love-service in this hold to 15.
- - MURRAY 6-4 7-6 3-0 - A hold to 15 further solidifies Murray's advantage in the third as he looks to finish this in three.
- - MURRAY 6-4 7-6 2-0 - BREAK! - Murray realises how close he was to losing all momentum in set two and is back to full focus. Merciless break to love on Youzhny, who hasn't quite been the same since almost doing the splits during the tie-break trying to make Murray's drop-shot winner.
- - MURRAY 6-4 7-6 1-0 - An average of an hour a set so far and the third begins with a long deuce game, too. Murray eventually holds serve.
- - MURRAY 6-4 7-6(5) - SET! - My word, Muzza had to earn that one. An audacious drop shot shifts the momentum and begins the three-point streak which puts Murray two sets up. Youzhny will feel as if he should have had that, especially when a break up.
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-6 - Murray is moving a little gingerly, looks like he's picked up a minor strain or a knock somewhere, but holds for a tie-break. Each man gets an additional challenge.
- - MURRAY 6-4 5-6 - Some masterful placement from Murray whenever Youzhny tries to turn up the heat at the net gets him a break point, but an unsuccessful challenge leaves him at deuce and with none remaining. Andy then goes to net and out and Youzhny holds.
- - MURRAY 6-4 5-5 - Murray hit seven aces in set one. He's just nailed his first of the second set for 40-15 after winning a rally in deft fashion. He's back on form and we are level at 5-5.
- - MURRAY 6-4 4-5 - BREAK! Murray gets the break back! Some terrific play from Youzhny rescued a double break point, but having failed with a frivolous challenge attempt he found himself on a third from deuce, which Murray converted with a vicious two-handed backhand.
- - MURRAY 6-4 3-5 - Murray stops the rot with a far calmer hold, but Youzhny will now serve for the second set.
- - MURRAY 6-4 2-5 - Murray improves a little with a pair of strong returns but succumbs to an increase in intensity from Youzhny to take four on the bounce and finish with a huge serve for a fourth straight game. One more makes it 1-1 in sets.
- - MURRAY 6-4 2-4 - BREAK! - Oh dear, terrible stuff from Murray as he inexplicably makes a challenge for an out mid-rally which looked far too close to call. Indeed, it was marginally in. He then nets unforced soon after to gift Youzhny another break. Mikhail has been in good form in this set, but that was a complete loss of Murray focus.
- - MURRAY 6-4 2-3 - From 30-30, Youzhny is again able to fire himself up that little extra and holds with the two extra points. This is a golden period for the Russian in the match and he needs to take advantage to really put the pressure on Andy.
- - MURRAY 6-4 2-2 - BREAK! - Youzhny with his first break of the match. Great returns to stick out ahead of Murray, though the Scot's unforced error to wrap up the break-back leaves him smacking his racquet against his foot in frustration.
- - MURRAY 6-4 2-1 - BREAK! Brilliant pair of winners from Murray at 30-30 to snatch another break early on in set two! It's been a good blend of styles between the two so far but Andy's extra level of quality is showing at the right moments.
- - MURRAY 6-4 1-1 - To deuce once more on Murray's first service of the set, but though Youzhny successfully snuffs out an advantage for Andy via challenge, Murray immediately takes the next two points for the hold.
- - MURRAY 6-4 0-1 - Almost a collapse of serve at the start of set two by Mikhail, having been pulled to deuce from 40-0. He hangs on from first advantage, though.
- - MURRAY 6-4 - SET! - Cracking game to close out set one full of good rallies and great winners. Youzhny's backhand for his own point was actually the best of the bunch, but when he is forced out at 40-15 Murray takes the first set.
- - MURRAY 5-4 - Murray claws back two points from 40-0, but it's merely a blip in what was an accomplished service game from the Russian. He needs a break coming up, though, as Murray serves for set one.
- - MURRAY 5-3 - Youzhny's attempt to use a stiff backhand to quell those fierce Murray serves does not work. Hold to 15 leaves the Scot one away from taking the opening set.
- - MURRAY 4-3 - Fantastic Murray winner sets up a break point, but Youzhny's recovery is only topped by the sheer placement of his hold-clincher from deuce.
- - MURRAY 4-2 - Youzhny is keeping Murray company quite well on rallies, much to the entertainment of the crowd, but his success hinges too much on whether Andy messes up or not. Despite the Brit shanking a cross-courter to net, he holds rather well.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - A good way to stop the rot by Youzhny. He holds to 15 again but though he has used his strange hybrid of one-hand and two-hand play well for two service games, he remains that break behind.
- - MURRAY 3-1 - Youzhny puts Murray to work in the first couple of points, but can only take the first one. Murray gets progressively more assertive with each point and finishes the hold to 15 with an ace to solidify his break advantage.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - BREAK! - In typical Murray fashion, a long service game only serves to warm him up to smash through his opponent and he looks good in a 15-break. Youzhny foolishly uses up a challenge on the decisive point - it was miles out.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Three aces from Murray but he's made to work hard for that hold after four deuces with Youzhny.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Youzhny starts with swagger and holds well to 15. Muzza could have been a little sharper on one or two of those.
- - Youzhny to serve first. And here we go!
- - The players now warming up on court. This should be a good test for Murray as both men are among the best on grass, going by their win-loss ratios, and Youzhny can easily punish any complacency.
- - Our spotlight goes from Ferrer, Robson and Serena to Andy Murray, who takes on Mikhail Youzhny for a spot in the men's last eight.
|Date of Birth||25/06/1982|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|