|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - But who will Raonic play in tomorrow's final? Will it be world number one and two-times defending champion Novak Djokovic or fourth seed and twice former champion Rafael Nadal? That match will get underway from 1am (UK time) so join us again then to find out.
- - Raonic is through to his first Masters final and has secured a place in the top 10 on Monday when the new rankings are released but it was a close match as Pospisil continued his scintilating run of form. He has ensured he will move up from 71 in the world to the top 40 on Monday and has also secured a place in next week's Cincinnati Masters as well.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 7-6(4) - GAME, SET & MATCH! A sensational point to end the match as Pospisil batters a forehand down the line and then a smash across court, only for Raonic to anticipate correctly and send a dipping forehand back over the net which Pospisil can only volley back into the net.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 6-6 (6-4) - TIE-BREAK! A netted forehand from Pospisil and another huge inside-out forehand winner across court from Raonic after the change of ends and the 22-year-old is a mini-break up once again. He nets a forehand on the next point though to allow Pospisil to get things back on serve but Pospisil's forehand lets him down, the ball sailing long, to gift Milos Raonic two match points.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 6-6 (3-3) - TIE-BREAK! A massive injection of pace on a cross court forehand from Raonic does enough to take the ball away from Pospisil, who can only return along the ground into the net. It helps Raonic to sneak out to a 2-0 lead before extending that with a forehand passing shot winner down the line. But Pospisil bounces back after a double fault from Raonic and a brutal forehand that Raonic nets. And it's level at the change of ends after a Raonic forehand error.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 6-6 - Pospisil is a little slow to get up to a short return from Raonic and makes the error on the forehand wing to gift his opponent a 15-30 lead. He recovers to 30-all with a great first serve that Raonic nets before going on to hold when the world number 13 nets another backhand, this time at full stretch. It will be a tie-break to decide this match.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 6-5 - An amazing inside-out forehand from Raonic, at 30-30, hit flat across court and right into the corner helps him on his way to a hold sealed with an ace. Raonic has done his bit to ensure that for him this match, at worst, will end in a tie-break.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 5-5 - A huge ace out wide from Pospisil gets him out of a spot of bother at 15-30 and he goes on to hold without the loss of any more points with a trip in towards the net and a cross court forehand winner from the service line.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 5-4 - A huge forehand from Pospisil sees him level up at 30-all and put yet more pressure on Raonic. But the 11th seed is equal to the task and holds with an inside-out forehand winner across court, followed by an unreturnable serve. Pospisil will have to serve to stay in the match after the change of ends.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 4-4 - A second serve ace, right down the centre of the court, seals another love service hold for Pospisil, who is not showing any signs of nerves at all as this match reaches crunch point. In fact he has only lost six points on serve since the start of the second set.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 4-3 - Pospisil opens the game with great touch on a backhand lob winner after spotting Raonic committed at the net. A double fault from Raonic allows Pospisil to level at deuce but the world number 13 recovers quickly to hold after two unreturnable serves.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 3-3 - A very quick love service hold from Pospisil, who has been the more consistent of the two during this match. The pressure is back on Raonic to hold again after a neat drop shot from Pospisil seals the game.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 3-2 - A 148mph ace from Raonic helps him on his way to another comfortable hold, this time to 15, Pospisil's only point in the game coming after a clever chip deep towards the baseline that Raonic can only return into the net off the forehand wing after running around the ball.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 2-2 - Pospisil makes light work of a little extra pressure as he produces a great second serve, which Raonic pulls wide with his backhand return, while trailing 15-30. An ace, called out but over-turned when Pospisil challenges, and then a forehand wide down the line from Raonic see Pospisil hold.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 2-1 - Pospisil slices an inside-out backhand just marginally wide across court to help Raonic on his way to a love service hold of his own to sneak ahead again in this final set.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 1-1 - A very solid love service hold from Pospisil to show no signs of losing concentration during that lengthy delay between sets. That game was vital to the world number 71 maintaining his momentum.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 1-0 - Raonic returns to race through his opening service game in this final set, firing down a huge first serve that Pospisil can only return into the net, to seal the game to 15.
- - Raonic has taken a very lengthy comfort break in between the second and third sets, leaving Pospisil standing at the back of the court waiting for play to resume. In the end it is almost seven minutes before Raonic returns.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-6 - SET! Fantastic celebration from Pospisil as he takes the second set with a sensational forehand cross court passing shot despite slipping as he did it. One hour and 17 minutes on the clock and Pospisil has forced this clash to a decider.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-5 - BREAK! Raonic completely mis-hits a forehand, framing his forehand well wide across court to gift Pospisil another break point. And it's another error from Raonic that sees him concede his serve, the world number 13 sending a forehand long to leave Pospisil serving for this second set next.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-4 - Pospisil takes one huge stride out to the backhand wing and thumps a low-percentage but very impressive backhand winner straight down the line on his way to another hold, this one to 30, which he seals with another unreturnable serve.
- - RAONIC 6-4 1-3 - Much better from Raonic on serve as he races through a comfortable hold to belatedly get his side of the scoreboard ticking over in this second set. That adds a little more pressure to the Pospisil service game coming up next.
- - RAONIC 6-4 0-3 - A backhand right onto the baseline from Pospisil, following up a decent serve, is good enough for the world number 71 to seal a comfortable service hold and consolidate the early break. Are we to see another epic comeback from the young upstart? He did it against the big-serving John Isner in the first round.
- - RAONIC 6-4 0-2 - BREAK! Raonic races up to the net for another spot of serve and volley after finding himself 15-30 down but a dipping backhand from Pospisil is volleyed into the net by Raonic to earn the lower ranked player an early break point in this second set. Raonic saves it with a big serve that Pospisil can only return long but then nets a forehand to gift his opponent another go. It goes begging again but he finally does break at the third attempt when Raonic hits a forehand wide.
- - RAONIC 6-4 0-1 - Pospisil does well to put the disappointment of the opening set behind him with a quick and easy service hold to get the second underway. The positive news for Pospisil from that first set was that he didn't do too much wrong, he just wasn't able to take advantage of his chances while Raonic was.
- - RAONIC 6-4 - SET! Not the most convincing of rallies from Raonic to open the game but he gets away with it and takes the point when Pospisil nets a forehand and a couple of unreturnable serves from the 22-year-old brings up three set points. The first is wasted in comical fashion as Raonic decides to leave Pospisil's blocked backhand return only to watch the ball bounce in just centimetres away from him. But he seals the set at the second attempt with an ace out wide.
- - RAONIC 5-4 - Ace number seven from Pospisil brings up two game points but he only needs the one firing down ace number eight to at least ask Raonic to serve out this opening set after the change of ends.
- - RAONIC 5-3 - Pospisil attempts to lob Raonic, who is ghosting into the net behind a big first serve. But the oncoming Raonic opts to leave the ball, which sails long, and he goes on to hold with a forehand volley winner. Pospisil will have to serve to stay in this first set next.
- - RAONIC 4-3 - Ace number six for Pospisil brings up three game points as he goes on to hold to love with another booming forehand winner and stop the run of games against him.
- - RAONIC 4-2 - Raonic cruises out to a 40-0 lead before Pospisil steps up to the baseline and batters a forehand down the line for a winner to get off the mark. But the world number 13 quickly slams the door shut with an inside-out forehand winner across court to hold and consolidate the break.
- - RAONIC 3-2 - BREAK! Pospisil saves another break point with a stunning cross court forehand but Raonic earns himself a second chance in the game. Pospisil comes up with a cracking serve but it's an even better return from the 11th seed, right onto the line and into the body of Pospisil, who can only send the ball back into the net. And Raonic has the break.
- - RAONIC 2-2 - Eventually, after squandering multiple game points, Raonic holds when Pospisil sends a fairly regulation forehand long of the baseline. That was a epic 10 minute game for Raonic but he has leveled and kept Pospisil at bay.
- - RAONIC 1-2 40-40 - Raonic's turn to find himself in a spot of both as he sends a cross court forehand wide to allow Pospisil a 15-30 lead. The world number 71 goes long with a backhand return off a second serve to temporarily let Raonic off the hook but earns himself a game point with a cross court forehand winner from up at the net. Raonic saves it with am comfortable smash winner and then also a second with an ace. Pospisil wastes a third with netted backhand into the net.
- - RAONIC 1-2 - Pospisil sends a forehand just long down the line to open the game, a shot that has been working well for him all week, before Raonic goes on to earn himself the first break point of the match, pushing his opponent wide with a cross court forehand and following it up with an inside-out forehand volley into the open court. Pospisil saves it with a trip of his own into the net before eventually going on to hold (after two doubles on his first two game points) with an ace.
- - RAONIC 1-1 - Raonic, who will be the first Canadian to break the top 10 in the history of the rankings if he makes the final, also posts a very comfortable opening service hold to 15. Raonic seals his service game with an unreturnable first serve. Neither of these men are showing too many signs of nerves in the early stages of this clash.
- - RAONIC 0-1 - Pospisil opens with an ace before netting a backhand on the second. But another ace gets him in front again before he also holds (for the loss of just that one point) with a third ace. An emphatic start from the older of the two Canadians.
20:13 - The players are just about ready to go now and it will be Pospisil to get the clash underway by serving. A place in the Montreal Masters final at steak...
20:10 - Raonic, who will move into the top 10 in the world if he wins this clash, has also been on good form. He's come past Jeremy Chardy, Mikhail Youzhny, Juan Martin Del Potro and Ernests Gulbis to reach this last four clash. There was a little controversy in the Del Potro match when Raonic touched the net, didn't own up to it, the umpire didn't spot it and the Canadian was given the point. DelPo was understandably upset and there has been some backlash on Raonic since.
20:10 - Pospisil has enjoyed a scintilating run of form through the draw putting out John Isner in the first round, Radek Stepanek in the second and, for the biggest win of his career, Tomas Berdych in the third. Then he was gifted a little help with the understandably encroaching fatigue when Nikolay Davydenko was forced to retire sick during their quarter-final clash.
20:05 - Both of these players were born in 1990 although Pospisil has already turned 23. Raonic's birthday is not until December. They grew up playing each other regularly in the juniors but haven't played each other since they graduated to the main tour.
20:00 - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage of the first semi-final from the Rogers Cup in Montreal. This one is an all-Canadian affair between 11th seed Milos Raonic and wildcard Vasek Pospisil.
|Date of Birth||23/06/1990|
|Date of Birth||27/12/1990|