|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - STEPHENS 6-1 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Stephens rattles an inside out forehand across court for a winner to bring up two match points. But she only needs the one, moving Radwanska around the baseline once again and eventually drawing the lob long to seal victory. Next up for Stephens will be an intriguing clash against compatriot Jamie Hampton, two of the great hopes for the future of American tennis. Women's drawsheet.
- - STEPHENS 6-1 5-1 - BREAK! An absolute massive forehand winner from Stephens, compleyely out of nowhere, brings up another two break points. The first goes begging when Radwanska gets up the court and thumps a frustrated forehand passing shot winner across court while Stephens sends a forehand long down the centre of the court to waste the second. The American earns herself a third chance and this time she does break when Radwanska pulls an off-forehand wide across court.
- - STEPHENS 6-1 4-1 - Radwanska is clearly focusing on getting the length right and it seems to be working for her as she pushes Stephens to 40-30 before getting involved in a lengthy rally. But the American is equal to the task, getting everything Radwanska throws at her back in play and waiting for the error - which eventually comes as a netted forehand from the Pole. Stephens now is potentially just two games away from the third round.
- - STEPHENS 6-1 3-1 - Radwanska gets up to a backhand just a bit quick to put pressure on Stephens, who nets her attempted backhand passing shot. It brings up a game point for the Pole and although Stephens denies her on the first she also gets a second when the American nets a forehand. This time Radwanska shows got fight and eventually holds after a lengthy rally when Stephens again nets a forehand.
- - STEPHENS 6-1 3-0 - Radwanska is not playing badly, she just hasn't been allowed to get anywhere near getting into this match as Stephens holds to love to consolidate the break by working her way up to the net and burying an emphatically struck forehand winner.
- - STEPHENS 6-1 2-0 - BREAK! Stephens just looks like she has so much time on the ball as she earns herself another two break points with a forehand smash winner across court after pushing Radwanska to the defensive lob. The Americna only needs the one break point though as Radwanska completely mis-hits her backhand after opting to mix things up with a spot of serve and volley.
- - STEPHENS 6-1 1-0 - A decent drop shot from Radwanska is given the treatment by Stephens to seal a comfortable hold for the loss of just the one point to open the second set. After her first round nerves the other day, Stephens looks firmly in control tonight.
- - STEPHENS 6-1 - SET! Stephens seals the set by racing up to the net off a shorter ball, from Radwanska, and firing an inside out forehand winner across court to secure another break and snatch the set.
- - STEPHENS 5-1 - Radwanska is pretty frustrated with the umpire after a challenged and overturned decision on a Stephens forehand is called an outright winner rather than resulting in them replaying the point. And the American uses that frustration and confusion to hold and leave Radwanska sevring to keep this first set alive next.
- - STEPHENS 4-1 BREAK! Stephens is firmly in control now as she breaks for a second time to really take control of this clash. Radwanska saves a first break point with a huge first serve and inside out forehand winner across court. But the Pole can do nothing about the second and Stephens has the double break.
- - STEPHENS 3-1 - Much better this time around on serve for Stephens as she holds to love with a big sevre followed by a big forehand down the centre of the corut that Radwanska can only net in reply.
- - STEPHENS 2-1 - Very well played by Radwanska who earns herself two game points with a looping forehand onto the baseline that Stephens simply can't deal with. She only needs the one chance to get on the scoreboard though and holds on the first of her game points, racing up the court to a shorter ball from Stephens and firing an inside out forehand winner across court.
- - STEPHENS 2-0 - A nervy game on serve from Stephens as she quickly finds herself 0-30 down. But the American recovers and goes on to hold without the loss of another point, holding to consolidate the break with a big serve towards the body of Radwanska, which the Pole can only return into the net.
- - STEPHENS 1-0 - BREAK! A great start from Stephens as she breaks to love with a huge injection of pace on a forehand down the centre of the court after she had pushed Radwanska just wide enough to get the Pole out of position.
- - The players are just about ready to get underway with Stephens opting to receive first after winning the spin of the coin. Not a bad strategy after being kept waiting so long. It's nearly midnight New York time already.
- - Coming up next the last match of the day between Urszula Radwanska and American 15th seed Sloane Stephens.
|Date of Birth||07/12/1990|
|Date of Birth||20/03/1993|