|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - ROBSON 6-4 7-6(5) - GAME, SET & MATCH! Robson gets the job done at the fourth attempt with a big serve down the centre of the court that Garcia can only return long off the forehand wing. Robson is through to the third round where she faces fifth seed Li Na in an exact repeat of last year's third round, when Robson triumphed. Women's drawsheet.
- - ROBSON 6-4 6-6 (6-5) - TIE-BREAK! A second double from Robson squanders the first whle Garcia saves the second with a great backand drive volley and short-angled forehand volley winner across court. Another fantastically timed forehand winner from Garcia, down the centre of the court, saves the third but Robson has one match point left - this time on her own serve.
- - ROBSON 6-4 6-6 (6-2) - TIE-BREAK! A third double of the match from Garcia further helps Robson as she moves to within two points of the win. Two points quickly becomes one as Robson earns herself four match points with a great serve out wide that Garcia can only return wide down the line.
- - ROBSON 6-4 6-6 (4-2) - TIE-BREAK! Robson goes after Garcia's backhand and pushes the Frenchwoman all around the court eventually drawing the rushed, stretched forehand into the net from her opponent. An eighth ace from the Brit then sees her take a 3-2 lead before she grabs the mini-break lead at the change of ends when Garcia puts her inside-out forehand wide across court off the shorter ball.
- - ROBSON 6-4 6-6 - BREAK! Robson just over-hits a forehand to help Garcia fashion two set points to level the match. The Frenchwoman squanders the first with a double fault while Robson saves the second with a huge forehand winner onto the line. Another great rally from the back of the court from Robson ends in a Garcia backhand error and earns the Brit a break back point. And that's all she needs to force the tie-break, stepping up to backhand return and rattling it down the line for a winner.
- - ROBSON 6-4 5-6 - BREAK! A couple of slack shots from Robson followed by a huge backhand return of serve across court from Garcia bring up three break points for the Frenchwoman, her first break points of the match. Robson saves the first when Garcia's shot defensive return sits right up in the Brit's hitting zone. But a double fault from Robson gifts Garcia the break and the chance to serve out the second set.
- - ROBSON 6-4 5-5 - A length rally ends when Robson pushes Garcia deep behind the baseline and draws the error from the Frenchwoman, a forehand into the net, to level at 30-all. But, unlike at the end of the first set, Garcia withstands the pressure and produces two big serves to hold.
- - ROBSON 6-4 5-4 - Robson leaves herself potentially just one game away from the third round of the US Open as she holds with a big forehand winner across court after stepping up inside the baseline. Garcia will have to serve to stay in the match after the change of ends.
- - ROBSON 6-4 4-4 - Garcia again comes under pressure on her serve with Robson first levelling at 15-all and then also 30-all but the Brit then puts a routine forehand long to hand Garcia a game point, the Frenchwoman taking full advantage finding a big first serve when she really needs it.
- - ROBSON 6-4 4-3 - Robson finds herself in a potential spot of bother at 0-30 down before a couple of great first serves help her recover to level at 30-all. The Brit then punishes Garcia for a lofted defensive return before producing an ace to seal the game and sneak ahead once more.
- - ROBSON 6-4 3-3 - A netted backhand from Robson helps Garcia to another service hold to level up once more in this second set. Even though the Frenchwoman looks to be a little on the backfoot she is still right in this match.
- - ROBSON 6-4 3-2 - Robson produces another solid service hold for the loss of just the one point, the first point to be precise when Garcia scoots into the net after pushing Robson wide and then puts her forehand volley winner out towards the opposite line.
- - ROBSON 6-4 2-2 - Robson pegs Garcia back from 40-15 to deuce and then again denies the Frenchwoman on another game point with a brutal forehand return that Garcia can only send into the bottom of the net in return. Yet another game point also goes begging for Garcia before eventually Robson sends a forehand long to allow the Frenchwoman to hold.
- - ROBSON 6-4 2-1 - Robson knows exactly where she is going with an inside out forehand across court to help her on her way to another love service hold, which is sealed when Garcia nets a backhand return.
- - ROBSON 6-4 1-1 - Garcia stops the run of games against her with a gutsy hold to 30. The Frenchwoman produces an ace to earn herself a game point from 30-all before another big serve forces Robson into the backhand error.
- - ROBSON 6-4 1-0 - It was indeed the right wrist of Robson that prompted her to call for the trainer. But it looks as though she just wanted the strapping adjusting rather than any actual treatment, and she comes out to hold to love with a big serve that Garcia can only return wide.
- - There'll be a bit of a delay again in the match now as Robson has called for the trainer. She's had some problems with her right wrist, some injury problems, in the last few weeks and is playing with it strapped so it is probably that which is the issue.
- - ROBSON 6-4 - SET! Robson battles back from 40-15 with Garcia serving to stay in this opening set. The Brit then produces a great length backhand that the Frenchwoman can only return long to fashion a set point. Only one set point is needed by the Brit though as she produces another length forehand that Garcia can only return wide down the line off the backhand side.
- - ROBSON 5-4 - Robson cruises through a love service hold, helped when Garcia just overcooks a very neat looking forehand volley after ghosting into the net. That hold keeps the pressure on the Frenchwoman, who will have to serve to stay in the opening set next.
- - ROBSON 4-4 - Robson finally makes some inroads on the Garcia serve, even finding herself leading 15-30 at one point. But the Frenchwoman battles back before going on hold with a forehand winner and level up once more.
- - ROBSON 4-3 - "Anything you can do..." Robson follows Garcia's love service game with one of her, throwing in two aces just for measure in the middle. This is turning into a battle of the big servers so far!
- - ROBSON 3-3 - A third love service game from Garcia is sealed with an ace after three other very big serves that Robson simply cannot return in play.
- - ROBSON 3-2 - Robson is causing Garcia trouble with the length of her ground-strokes behind her serve, leaving the Frenchwoman (who is determined to be aggressive) crouching down on her haunches in a bid to return a backhand, hitting the inside-out wide across court.
- - ROBSON 2-2 - A forehand winner down the line from Garcia seals another game to love for the Frenchwoman, who is looking very confident, behind serve at least.
- - ROBSON 2-1 - Garcia is looking to be aggressive right from the start, standing inside the baseline to receive Robson's serve. But it's a big serve from the Brit as Garcia is rushed on the forehand return when sails wide down the line and Robson holds to 15.
- - ROBSON 1-1 - Garcia looks the more settled of the two players in the early stages of this clash as she produces an ace on her way to a love service hold that is sealed after back-to-back backhand errors from Robson.
- - ROBSON 1-0 - A decent start from Robson as she earns herself a game point with a forehand winner before holding when Garcia nets a backhand.
- - So if Laura Robson is the future of British tennis, Caroline Garcia is the future of French tennis. The 19-year-old really is being touted as the next big thing for the French and has made things tough for Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova already this year. In fact, even Andy Murray, has said he thinks Garcia is a future world number one.
22:28 - Robson and Garcia are finally heading back to Court, ready to go through their warm-up for the second time. Let's hope they actually get some play completed this time!
20:06 - Caroline Garcia can currently be found in the car park doing some sprints and stretches in preparation for the resumption (well, start really) of her clash with Robson.
- - Robson and Garcia have just finished their warm-up as the announcement comes that play is to be suspended around all the courts. They are obviously expecting that deluge to begin in the next few minutes.
|Date of Birth||21/01/1994|
|Date of Birth||16/10/1993|