No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for Wozniacki will be a South African - either Chanelle Scheepers or Chanel Simmonds. Women's drawsheet
- - WOZNIACKI 6-3 7-5 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Wozniacki is forced to save two more break points, but does so with a forehand winner and a great serve that puts Duan on the back point. A fantastic bit of length hitting from Wozniacki brings up match point when Duan goes wide with an inside out backhand across court. One match point is all that's needed though and Wozniacki is through to the second round when Duan nets a forehand.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-3 6-5 - BREAK! Again nerves get the better of Duan as she slaps a wild forehand sailing well long of the baseline. Having only just been forced to serve to stay in this set, Wozniacki will now get the chance to serve for it, after the change of ends.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-3 5-5 - After initially struggling to find her serve, Wozniacki rattles off an unreturnable and an ace to earn herself a game point from 15-30 down. A forehand winner ends up sealing the game for Wozniacki who levels up properly this time.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-3 4-5 - BREAK! Ouch. That really was a nervy game from Duan as she slaps down a double fault to hand Wozniacki the break back to get things back on level terms. The Dane will still have to serve to stay in this second set after the change of ends though and she has struggled to hold in this set.
- - WOZNIACKI 3-5 - BREAK! Duan has broken for a second time in this set to leave herself serving for it, the Chinese player really dictating this match now with some huge hitting off both wings. Impressive stuff from the qualifier.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-3 2-4 - A very confident hold to 15 from Duan as she takes herself to potentially just two games away from levelling up this match at one set apeice. Where Duan was previously missing by a couple of centimetres she is now hitting the lines with impressive frequency.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-2 2-3 - Wozniacki is having all sorts of troubles now with her serve and she once again finds herself battling at deuce before being able to hold when her Chinese opponent hits another forehand error.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-2 1-3 - Much better from Wozniacki as she finally gets her side of the scoreboard ticking over, Duan sending an off balance backhand sailing long of the baseline.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-2 0-3 - Duan does all the hard work only to slap a forehand approach shot into the net to hand Wozniacki an immediate break back point. The Dane sends a generous forehand sailing long of the baseline to squander the chance but Duan returns the favour on the next point to give her another go. This one Duan saves with a forehand winner down the line before bringing up game point with a brutal backhand winner and consolidating the break when Wozniacki goes wide with a backhand.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-2 0-2 - BREAK! Wozniacki goes long with a forehand to squander a first game point before going wide with an inside out forehand across court to gift Duan an early break point in this second set. Sure enough the Chinese player takes full advantage of the chance, riffling a backhand winner down the line to seal the break.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-2 0-1 - Duan takes the first game of the second set to 15 but she has to work really hard for it, especially the last point, pushing Wozniacki from side-to-side-to-side before eventually finding a forehand winner down the line to seal the game.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-2 - SET! A backhand winner quickly followed by a forehand winner from Duan and all of a sudden she has a 0-30 lead on the Wozniacki serve. But the Dane rattles off four straight points to snatch the set when Duan sends a forehand sailing long of the baseline.
- - WOZNIACKI 5-2 - BREAK! Really up and down from both players at this stage of this set of Duan slaps down a double fault to tamely concede her serve yet again and leave the former world number one serving for the first set.
- - WOZNIACKI 4-2 - BREAK! It was all coming a little too easily for Wozniacki, apparently, as she throws in a distracted service game of her own, a very poor game, to gift Duan that second break back with a forehand into the net.
- - WOZNIACKI 4-1 - BREAK! Ouch. Just when it was beginning to look as though Duan was settling into really make this a competitive match, she goes awol on serve for a second time. A poor forehand from the Chinese player and Wozniacki has the double break.
- - WOZNIACKI 3-1 - Much more settled play from Duan now as she makes life tough for Wozniacki, pushing the Dane to deuce before allowing her to hold with her first ace of the afteroon and maintain her break advantage.
- - WOZNIACKI 2-1 - Duan has a brutal forehand when she can find and absolutely wallops one of the line on her way to a hold to get her side of the scoreabord ticking over. She's already a break down though
- - WOZNIACKI 2-0 - The long rallies are all going Wozniacki's way at this early stage as she holds from 0-15 down to consolidate the break when Duan sends a regulation forehand long down the centre of the court.
- - WOZNIACKI 1-0 - BREAK! Early signs of nerves from Duan as Wozniacki breaks for the opening game of the match. Three consecutive errors from Duan after a positive couple of points and Wozniacki, a former finalist in New York is off the mark.
- - Coming up next on Arthur Ashe will be sixth seed Caroline Wozniacki getting her campaign underway against Chinese qualifier Duan Ying-Ying.
|Date of Birth||11/07/1990|
|Date of Birth||03/07/1989|