No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - STEPHENS 6-1 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Stephens, seeded 15th, has seen off compatriot Jamie Hampton to set up a potential clash with Serena Williams, assuming Williams comes past Yaroslava Shvedova in the night match later. Stephens, of course, beat Serena at the French Open at the beginning of the year. Hampton just overwhelmed and outplayed today on Arthur Ashe. Women's drawsheet.
- - STEPHENS 6-1 - SET! Well, that was a very one-sided set. Stephens seals the set at the first attempt, fashioning a set point when Hamptons slices an inside-out forehand approach shot wide across court and then sealing the set when Hampton misses a backhand return.
- - STEPHENS 5-1 - BREAK! Ouch. Hampton is in all sorts of trouble now as she drops serve for a third time, this time to 20 after four consecutive errors. Stephens will serve for the set next.
- - STEPHENS 3-1 - BREAK! Stephens re-establishes her break advantage early in this match by leaping all over the Hampton serve and forcing the 23rd seed to feel like she has to go for too much. This match promises a lot but as yet both players just seem a little overwhelmed by the situation.
- - STEPHENS 2-1 - BREAK! Hampton doesn't panic when she mis-judges a cross court forehand and sends the ball well wide. Instead she simply goes back to exactly the same spot on the next point, this time hitting a winner and bring up an immediate break back point. Stephens saves it but she earns herself another chance and this time the 15th seed completely mis-hits her forehand to concede the break advantage.
- - STEPHENS 2-0 - BREAK! Stephens thumps a huge forehand down the line for a winner (after backing away from the ball to take it on the forehand wing) on her way to bringing up a couple of early break points. Both go begging as Hampton levels at deuce but a poor backhand error from the 23rd seed hands Stephens the break at the third attempt.
|Date of Birth||08/01/1990|
|Date of Birth||20/03/1993|