No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - AZARENKA 6-7(2) 6-3 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! World number two Victoria Azarenka has successfully fought back from dropping that first set to seal the match against Alize Cornet and book her place in the fourth round. The Belarusian serves out the match to love when the Frenchwoman fails to find the court with a defensive forehand error and she will next face Serbia's 13th seed Ana Ivanovic. Women's drawsheet.
- - AZARENKA 6-7(2) 6-3 - SET! World number two Azarenka has forced her way back into this clash with Cornet over on Louis Armstrong by taking the second set with the one break. Azarenka served out the set from deuce with a big forehand that Cornet can only net off the backhand, despite opening the game with a double fault. That one is headed into the decisive third set.
- - AZARENKA 6-7(2) - SET! Cornet has taken the first set from Azarenka with a cracking tie-break after refusing to let those two missed set points in the 12th game get her down. Some huge forehands from the French 26th seed eventually pay off as she goes down to the left of the feet of Azarenka, who is up at the net and can't get her racquet down quickly enough to return the ball.
- - AZARENKA 6-6 - Azarenka has had to save two set points in the 12th game of the opening set against Cornet before a delightful sliced backhand drop shot seals the game for the second seed and forces the tie-break.
- - AZARENKA 3-4 - BREAK! A backhand error from Cornet followed by a double fault and Azarenka has the break back to get this opening set back on level terms, albeit it with the world number two still trailing by a game.
- - AZARENKA 0-2 - BREAK! Over on Louis Armstrong, world number two Victoria Azarenka is underway against French 26th seed Alize Cornet. But the Belarusian is already a break down, squandering multiple game points from 40-15 up to concede her serve with a forehand error.
|Date of Birth||22/01/1990|
|Date of Birth||31/07/1989|