|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - LI 6-3 6-0 - GAME, SET & MATCH! What an awful match from Jankovic as she hands Li two match points with a double fault. And a forehand error from the Serb, sending the ball long of the baseline, hands Li the match in just 57 minutes. Next up for Li will be either world number four Agnieszka Radwanska or Ekaterina Makrova. Women's drawsheet.
- - LI 6-3 4-0 - BREAK! Jankovic is all over the place as she races into the net only to miss the court with a smash and hand Li two more break points. The fifth seed only need the one though as she secures the double break when Jankovic sends a forehand long.
- - LI 6-3 2-0 - BREAK! Li has start this second set in much the same fashion that she open the match, breaking in just the second game to love, with a backhand winner and three unforced errors from the Serb.
- - LI 6-3 - SET! What a ridiculous set of tennis! A couple more forehand winners from Li and she brings up three more set points, this time agianst the Jankovic serve though. But she needs to do absolutely nothing to secure the set as Jankovic slaps down a double fault to concede. Ouch.
- - LI 5-3 - BREAK! Li squanders a first set point with a forehand long of the baseline before Jankovic once again gets one of the breaks back with a forehand winner riffled down the line. The Serb will still have to serve to stay in this opening set though.
- - LI 5-2 - BREAK! A forehand volley winner from Li Na brings up two more break points to leave her serving for the first set after the change of ends. She only needs the one though and re-establishes her double break lead when Jankovic pulls a forehand wide across court.
- - LI 3-1- BREAK! Ouch. The wheels have completely come off for Li as Jankovic gets one of the breaks back. The fifth seed opens with three consecutive forehand errors, two off the forehand wing and one off the backhand, to hand Jankovic three break points. She gets one of the points back before slapping down a double fault to concede her serve.
- - LI 3-0 BREAK! Incredible stuff from Li as she breaks for a second time to 15, a forehand winner opening the game for the fifth seed before Jankovic hands her two more break points with a double fault. A forehand error from the Serb concedes the game and the Chinese player has dropped just two points to far in this clash.
- - LI 1-0 - BREAK! Wow! Li Na has come out for this clash absolutely ready as she hits three straight winners off the forehand side to break the Jankovic serve to 15 for the opening game of the match.
- - Next up on Arthur Ashe will be the potentially epic clash between fifth seed Li Na of China and Serbian ninth seed Jelena Jankovic.
|Date of Birth||28/02/1985|
|Date of Birth||26/02/1982|