|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-6 2-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Andy Murray's defence of the US Open is over after the world number three is comprehensively beaten by a re-hot Stanislas Wawrinka. The Swiss ninth seed fights back from 0-30 to hammer down a couple of well-executed smashes before sealing a huge upset when Murray misfired into the net. It's the first time Stan the Man has reached a Grand Slam semi. He will face either Djokovic or Youzhny next.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-6 2-5 - BREAK! It's all-but over for Murray. His defence of the title will come to an abrupt halt in the quarter-finals as Wawrinka lands a double break to leave him serving for the match. A wonderful forehand seals it, but it's that backhand that has been the architect of the world number three's downfall. No wonder John McEnroe has described it as the best on the tour.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-6 2-4 - An early double fault provides Murray with an opening and he works his way into a decent position at 30-30. But it's just not happening for the Scot today and he fires a probing forehand long before firing wide in the next point. Wawrinka marches on.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-6 2-3 - Wawrinka exposes a weak second serve and gives it the treatment it deserves with a venomous crosscourt winner to stretch Murray once again. However, an attempted backhand winner strikes the net to hand the Scot a chance to escape unscathed and he gratefully takes it when Wawrinka repeats the trick with a forehand.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-6 1-3 - The 28-year-old consolidates the break with another emphatic showing on his serve. Wawrinka has been very hot today but Murray has missed a lot of opportunities and it's a long forehand that he usually makes in his sleep that costs him the game to 15.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-6 1-2 - BREAK! Deja vu as Murray lets an early lead slip to give Wawrinka a sniff of a break. A brilliant backhand winner that borders on the ridiculous then sees the Swiss tie it at deuce. The world number three nets what would usually be a routine winner before a double fault sums up his afternoon. Wawrinka on course for the semis with a straights sets win here.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-6 1-1 - The reigning champion's grip on that trophy is looking decidedly weak. Wawrenka is clearly in the form of his life and whizzes through another routine service game, taking it to love with a sublime cross-court volley at the net.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-6 1-0 - There's no respite for Murray as Stan the Man charges back from 40-15 down to take another of the Scot's service games to deuce. Wawrenka then lets the British star off the hook as he slices an approach shot too long.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-6 - SET! Wawrinka wards off a strong challenge from Murray to take a two-set lead. The ninth seed rattles down an ace to snare a set point at 40-30 before tempting a long return out of his opponent. It's a long way back for Murray from here.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-5 - Wawrinka has got the bit between his teeth and is tearing through that Murray service at every opportunity. A thunderous 93 mph forehand winner down the line is another shot that will linger long in the memory and heaps further stress on the Scot. At deuce a double break is very much on the cards but Murray ends up on the right side of a challenge to edge ahead before the Swiss fires into the net.
- - MURRAY 4-6 2-5 - Wawrinka is wowing the Arthur Ashe crowd here. The Swiss serves a super-quick game, crashing down a third ace of the match to take it to love. A misfiring Murray is back on serve immediately. If he doesn't hold he'll be two sets down.
- - MURRAY 4-6 2-4 - BREAK! Murray's in big trouble now. Wawrinka racks up three break points as the Scot contributes to his own downfall with poor execution of his final shot. A woeful backhand volley into the net proves significant at 0-15 and Wawrinka goes on to claim the break with a stunning backhand winner down the line.
- - MURRAY 4-6 2-3 - Wawrinka is in the zone right now and Murray isn't getting anywhere near putting pressure on his serve. A delicious backhand bullet down the line sets Stan the man up at 40-15 and Murray angles an attempted winner long to make it a comfortable hold.
- - MURRAY 4-6 2-2 - Murray just about holds serve as a Wawrinka lob drops agonisingly long at 30-30 to give him game point. He makes the most of the reprieve cannoning down a wide serve before despatching the return with a composed pass across court.
- - MURRAY 4-6 1-2 - Wawrinka is on fire at times out there and you'd worry for Murray if it weren't for the occasional lapse that keeps giving the Scot hope. At 30-0 the Swiss is cruising but allows Murray back before closing it out to 30 with a good approach shot and clinical put away.
- - MURRAY 4-6 1-1 - The world number three responds by racing into a 40-0 lead. But the demons are still there and a double fault leaves him berating himself. Wawrinka then makes a scooped forehand on the run before crashing a winner to the baseline. The frustration rises again and Murray is forced to save another break point before coming back to clinch the game when Wawrinka fires a forehand too deep.
- - MURRAY 4-6 0-1 - Confident start to the second set for Wawrinka whose confidence must be up in the stratosphere right now. Murray has no answer and finds himself back in the spotlight after the Swiss wraps up a perfect service game in double-quick time.
- - MURRAY 4-6 - SET! That was epic. Murray is once again undermined by some glaring unforced errors, saving FIVE set points along the way, but ultimately he can't get out of jail as a long forehand gives Wawrinka first blood. A wonderful game of twists and turns for the spectator but a worrying one for the overall context of this match for the Scot. His frustration clearly evident.
- - MURRAY 4-5 - Murray recovers from a 40-0 deficit in the wake of some stunning serves from Wawrinka to force deuce. The Scot decides to go for it but fires wide before being blown away by a pinpoint forehand that clips the baseline in the left corner. Still on serve.
- - MURRAY 4-4 - Another difficult hold for Muzza. A 30-0 lead peters away with two unforced errors before an ace and a weak return from Wawrinka see the Scot level it up again at 4-4.
- - MURRAY 3-4 - The first half-chance for Murray to attack the Wawrinka serve ends in disappointment as Stan the man recovers from 15-30 to hold. The wind is playing a key role in the unforced errors we've seen so far. Whoever handles that the most competently will edge this first set.
- - MURRAY 3-3 - Murray is working very hard to stay on serve at the moment. Wawrinka earns another deuce as the champion's unforced error count rises. But the Swiss star lets him off the hook with a miscued forehand of his own. Murray seizes the opportunity and keeps his cool to claim the game with a well-executed first serve.
- - MURRAY 2-3 - More superb play by Wawrinka as he polishes off his service game with the minimum of fuss. A double fault is the only blip as he wins a hard-fought final point with a simple pass into an empty court after Murray just about reached his well-executed drop shot.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - The first real test of the server sees Wawrinka pile on the pressure with a series of stunning winners. A whipped forehand close to the right channel is the pick of the bunch. Murray is forced to dig deep to stay in it and eventually sees off the challenge when the Swiss star fizzes a weak shot into the net. A high-class game of tennis that was just about shaded by the British number one.
- - MURRAY 1-2 - The Swiss number two rattles down an ace to take control of the proceedings before Murray is forced to angle a rasping serve into the net. A clinical volley clinches the game to 15 as the ninth seed illustrates just why he feels he's playing the best tennis of his career.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - A thumping forehand and some brilliant play at the net puts the reigning champion in the ascendancy and he goes on to seal the game to 15 when Wawrinka miscues from the baseline.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Stan the man races into a 30-0 lead but is pegged back as Murray produces a stunning lob to level. The Scot then hammers a simple volley into the net to hand the initiative back to Wawrinka, who makes no mistake with a solid final point to force the error and take the opener.
- - Wawrinka is playing in what is only his second US Open quarter-final. He has never gone beyond this round at any of the four majors. He'll be feeling like there's no time like the present and the Swiss star is convinced he is playing the best tennis of his life at this tournament. Big test for Murray ahead.
- - The players are out on Arthur Ashe and they are about to run through the warm up. Just moments away from the start of this intriguing last eight match now. It's Murray v Wawrinka and it's live right here.
- - In 2013, Murray has won 37 of his 44 matches and has claimed four titles. Wawrinka has won 36 of 51 and has just the one title.
- - Murray has the edge in the head-to-head stats, winning eight of their 13 clashes. However, the Swiss hopeful was the victor in their only meeting this year which came in a last-16 showdown at the Monte Carlo Masters.
19.20 - Hello and welcome to our live coverage of defending champion, Andy Murray's US Open quarter-final clash with ninth seed Stanislas Wawrinka. The winner of this match will face the man who comes through the late night showdown between World Number One, Novak Djokovic and Mikhail Youzhny (21).
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|