|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-2 3-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Gasquet wins an epic contest to book a place in the last four of the US Open for the first time in his career. The final game wasn't without its moments though. The Frenchman raced into a 30-0 lead but contrived to allow Ferrer back in at 30-30. Gasquet needed to settle his nerves and a powerful second serve gave him match point before a big forehand put him in dreamland. He now awaits the winner of Nadal v Robredo in the last four.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-2 3-5 - Ferrer ensures Gasquet has to serve for the match as he holds to love after winning some stunning rallies.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-2 2-5 - Ferrer shrugs off the break and piles the pressure on Gasquet at 15-30. The French star responds with a fine first serve and a thumping overhead smash before consolidating his break as the number four seed fires long.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-2 2-4 - BREAK! How significant is this going to be? Gasquet hangs on under a barrage of attacks from Ferrer who then offers up two break points with a couple of errors. A double fault inexplicably gifts the Frenchman the game - and will it be the match as well?
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-2 2-3 - Gasquet's 47th winner of the match is arguably his best and it puts him on the verge of a routine service game at 40-15. A thumping first serve is too hot for Ferrer and the Frenchman finally gets to breathe a little easier.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-2 2-2 - It's ridiculously tight in this final set. Ferrer shows good mental strength to keep it on serve. Who is going to blink first?
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-2 1-2 - More resilient play by Gasquet as he is made to work for every point on his own serve to claim another huge hold after fighting off the threat of a break yet again.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-2 1-1 - More dominant play by Ferrer who grinds Gasquet down to claim a comfortable win to 15.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-2 0-1 - A big hold from Gasquet as he manages to see out the opener to 30 after it looked like the relentless Ferrer was going to make a dream start to the fifth.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 6-2 - SET! We are all-square and heading into a fifth-set decider. Gasquet's mind is clearly on that as he returned with very little belief. A thumping serve sealed it for Ferrer who must be the favourite now.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 5-2 - BREAK! A massive game for Ferrer as he battles his way back from 30-0 down to take four points on the spin and secure another break. It's looking like a five setter here.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 4-2 - Ferrer fights off a strong start from Gasquet to force deuce on break point. The Frenchman senses a way back into the set and delivers some astonishing backhand winners, coupled with some woeful unforced errors as both players contrive to miss opportunities. A seventh deuce ensues and the game looks like continuing forever until Ferrer seizes the initiative and cannons down an ace to claim it.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 3-2 - Gasquet somehow manages to hold after two double faults hand break points to the Spaniard. An ace plays its part and he eventually comes out on the right side of deuce to stay in this set.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 3-1 - The Spaniard consolidates the break - but he makes heavy weather of it. Only his third ace of the match sets him up to lead 40-15 but a series of errors and good returns from Gasquet tie it at deuce. Ferrer responds and two shots into the net from his opponent present him with the game.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 2-1 - BREAK! After a flawless opener Gasquet has a nightmare, dropping his serve to love with a tame shot into the net. The tide has well and truly turned here.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 1-1 - "Whatever you can do, I can do... well almost as good," says the Spaniard! Ferrer romps through a routine service game with the only black mark being a blinding backhand winner from Gasquet.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 0-1 - Bright start to the fourth by Gasquet as he powers down ace number five on his way to a routine game to love.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 6-4 - SET! The Spaniard is back in it! Ferrer starts as he would have hoped but is pegged back to 30-30 when he fires long with Gasquet stranded at the net. The Frenchman tries to apply the pressure but miscues a backhand that drops long on set point. You wouldn't bet against this going to a decider now. Gasquet looks tired and irritated.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 5-4 - Gasquet recovers from an unfortunate net ricochet that gives Ferrer break point to stay in contention. A thumping backhand winner clinches the game to leave Ferrer to serve for the set.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 5-3 - Ferrer moves closer to reducing the arrears with some robust tennis, including a devilish lob that leaves Gasquet stranded. A probing forehand seals the game as the Frenchman can only steer his return into the net.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 4-3 - Gasquet rides his luck to hold after Ferrer can only guide a defensive volley long from a poor overhead. The Frenchman isn't playing with the same fluency now but an ace gets him through to win it to 30.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 4-2 - BREAK! Gasquet isn't ready to give up this set just yet and some slack play by Ferrer gives him two break points. The fourth seed snatches one back but he is his own worst enemy as he fizzes way too long. Just the one break in it now.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 4-1 - BREAK! Double break to be precise. Great turn of pace by Ferrer allows him to pick up a Gasquet drop shot and fizz a forehand back across court to set up double break point. The French star saves one and is left thanking his lucky stars when Ferrer misses his attempted winner. The duo then exchange errors as what feels like an never-ending game goes to a fifth deuce before Ferrer finally makes it count with some rare but brilliant play at the net.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 3-1 - The Gasquet backhand isn't hitting the corners as much now and it's allowing Ferrer to dictate the play. The Frenchman doesn't look as relaxed and two wayward efforts from the baseline cost him the game to 15.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 2-1 - An important hold for Gasquet who takes the game to 15 as Ferrer fires inches wide in a point he was dominating.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 2-0 - A string of thumping forehands do the damage for Ferrer despite a couple of errors that almost give Gasquet hope. A challenge at 40-30 goes the way of the Spaniard who takes command of the third set.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-6 1-0 - BREAK! Many in the crowd must have wondered if Ferrer was conserving his energy at the end of the second once he realised it was gone. They'll think they were right now as the Spaniard comes from nowhere to break to love. This match is far from over.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-5 - Ferrer is battling but on the big points he just has no answers. Gasquet allows him back into the game at 40-30 before crushing his hopes with yet another stunning winner.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-4 - BREAK! Gasquet really is in the zone at the moment. An exquisite drop shot at the net is so good it almost bounces back onto his side of the net via outrageous backspin. It's a real contender for shot of the tournament and he follows it up with an audacious lob as Ferrer is made to work extra hard just to keep it at deuce. But when someone is on fire there's very little you can do and the Spaniard fires long to leave himself with a mountain to climb.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-3 - A magnificent drop shot is the pick of the points as Gasquet looks all-set to consolidate the break at 40-15. But two inexplicable errors gift Ferrer a route back and he is forced to fend off a break point. A delicious volley gives him another chance and the Spaniard then nets from the baseline to concede the game.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-2 BREAK! Ferrer has no answer to these backhand winners. Two more set Gasquet on his way to double break point and he doesn't need asking twice, forcing Ferrer to hook a poor attempt wide. The Spaniard just can't bring his forehand into the rallies at the moment.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-1 - The pressure's right back on Ferrer after Gasquet romps through his service game to love. The winning point? A ridiculously good backhand bullet.
- - FERRER 3-6 1-0 - An important service game for Ferrer who will have been shaken after that first set. The number four seed wins it to 30 as Gasquet fires wastefully wide after working his way back into the game.
- - FERRER 3-6 - SET! A fantastic first set from the Frenchman who rather aptly seals it to love with a wonderful backhand winner. It's been the feature of the match so far - can it inspire him to the last four? Hmmm. We'll see. Lots of tennis to be played yet.
- - FERRER 3-5 - Gasquet's approach play has been outstanding at times and his combination of slice followed by that bullet of a backhand give him no fewer than three set points. But Ferrer won't let it lie and when Gasquet fluffs a shot at the net, the Spaniard eventually sees it out by forcing another error at the baseline.
- - FERRER 2-5 - Gasquet holds firm to edge just a game away from that first set. A stunning backhand winner put him in control and, after a mini wobble, his intelligent range of shot selection forces Ferrer to fizz an attempted winner off target.
- - FERRER 2-4 - That's more like it from Ferrer. An ace seals a second perfect service game.
- - FERRER 1-4 - Gasquet holds firm to romp into a 4-1 lead as Ferrer again fires long after trading blows from the baseline. The Spaniard looks off colour but that's not to detract from how well Gasquet has done so far.
- - FERRER 1-3 - BREAK! Gasquet illustrating some real determination early in this contest and it's his backhand that is doing all the damage. A rare error from Ferrer sets up break point and the Frenchman makes it count as he tempts the number four seed into a shot that arrows into the net.
- - FERRER 1- 2 - As expected, the Spaniard is dominating most rallies from the baseline but Gasquet is well in this and his sweeping backhand is a real weapon. However, it's a vicious winner off the forehand that sees him hold serve to 30.
- - FERRER 1-1 - Much more routine for Ferrer. A wonderful backhand winner sets him on his way and he walks away with it, serving down an ace to secure a perfect game.
- - FERRER 0-1 - A difficult start for Gasquet who is forced to save three break points on his opening service game. The Frenchman eventually takes control with a stunning backhand before Ferrer's awkward lob drops wide.
- - This is Gasquet's best ever run at the US Open. His most impressive showing at a Slam was in 2007 when he got to the last four at Wimbledon. As for Ferrer, he is bidding to reach the semi finals in New York for the third time. He was also a finalist at this year's French Open.
- - Next up on Arthur Ashe, it's the first of the men's quarter-finals - Ferrer versus Gasquet. The winner of this one will meet either Nadal or Robredo in the last four.
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|