|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 6-0 6-2 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Nadal romps into the semi-finals with a straight sets demolition of his compatriot. The final game proves more entertaining than expected as Robredo fires a wonderful winner down the line with Nadal at the net to take it to 40-30. However, the 31-year-old fizzes the next point long to send Rafa into the last four where the world number two will face France's Richard Gasquet.
- - NADAL 6-0 6-2 5-2 - BREAK! It's all over bar the shouting. Robredo looks to go out swinging and has Nadal on the run at 30-30. But the winners just keep coming out of nowhere for the 2010 US Open champion and when Robredo drops a shot just wide at the net, it sets up Nadal to serve for the match with just over an hour and a half played.
- - NADAL 6-0 6-2 4-2 - A wonderful point from Robredo ends with a backhand smash that gets the crowd on their feet. Can he do what looks impossible? Can he break Nadal? Well, it's a tad premature at 0-15 but when he clips the line with an audacious forehand there is some hope at 30-30. Rafa's having none of it though and wears down his opponent to consolidate the break when Robredo fires wide.
- - NADAL 6-0 6-2 3-2 - BREAK! A delightful lob sets Rafa on his way and a complete miscue from Robredo tees him up for a double break point. But the 19th seed is a much tougher proposition on his serve now and he claws his way back to deuce. It's merely a reprieve, however, as Nadal passes him easily down the left channel before driving a shot low towards Robredo's feet that he can only guide into the net.
- - NADAL 6-0 6-2 2-2 - Robredo works an opening but immediately sees the door slammed shut as Rafa cannons down an overhead smash and then rattles through the last point to take the game to 15.
- - NADAL 6-0 6-2 1-2 - Robredo holds serve with a 121 mph ace after he had looked set for another slog at 30-30. This will do wonders for his confidence as he looks to try and stay with Rafa in this third set. At the very least he'll want to try and make the scoreline more respectable.
- - NADAL 6-0 6-2 1-1 - Nadal levels it up with consummate ease as Robredo flashes a shot into the net to give him the game to 15.
- - NADAL 6-0 6-2 0-1 - Great net coverage by Robredo puts him in command of his service game and he makes a fine start by taking it to love.
- - NADAL 6-0 6-2 - SET! A valiant effort from Robredo but Nadal proves too strong once again, racing through the game to love. An ace finishes it off as he claims the second set after just one hour and one minute.
- - NADAL 6-0 5-2 - BREAK! At 30-30 Rafa teases a rare slice down the line that tempts Robredo in and he flashes a shot into the net. The 19th seed then wallops an attempted winner long to hand Rafa the chance to serve for the set.
- - NADAL 6-0 4-2 - The second seed shows that he is human after all as a mix of stunning winners and shock errors ties it at deuce. A fine serve sets up the advantage and Robredo fires wide to ensure Rafa stays that break ahead.
- - NADAL 6-0 3-2 - A 13th forehand winner of the match sets up another break point for Rafa at 30-40, but this time Robredo saves it to force deuce. The 31-year-old looks happier after such a disastrous start and he forces Nadal into two errors to hold for the second straight service game.
- - NADAL 6-0 3-1 - Normal service is resumed as Nadal almost dismissively crashes forehand after forehand past his opponent. A searing ace seals a perfect game.
- - NADAL 6-0 2-1 - At 40-15 Robredo looks all set for a first hold but two sensational winners from Nadal drag him back to deuce. The doubts must have been creeping in but a fine shot on the line followed by an unforced error from Rafa finally get him on the board. That will be a massive relief for him.
- - NADAL 6-0 2-0 - Robredo earns a huge cheers from the crowd as a thumping forehand clips the baseline to put him ahead and he looks in good shape at 30-30. The 19th seed moves in on a point he is dominating but is passed in magnificent fashion by a Rafa piledriver on the run. Another stunning forehand seals the game and consolidates that early break.
- - NADAL 6-0 1-0 - BREAK! A couple of miscues from Nadal offer Robredo a chink of light, but Rafa rampages back with a perfect shot down the line the pick of his efforts as he notches up a seventh game on the spin. The first set lasted just 22 minutes. Is Robredo going to put up any kind of fight here?
- - NADAL 6-0 - SET! That was simply irresistible. Robredo gets some respite with only his fifth point of the set but it only serves to anger the beast, who sees it out to 15 when his opponent fires long.
- - NADAL 5-0 - BREAK! It's relentless. Rafa is like a machine out there. At 0-30 a venomous forehand is just too good for Robredo and with three more break points to try and fight off he capitulates with a double fault. The bagel is almost certain now.
- - NADAL 4-0 - Robredo gets a point on the board but can do little to combat the power and accuracy of his compatriot. Rafa takes the game to 15 and you wonder just how quickly he can wrap up this set from here.
- - NADAL 3-0 - BREAK! Robredo has no answer to this and we are only three games in. The double break is achieved with the minimum of fuss as the 31-year-old nets a tame backhand into the net to drop his serve to love.
- - NADAL 2-0 - Rafa is in the groove already tonight and there's a stunned silence amongst the spectators when he fizzes a forehand wide at 40-0. It's a minor blip though as he steps up a gear to consolidate the break in the next point. That's 57/57 service games won by Rafa at this tournament now. It just goes to show the task facing Robredo, particularly after dropping his opening game like that.
- - NADAL 1-0 - BREAK! Robredo thunders down a 124mph serve to get off to a flyer but he's soon chasing shadows as Nadal peppers his baseline with a succession of explosive shots. A forehand winner at 30-40 earns him an immediate break as his compatriot takes a swing at fresh air with a desperate lunge beyond the baseline.
- - Robredo is the world number 22 and is seeded 19th for this tournament. The 31-year-old is hoping to claim a maiden appearance at a Grand Slam semi final. That's easier said than done, of course, especially when you are up against the irrepressible Nadal who may well have been expecting to face Roger Federer here tonight. The Swiss maestro was surprisingly ousted in straight sets by an in-form Robredo. So, no one should be ruling out Tommy, although he has yet to triumph in six outings v Rafa.
- - The final match of Day 10 is next up on Arthur Ashe. World number two, Rafa Nadal is aiming to see off his fellow Spaniard, Tommy Robredo. The winner will take on Richard Gasquet in the semi final.
|Date of Birth||01/05/1982|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|