|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-0 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Federer squanders a third match point when he slaps down a double fault at 40-0 up. But an inside out forehand just marginally wide across court from the Frenchman on Fed's second chance in this game and the five-times former champion is through to the second week where he will face Tommy Robredo. Men's drawsheet.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-0 5-2 - A bizarre game from Federer as he earns himself a match point only to start snatching at the ball, squandering two chances to take the match with over-hit shots - one off the forehand wing and one off the backhand.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-0 5-1 - Mannarino produces a backhand winner down the line to take the first point against the Federer serve. Fed quickly races ahead to two game points only to net a backhand and put a little more pressure on himself than he needs to. But that's as far Mannarino gets and Fed holds to leave the Frenchman serving to stay in the match.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-0 4-1 - BREAK! Federer breaks to 15 for a second straight time on the Mannarino serve, continuing his relentless march in the fourth round as the Frenchman just swings wildly at the ball clearly not believing he'll have any luck at getting back into this match.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-0 3-1 - Federer races through a love service hold, after the challenges of his previous service game, to consolidate the break and leave himslf potentially just three games away from a place in the last 16.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-0 2-1 - BREAK! Fed squanders a first break point with a backhand error that he pulls wide across court after opening up his shoulders. But it's only a temporary let-off for Mannarino as Federer breaks on his second attempt to leave himself with one foot in the fourth round.
- - FEDERE 6-3 6-0 1-1 - Federer looks to be cruising through another love service hold only to be pegged back to deuce. But a forehand error from the Frenhcman and Federer has his opening hold in thie third set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-0 0-1 - Federer nets a make-able forehand to help Mannarino on his way to two game points. The Frenchman squanders the first with a netted forehand of his own but finally gets his side of the scoreboard ticking over once more with a big serve that Fed cannot return in play on the second.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-0 - SET! Federer serves out the second set to love with a booming ace straight down the centre of the court. Mannarino just wasn't in that set at all. Can he rediscover enough momentum to at least make the third set competitive?
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-0 - BREAK! Federer quickly races out to three more break points only to pull his cross court backhand well wide of even the tramlines. But Mannarino fires a forehand long on the second and Fed will serve not only for the second set but also for the bagel.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-0 - Federer gets a little lucky when Mannarino sends a backhand passing shot only marginally long down the line. That could have been break back point Mannarino but instead it's game point Federer, who does hold when the Frenchman pivots on a cross court backhand passing shot and pulls the wide ball, albeit after doing brilliantly well to chase down Fed's lob.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-0 - BREAK! Mannarino leans into his cross court backhand only to overdo the shot and push his backhand wide, handing Federer another break point in the process. And the Frenchman basically gives away his serve with an inside-out forehand into the net on the very next point.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-0 - A very quick service hold from Federer is only blighted by a mis-timed and mis-hit forehand on his first game point. Fed is fully in control of this clash now, leading by a set and a break after just 41 minutes.
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! A slow start to the second set by Mannarino as consecutive backhand errors followed by a forehand errors hand Federer three break points. Fed squanders the first with a backhand error while Mannarino saves the second with a great first serve that Federer can only return into the net. But the seventh seed does break at the third attempt with a forehand winner down the line.
- - FEDERER 6-3 - SET! Federer nets an off-balance forehand, moving backwards as he does so, to allow Mannarino to level at 30-all. But Fed is quick to recover and earn himself a set point, which he takes full advantage of with a big serve out wide that Mannarino can only return into net.
- - FEDERER 5-3 - Mannarino holds from deuce in solid style, curling his racquet around the ball and slicing the first serve out wide to draw the backhand return into the net from Federer. The seventh seed will still have a chance to serve out this set though.
- - FEDERER 5-2 - Federer races through a service hold to 15, sealing the game with an ace to leave Mannarino serving to prolong this opening set. The Frenchman won his one point in the game in style though, ghosting into the net and burying a neat forehand volley winner into the open court.
- - FEDERER 4-2 - Federer denies Mannarino on a first game point with a cheeky little forehand volley dinked just over the net for the perfect drop shot winner. Mannarino was pretty comfortably ahead at 40-15 and holds at the second attempt when Federer fails to find the court with a forehand.
- - FEDERER 4-1 - Federer levels up at 30-all with an ace before handing Mannarino an immediate break back chance with another mis-hit forehand. The Frenchman fails to take advantage of it with a forehand error, while Federer slaps down a double fault a couple of points later when he has a chance to seal the game. But a backhand error from Mannarino gifts Federer a second chance to hold and this time he does consolidate the break with a trip into the net and a forehand volley winner.
- - FEDERER 3-1 - BREAK! Federer completely shanks a forehand, drawing gasps from the crowd who them also laugh at themselves! But the seventh seed recovers quickly and fashions an early break point by unleashing a single-handed backhand winner down the line, before securing the break with a huge forehand winner.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - "Anything you can do..."! Federer matches Mannarino's love service hold with one of his own, a kicking second serve sealing the hold when the Frenchman nets a forehand return down the line.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - Wow. Mannarino is certainly not overawed by the situation as he races through a love service hold to get his side of the scoreboard ticking over.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Federer holds from 30-all with an ace and a forehand winner after a double fault and a forehand error had let Mannarino into the game. All in all a positive start from the Swiss seventh seed.
- - Federer and Mannarino are just about ready to go and it will be the former champ to get things underway by serving first...
- - Coming up next on Arthur Ashe will be five-times former winner Roger Federer, who continues his US Open campaign with a third round clash against Frenchman Adrian Mannarino.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||29/06/1988|