|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - A heartbreaking loss for Evans as he had the chance to at least push that match to a fifth set. But instead it is 31-year-old Tommy Robredo who progresses to the fourth round where he awaits the winner between Roger Federer and Adrian Mannarino. Men's drawsheet.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 7-5 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Robredo only needs the one match point, drawing Evans into the net with a forehand stop volley winner and easily covering the sliced forehand pick-up from the Brit, putting his forehand volley down the line for the passing shot winner that seals the match.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 6-5 40-all - Evans opens with a big first serve and forehand volley winner before getting a little lucky when Robredo puts a forehand wide down the line. 30-0. But an off-forehand sliced wide across court and a double fault allows Robredo back into the game. 30-all. Some great length hitting from Robredo on the next two points draws two forehands into the net from Evans and it is match point to the Spaniard ...
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 5-5 - BREAK! Evans fashions two set points to push this match to a fifth when Robredo marginally misses a forehand across court. The first goes begging on a double fault from the Brit while he also squanders the second with a forehand long. A backahnd wide down the line hands Robredo a break back point and although Evans saves it with a forehand winner, a second double hands the Spaniard a second break point and this time he gets it with a great flicked dipping forehand.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 4-5 - Robredo opens the game with a double fault (confirmed on a hawkeye challenge of his second serve). But any hope Evans might have had of breaking to seal the set are firmly dismissed straight after as the Spaniard races through the next four points to post his most comfortable hold of this fourth set with a service winner. Evans will serve for the set after the change of ends though.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 3-5 - Evans consolidates the break this time. He rattles through a very confident service hold to love, sealing the game with an ace (his eight of the match so far). Robredo will have to serve to stay in this fourth set.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 3-4 - BREAK! A huge game again from both players. Evans races up the court and fires down a forehand smash winner to earn himself a break point only for Robredo to save it with a series of brutal forehands across court, eventually drawing the forehand long from Evans. But Evans gets a second chance when Robredo goes long with a forehand of his own and this time he does re-establish the break lead, the Spaniard pulling his backhand just wide down the line.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 3-3 - BREAK! A huge game from Robredo as he wrestles his way back into this set with an immediate break back. The Spaniard produces a stunning off-forehand winner across court to bring up his first chance only for Evans to save it with a forehand winner of his own. But a backhand winner a few points later and the Spaniard has a second chance, again brought about by a forehand winner. And this time he does break back when Evans sends a forehand long.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 2-3 - BREAK! Robredo takes the first point of the game with a forehand winner and the fourth with an ace but the rest of the game is all about Evans as he rattles off two forehand winners and a backhand winner to bring up a break point. And one break point is all the Brit needs to get ahead in this set; he hits a huge forehand approach shot and easily puts away the sliced backhand volley winner to seal the break.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 2-2 - Evans also posts a love service hold to keep all the pressure on Robredo, who is clearly struggling physically. The Spaniard wanted an injury timeout for treatment to his thigh but is told he can't have one for cramp, he can only have a massage during the change of ends. Again the Spaniard argues with the umpire and all that is doing is sending a message to Evans that his opponent is troubled.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 2-1 - Robredo asked for the trainer again and was not too happy when he was told he would have to wait until the change of ends after his service game. This time, though, the Spaniard races through a love service hold to sneak back ahead again. He will be much happier with that game.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 1-1 - Evans has completely turned the momentum of this match around as he races through a service hold to 15, indulging in a spot of serve and volley and burying his forehand volley into the open court.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 1-0 - Robredo had the trainer out during the change of ends, while Evans went off court for a comfort break. He comes out for the fourth set and immediately finds himself facing break points as Evans leaps up to put away a smash winner. Robredo denies evens with an ace and a service winner before going on to hold when Evans nets a backhand.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-6 - SET! Wow! Evans serves out the set to love, sealing it with an ace. What an impressive comeback from the Brit, who just a few games ago, looked like he was beaten.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-5 - BREAK! Fantastic from Evans as, out of nowhere, produces a sensational return game, leaping all over the Robredo serve and being gifted a break point with the Spaniard slaps down a double fault. Evans ghosts into the net on the break point and slices a backhand winner into the open court to snatch the break. He will serve for the third set after the change of ends.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-4 - The Spaniard is on a roll now as he makes things really tricky for Evans as he forces his way back into the game after the Brit thinks he's comfortable at 40-0 up. But Robredo can't quite force a break point and Evans goes on to hold eventually with a big serve that the Spaniard can only return into the net.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 4-3 - Robredo races through another service game to love, finalising the game with an ace to keep all the pressure on Evans as this set (and possibly the match) reaches crunch point.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 3-3 - Robredo races through another love service hold with an ace thrown in just for good measure before Evans responds with a comfortable service hold of his own, firing down a smash in the middle that should help with his frustration.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 2-2 - Evans enjoys his easiest service game since the first set as he holds to 15 when Robredo misses a backhand.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 2-1 - Robredo races through his service hold this time around, holding to 15 in double quick time and sealing the game when Evans sends a backhand long. The Brit throws his racquet in frustration.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 1-1 - Evans is starting to get frustrated now as he is pushed to deuce before producing a booming ace to hold. The Brit should take heart from the fact he prevented Robredo from earning himself a break point in that game as he was really threatening.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 1-0 - Robredo opens the third set with a forehand winner before Evans makes life really tricky for the Spaniard, pushing him to 30 before Robredo can bounce back to hold with a big serve that Evans can't return in play.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 6-1 - SET! A forehand error from Evans allows Robredo to level at 30-all before the Spaniard brings up a first set point with a huge forehand winner down the line. And another forehand winner, this time across court, seals the two sets to love lead for the Spaniard.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 5-1 - Another quick and easy service hold from Robredo is sealed with another service winner and Evans will have to serve to stay in this second set after the change of ends.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 4-1 - BREAK! Evans looks a step slow as he is struggles to get to the ground-strokes of Robredo, hitting two forehand errors and a backhand error to hand the Spaniard two more break points. And another forehand error from the racquet of Evans does hand Robredo the double break in this second set. It's a long way back for the Brit now.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 3-1 - Robredo really is beginning to look comfortable now as he eases through another service without any troubles at all. The Spaniard fires down back to back aces to seal the game and Evans is starting to look.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 2-1 - A double fault from Evans hands Robredo a point for the double break but the Brit manages to battle back and go on hold with two huge serves out to the backhand wing of Robredo, the Spaniard hitting errors of both of them.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 2-0 - Robredo eases through a service hold to consolidate the break, an ace from the Spaniard sealing the hold to 15.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) 1-0 - BREAK! Robredo opens the set with a blistering forehand winner before going on to earn an early after a backhand error from Evans, who left the court to change clothes after the end of that first set. The Brit saves it with a great forehand that Robredo can't return in play but he gets a second chance and this time does secure the early break when Evans nets a backhand volley.
- - ROBREDO 7-6(6) - SET! Early nerves from Evans as he falls a mini-break down at the change of ends. But the Brit battles back with a couple of huge forehands to level up at 6-6. But in the end the pressure gets a bit much for him and consecutive forehand's looped long from the Brit hands Robredo the first set.
- - ROBREDO 6-6 - Back-to-back aces from Evans seals a service hold to 30 to secure the tie-break end to this first set. Great work from Evans.
- - ROBREDO 6-5 - Robredo is forced to save a break point, but does so with a huge inside out across court before going on to hold and ensure that this set ends in a tie-break at the very least.
- - ROBREDO 5-5 - Robredo stops mid-point to challenge a forehand down the centre of the court from Evans that he thinks should have been called long. Robredo was right over the ball and hawkeye proves he was right to challenge. A netted forehand on the next point from Evans hands Robredo two set points but the Brit saves them both by serving and volleying on both. A forehand winner across court then earns Evans a game point and he holds to level up when the Spaniard hits wide.
- - ROBREDO 5-4 - Robredo enjoys his most comfortable service game of the match so far, holding to 15 when Evans fails to land his slightly wild forehand inside the baseline. The Brit will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends.
- - ROBREDO 4-4 - A fantastic dipping forehand passing shot down the line on the run from Robredo just disappears from Evans' sightline as he crawls up over the net. The Brit does actually just get a racquet to it but can't get the ball back over the net and Robredo has a 15-30 lead. The Spaniard is handed a break point when Evans slaps down a double fault but the Brit saves it with a big serve before going on to hold without the loss of another point.
- - ROBREDO 4-3 - Evans brings up another break point with a blisteringly aggresive forehand winner, inside out across court. But Robredo is equal to the task and produces a forehand winner of his own to level at deuce before going on to hold, ghosting into the net at game point and dinking a forehand volley winner over into the open court.
- - ROBREDO 3-3 - Evans is clearly keen to keep the points short today and makes three consecutive points into the match, firing down smash winners on the first two before also finding a forehand volley winner to bring up game points. A backhand error squanders the first but he still has one left and this time does hold when Robredo fails to land a backhand return.
- - ROBREDO 3-2 - A forehand winner from Evans sees him take the first point on the Robredo serve and then a double fault from the Spaniard sees Evans sneak 0-30 ahead. But Robredo rushes through the rest of the game, holding with an ace without dropping another point.
- - ROBREDO 2-2 - Evans races into the net only to dump his slightly too relaxed backhand volley into the net to hand Robredo another break point. The Brit saves it with a great first serve before Robredo's attempted backhand lob return of serve drops just long after catching Evans on his way to the net. And a forehand winner from the Brit seals the game to double hit output and secuer his first hold of the night.
- - ROBREDO 2-1 - BREAK! Evans earns himself an immediate break back point with a hawkeye challenge on an inside out cross court forehand from the Spaniard that was called in. But the challenges shows it was just out and Evans secure the break back at the first attempt when Robredo nets a forehad.
- - ROBREDO 2-0 - BREAK! A nervy start from Evans as he fails to find a single first serve in the game to quickly find himself staring at two break points. Robredo only needs the one though, blocking his second serve backhand return back into play and watching as Evans slices a poor backhand drop shot attempt into the net.
- - ROBREDO 1-0 - A good solid start from Robredo as he holds to 30 with a big serve that draws the error from Evans on the second shot, a forehand long.
- - The players are just about through their warm-up and it will be the Spaniard to get things underway by serving first...
- - Coming up in a few minutes on Louis Armstrong is Britain's Dan Evans against Spanish 19th seed Tommy Robredo.
|Date of Birth||01/05/1982|
|Date of Birth||23/05/1990|