|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! World number one Novak Djokovic is safely through to the second round with a straight sets win over Ricardas Berankis, the Lithuanian slicing a backhand wide across court to end the match. Just an hour and 22 minutes needed for the world number one, who will next face Germany's Benjamin Becker, a 6-3 3-6 6-3 6-4 winner over Lukas Rosol just moments ago. Men's drawsheet.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 5-2 - BREAK! Berankis's resurgence is only temporary as he immediately drops serve once again, putting an inside out forehand volley wide across court. Djokovic will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 4-2 - BREAK! Again Djokovic finds himself staring at a break point when he pulls a cross court backhand approach shot wide. And this time Berankis finally does get a break back with a huge injection of pace on a forehand down the line followed by a forehand drop shot which Djokovic cannot get back up and over the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 3-0 - BREAK! After a tough service game in which Djokovic was forced to battle back from two break points down, the world number one races through another service break, sealing the double break to love, after a netted backhand from the Lithuanian.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! Berankis puts up a real fight in the opening game of this third, and surely final, set but he still can't hold on to his serve and Djokovic secures yet another break when the Lithuanian throws in another backhand error.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 - SET! Djokovic only needs the one chance to serve out this second set, taking the game to love with a forehand winner.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-2 - BREAK! Djokovic continues to eases through this match with very little worries at all as he breaks for a second time in this second set, breaking to love after consecutive forehand errors from the former junior US Open champion
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Djokovic opens the second set in exactly the same manner in which he finished the first, breaking to further extend his lead. The world number one opens the set with a forehand winner before Berankis nets a backhand volley to concede his serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 - SET! A tougher service game for Djokovic as Berankis pushes him to deuce before a smash winner, a service winner and an ace seal the world number one wrap up the first set in just 23 minutes.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - BREAK! Berankis saves a first break point with an ace but he can't deny Djokovic on the second as well and the world number one secures the double break with a forehand winner. He will serve for the opening set next
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! World number one Novak Djokovic has made a flying start to his US Open campaign, breaking Berankis in just the second game. The Serb brought up break point with a forehand volley winner before sealing the early advantage when Berankis failed to find the court with a forehand.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||21/06/1990|