No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So defending champion Andy Murray has safely navigated his first test at the US Open and is through to the second round in impressive form as where he takes on Leonardo Mayer, a 7-6 6-4 3-6 7-6 winner over Victor Hanescu earlier in the day. Men's drawsheet.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Llodra flings himself at a forehand volley which he angles across court but Murray ends up chasing the ball down to bring up three match points. He only needs the one though, getting up to a stop volley drop shot from Llodra and dinking the ball up and over the Frenchman, who, knowing the match is gone, tosses his racquet up in the air fruitlessly.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 5-3 - Murray was looking a little tired during the sit-down at the change of ends, understandably so as it's been a long day, and a lacklustre service game hands Llodra a break point. Murray saves it with a big serve and an inside out forehand winner across court off the short return from Llodra. And then he goes on to hold when Llodra nets an agressive but ultimately ill-advised return. Llodra will have to serve to stay in the match next.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 4-3 - Murray pushes Llodra to deuce but he can't fashion a chance to secure the double break, instead netting a forehand return and then putting another return long to help the Frenchman to hold and keep this match alive for another couple of games at least.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 4-2 - Murray holds to love himself potentially just two games away from a place in the second round; a serve out wide doing the damage as Llodra can only return the ball wide down the backhand wing.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 3-2 - Llodra earns himself a game point with a big first serve that Murray cannot return in play. And from there the Frenchman holds, to keep the deficit just the one break, with a big serve out wide and then basically another serve (smash) back out to the same point after a lofted, defensive backhand return across court from Murray.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 3-1 - Murray puts a little too casual a backhand drop shot into the net to squander a first game point which Llodra denies him on the second with some of his best play of the night, drawing Murray up to the net with a drop shot before sending the Brit scampering back with a lob and then putting away the easy volley in the open court. Murray was 40-0 up though and holds at the third attempt with an ace.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 2-1 - BREAK! Llodra nets a tired looking forehand to hand Murray two more break points. The Frenchman saves the first but an inside out forehand return of serve passing shot winner across court seals the second for Murray who is now two sets to love up and a break.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 1-1 - Murray races through another service hold of his own, toying with Llodra as he sends him scampering from one side of the court to the other, eventually overstretching the Frenchman and drawing the error.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 0-1 - Llodra grimaces as he challenges a forehand from Murray: the Frenchman wants the ball to be called out but he's not sure and hawkeye confirms his suspicions that the ball in fact caught the back of the line. It squanders a game point but Llodra picks up both of the next two points to hold, after a stunning cross court drop shot and then forehand into the open court after Murray had done brilliantly to get up to the ball.
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 - SET! A short return from Llodra is duly punished by Murray as he moves up the court and thumps a forehand passing shot winner down the line. That's two sets to love for Murray and it's a long way back for Llodra from here.
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-4 - Murray levels at deuce with a backhand passing shot attempt and forehand approach shot volley winner down the line. Llodra earns himself another game point though and this time he takes it with a good serve out wide that Murray can only return wide on the backhand across court. That stops the run of five games against Llodra but Murray will serve for the set after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-3 - Murray holds to love for his fifth straight game with a high forehand passing shot attempt that Llodra can only return into the net on the shoulder-height forehand volley. The Frenchman really should have done better with that and he will now have to serve to stay in this second set.
- - MURRAY 6-2 4-3 - BREAK! Murray attempts to break to love but misses a forehand return across court to help Llodra at least save one of the break points. It's only a short respite though as the Frenchman, despite a sensational half-volley pick-up mid-point, drops his serve on the second by putting a forehand volley wide.
- - MURRAY 6-2 3-3 - Murray races through a blink-and-you'll-miss-it service hold to love with some brutal serving that Llodra simply cannot deal with.
- - MURRAY 6-2 2-3 - BREAK! A fanastic returning game from Murray as he produces back-to-back winners - a backhand followed by a forehand - to snatch the break back and get things back on level terms, albeit with the Brit still trailing by a game.
- - MURRAY 6-2 1-3 - Not an easily servie game for Murray but he holds from 30-all by moving up to the net and apply some pressure on the Llodra groundstrokes and sure enough the Frenchman does make the forehand error.
- - MURRAY 6-2 0-3 - LLodra really has found his service range in this second set and fires down a service winner to hold and consolidate the break to love. Really impressive stuff from the Frenchman.
- - MURRAY 6-2 0-2 - BREAK! A drop volley from Murray goes wide (confirmed by a hawkeye challenge) to hand Llodra two break points early in this second set. He only needs the one though as he slaps a forehand long to end a building rally. Llodra has the break in this second set.
- - MURRAY 6-2 0-1 - Llodra opens the set with a smash winner before Murray responds with a blistering backhand return winner. The Frenchman recovers his composure though, quickly enough to hold for the opening game of the second set.
- - MURRAY 6-2 - SET! Murray thinks he's sealed the set with an ace out wide, only for Llodra to challenge and have the call overturned. The Frenchman then pegs Murray back by a point with a stuning backhand return winner across court. But the Brit serves out the set at the second attempt, in less than half an hour, when Llodra nets a return.
- - MURRAY 5-2 - BREAK! Exhibition stuff from Murray on the return as he fires a backhand return over the net before following it in and easily putting away a backhand volley winner to bring up two more break points. It only takes the one though as Llodra, clearly still thinking about a couple of those returns, slaps down a double fault.
- - MURRAY 4-2 - Murray races through a love service hold to sneak out in front once more. That was a very impressive service game from the Brit, who even at this early stage looks like a decent bet to defend his title.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - Llodra reduces the deficit once again with a hold to 30 after Murray netted a forehand. The Brit denies Llodra on his first game point with another brutal rally, rushing the net and drawing the error from the Frenchman. These two are playing fast - they have already been waiting for three hours and are clearly in no mood to wait longer than they have to now.
- - MURRAY 3-1 - Llodra nets a backhand volley to hand Murray a game point from 30-all once again before a regulation backhand error from the Frenchman sees the Brit hold and mraintain his break advantage without too much trouble.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - A much better serving display from Llodra as he races through a love service hold by forcing Murray into four consecutive errors.
- - MURRAY 2-0 - Murray makes another trip into the net and finds a forehand volley winner to bring up a game point from 30-all. And a big serve seals the game for the Brit as it puts Llodra on the backfoot so he is never really in the rally.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - BREAK! An absolutely stunning point to open the match with both players ending up at the net, Murray eventually sealing it with a flicked backhand smash winner right on to the line across court. And from there Murray goes on to make the perfect start, breaking the Frenchman's serve with a great return that his opponent can only slap long in reply.
- - Murray and Llodra are just about ready to go and it will be the Frenchman to get the clash underway by serving first after winning the toss.
- - Play has resumed again after that brief delay with Murray and Llodra now due on court in about 10 minutes time.
- - Well, we say 20 minutes but it's not raining again. It's only light rain but nonetheless it's been enough to stop play on a number of courts, albeit it with players not yet leaving the courts just returning to the chairs.
- - With the conclusion of that DelPo match, it now means we can finally look forward to Andy Murray opening his title defence against Michael Llodra in about 20 minutes time. It'll be 20 minutes because they have to empty out the day crowd and let in the night crowd before play can begin.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||18/05/1980|