|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 3-6 6-0 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Djokovic wraps up the fourth and final set with a bagel to secure a place in the semi final where he will face the man who ended Andy Murray's campaign, the in-form Stanislas Wawrinka. The world number one took Youzhny to deuce before making his second match point count with a ferocious forehand winner. That's 14 Grand Slam semis on the spin for Novak - an incredible achievement.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 3-6 5-0 - Youzhny makes a belated effort to hit back on the top seed's serve. He manages to push Djokovic to deuce but the Serbian is in no mood to dither and fizzes a sweeping forehand down the line to move within moments of the last four.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 3-6 4-0 - BREAK! That's too good from Djokovic. The double break will surely mean curtains for Youzhny, who only has himself to blame. A comfortable service game is turned on its head as Novak fights back to deuce before unleashing a stunning forehand to land a crushing blow to the Russian's hopes.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 3-6 3-0 - After such a wonderful third set, the match has resorted back to the procession that saw Novak roar through the first two. Youzhny offers no resistance as the top seed takes the game to love. It's a very long road back for Mischa now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 3-6 2-0 - BREAK! Youzhny's worst fears are realised as the Serbian puts a huge dent in his hopes, clinching the game on the second of his three break points. That was clinical.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 3-6 1-0 - There's a look on Novak's face that suggests it's no more Mr nice guy and he is doing his best to burst the Youzhny bubble. The Russian is buzzing at the moment but sees an attempted drop shot walloped back across court by Djokovic. It's a wasted opening for the Colonel who is dismissed to 30 when he fires a forehand into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 3-6 - SET! Magnificent from Youzhny. The Russian gets his reward for some gritty yet inspired play to hold his nerve and serve out the first set. It's the first one the world number one has dropped at this year's US Open. We have a match on our hands now. There's a real belief about the 31-year-old's play, but he has to maintain this momentum going into the fourth.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 3-5 - BREAK! This set is a microcosm of what the whole match should have been. Youzhny has played some outstanding points at times and none have been better than the forehand that gave him the initiative at the start of this game. The Russian has made the top seed play some drawn out rallies throughout and is finally getting some joy. A triple-break point provides the Colonel with the opportunity to re-establish some breathing space and he makes it count.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 3-4 - BREAK! It was almost inevitable wasn't it? The Russian looked home and dry at 40-0 but visibly tightened up as the world number one cranked up the heat. Four points on the spin earned him that precious break back point and he made it count when Youzhny crashed a shot long after a punishing rally.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 2-4 - Djokovic wraps up his service game to 15 with a sweeping crosscourt forehand. That went far too quickly from the Russian's point of view. Novak hasn't dropped a set at this tournament yet and he won't want to start now. Expect him to pile on the pressure at some point in the next few games.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 1-4 - Do we suddenly have a match on our hands? Youzhny is starting to get a few scraps of luck on the big points and holds to 15 when Djokovic fizzes inches wide following a truly outstanding rally.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 1-3 - BREAK! Brilliant from Youzhny. Another stunning rally ends with the 21st seed steering an unbelievable shot on the run down the line. It gives the Russian the early edge and he sets up his seventh break point that ends in more disappointment when Djokovic crashes down a searing overhead. But this time the 31-year-old wasn't to be denied and another barnstorming rally finally saw him break when Djokovic was forced to fire long on the run.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 1-2 - An important hold for Youzhny who keeps Djokovic at bay at 40-30 to edge ahead in the third. Early breaks have really cost him so far in this match, so it was crucial that he didn't make another poor start.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 1-1 - Rampant play by Djokovic who races through his opening service game to take it to love. The final point is another one that has the crowd on their feet as the Serbian produces some neat work at the net, only for the ball to spin off the top of it and drop within a whisker of giving the Russian some hope. The point is awarded to Novak whose relieved expression draws a few giggles from his fans in the crowd.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 0-1 - The third set starts with an incredible point as both players pull out some sensational last-ditch volleys. Youzhny eventually wins it with a deft flick of the racket and it gives him the confidence to go on and secure the hold. An intelligent crosscourt drop shot has Novak scampering and Mischa finishes it off with a vicious serve the world number one can only prod into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-2 - SET! The top seed makes it two sets to love with an accomplished service game to 15. Youzhny had a glimmer of hope in a lengthy rally at 30-15 but ultimately came up short before firing long off a powerful first serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-2 - A wayward forehand at 15-30 offers Youzhny some much-needed respite and he brings his five-game losing streak to an end with a hold to 30. Novak will now serve for the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-1 - Youzhny is asking a lot of questions of that Djokovic serve but so far Novak has had the answer every time. The Russian brings up breaks points five and six but the world number one has nerves of steel. The forehands come thick and fast, leaving Youzhny empty-handed once again.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-1 - BREAK! The Djoker recovers from his own scare to turn up the heat on the Youzhny serve. The Russian does well to fend off one break point but struggles under the relentless barrage of Djokovic blows and is soon faced with another. This time he's hugely unfortunate as the Serbian's shot down the line cracks against the net before bobbling over. A double break and it's surely only a matter of time until he claims set number two now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-1 - You can't fault Youzhny's attitude. He's giving it everything and is doing his best to go toe-to-toe with the Djoker. Only a step up in quality from the world number one, at key moments, has stopped him from making an impact. At 30-40 he stretches the Serbian in a marathon rally but can't quite strike the killer blow. A shot into the net hands Djokovic a reprieve and he repeats the trick moments later to leave himself exasperated.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-1 - BREAK! A disastrous service game for Youzhny as he misfires to give Djokovic three break points. The Russian manages to save one but fizzes a forehand too long in the next rally to provide the number one seed with another early break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-1 - Djokovic responds with a service game to love that lasts all of two and a half minutes. Impressive stuff.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 0-1 - Good mental strength from Youzhny as he fights off a break point to hold. The Russian trades blows with Djokovic in some close rallies and eventually comes out on top when the Serbian drags a crosscourt forehand wide.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET! The world number one fails to make the most of two set points and is pushed to deuce when Youzhny wins an epic rally. The Russian then wastes a chance to break before the Djoker turns the tables to snare the set at the third time of asking when he follows up a big serve with a forehand that Mischa miscues into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - Youzhny produces a fine service game that forces Djokovic to fire long and hand him a 40-15 lead. The Serbian changes tact and pushes into the net again but this time he can only guide a defensive volley into the net. Novak to serve for the set then.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - Routine stuff for Novak as he edges closer to securing this first set, romping home to 15. The Serbian is moving into the net at every opportunity and Youzhny is struggling to keep his passing shots inside the tramlines.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - Mischa handles playing against the wind much better on this occasion as he benefits from four Djokovic miscues to hold to love.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - Wonderful play by the Djoker as he maintains his advantage with a hold to 15. These two are treating us to some extended rallies at times and Youzhny came close to levelling it at 30-30 but was undone by a sensational backhand winner across court that Djokovic delivered on the stretch.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - A stunning point at 15-30 has the crowd on its feet as Djokovic sends the 31-year-old on the run with two testing lobs. The Russian responds both times and forces the world number one to play one more volley that he gets completely wrong at the net. It is a big moment in the game as Youzhny battles back to get on the board with a decisive single-handed backhand winner.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - Djokovic eases into a 40-0 lead but suffers a mini lapse that allows the Russian to pull two points back. The Serbian is disappointed with a volley he struggles to control in the windy conditions but recovers in the next point to consolidate the break.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! A woeful first service game from the Colonel gifts Djokovic the break to love as he fires a tame forehand into the net. Those missed chances on the Serbian's serve come back to haunt the Russian with immediate effect.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Reason for optimism for Youzhny who pushes the world number one all the way in his opening service game. The Russian wastes two break points and is duly punished as the Serbian executes a wonderful volley before a searing forehand sees him through a tricky test.
- - DID YOU KNOW? Youzhny has faced a world number one on 10 occasions in his career. The 'Colonel' is yet to triumph, but perhaps this is a day for the underdog? We shall soon find out as the players warm up ahead of the first service game of the match.
- - Youzhny comes into this match looking to book a place in his third US Open semi final. Of course, it'll be a tall order against the Djoker, who has yet to drop a set at this year's tournament and has only been broken three times. Indeed, this is the Serbian's 18th straight Grand Slam quarter final. He is bidding to reach the last four of a major for the 14th time on the spin.
- - Head-to-head: Djokovic 5-3 Youzhny. They last met at the Monte Carlo Masters earlier this year with Djokovic winning in three hard-fought sets.
- - Stanislas Wawrinka awaits the winner of this clash after the ninth seed upset defending champion Andy Murray with a rampant straight sets triumph earlier.
- - The final match of the men's quarter-finals will get underway at Arthur Ashe Stadium shortly. World number one Novak Djokovic will be hoping to reach a seventh straight US Open semi final at the expense of Russian veteran Mikhail Youzhny.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||25/06/1982|