No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 7-5 6-3 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! World number four David Ferrer is safely through to the second round, sealing the match with an ace out wide against 18-year-old Aussie Kyrgios (playing in just his second Grand Slam match). Next up for Ferrer will be compatriot Roberto Bautista, an earlier 6-3 6-2 6-2 winner over Brazil's Thomaz Bellucci. Men's drawsheet.
- - FERRER 7-5 6-3 5-2 - BREAK! Ferrer leaves himself potentially just one game away from the second round as he breaks when Kyrgios nets a forehand. The Spaniard will serve for the match next.
- - FERRER 7-5 6-3 - SET! Ferrer serves out the second set without too much trouble. Kyrgios, the current junior world number one, is be no means being totally outplayed but this match is backing up the general concern surrounding him at the moment, that he's not yet strong enough to compete consistently at this level.
- - FERRER 7-5 2-0 - BREAK! A good serve from Kyrgios comes back at him so fast that he's almost not expecting it and as a result he shanks his forehand approach shot long to gift Ferrer the early break in this second set.
- - FERRER 7-5 - SET! Spaniard Ferrer has taken the first set in the 12th game from young Aussie Kyrgios, who is both the junior boys Australian Open champion and junior boys doubles Wimbledon champion at the moment.
- - FERRER 5-4 - BREAK! Ferrer loops a forehand up into the air that sits right up for Kyrgios to batter away with a forehand down the line after backing away from the ball to grab the immediate break back. He'll still have to serve to stay in this opening set though.
- - FERRER 5-3 - BREAK! Ferrer whips a dipping cross court backhand over the net to seal a break at the first opportunity to leave himself serving for the opening set.
|Date of Birth||27/04/1995|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|