|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 7-6 (4) - GAME, SET & MATCH! Both players give it their all in a pulsating tie break, but it's Isner who prevails. A stonking ace sets him up on the Monfils serve and he makes the match point count with a volley that the Frenchman can only steer into the net. Isner will now meet the German, Philipp Kohlschreiber in round three.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 6-6 - TIE BREAK - It's deja vu as Isner takes a 30-0 lead on the Monfils serve. The crowd call for one last push from their homegrown hero but again the French star responds to take four points on the run and force the tie break.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 6-5 - More magnificent serving sees Isner take the game to love with two aces and some clever volleying at the net. Ace count: 22.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 5-5 - Monfils double faults to give Isner a sniff of victory at 0-30. But the French ace finds his feet again and wins four points in succession to hold.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 5-4 - Three aces and a slam dunk turns the heat up on Monfils, who has to hold serve to stay in this match. Isner has now clocked up 20 aces over the four sets.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 4-4 - A sensational point gets us underway as Monfils somehow picks up a cute volley from Isner and gets the winner out of sheer determination. From then on it's one-way traffic as Monfils holds to love. Isner has won just three points on the Frenchman's service in this set.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 4-3 - Some fine serve and volleying just about puts Isner in the boxseat once again. Ace number 17 gives him a 40-30 lead and he follows it up with another blockbuster that Monfils can only guide wide of the line.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 3-3 - With Isner's mobility clearly hampered, Monfils romps to a comfortable service hold. At this point, the clever money would be on a tie break or a late Monfils break to take it to five sets. We'll see.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 3-2 - Isner is hanging in there with those big serves and edges ahead once more in this fourth set. He wins a challenge at the baseline to take the game for the loss of just one point.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 2-2 - Whatever injury Isner appears to have picked up, it's acted as a real leveller. Monfils is enjoying himself and teases a spectator by pointing him out as the man guilty of a camera flash that unsettled Isner. The Frenchman returns to the court and wins the game to love.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 2-1 - Isner doesn't look like a happy bunny but he's still pulling off some big serves and takes this game with an ace that settles it to 15. The 13th seed calls for the trainer as he takes his seat and is given a vigorous massage of his upper leg.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 1-1 - Monfils pulls off a big hold of serve after trailing 0-30. The Frenchman has the big American chasing around the court and eventually finishes him off with a deft volley.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 1-0 - Isner gets off to a good start in the fourth after clearing his head in a lengthy delay between sets.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-6 - SET - Monfils wraps up the set with an ace to take the game to love. The Frenchman's challenge is still very much alive as we approach the two-hour mark for this encounter.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-5 - BREAK - Monfils wins a big challenge on Isner's second serve to lead 0-30. The American then volleys into the net to set up three break points. The home crowd surprisingly chant their support for the French maverick and he responds by claiming his first break of the contest with a thumping forehand Isner can only volley into the net.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-4 - The towering American has used up all of his challenges and looks frustrated at a line call that sees his shot ruled as out. It means Monfils holds to love in what was a rare, routine service game for him.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 4-3 - This really is a contrast of styles. The ruthless power of Isner against the mercurial but erratic talents of the Frenchman. The two players enjoy a moment of humour over a questionable line call, but it's Isner who regains focus the quickest to see out the game to 30.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 3-3 - Monfils saves a break point on his own serve with a stunning forehand volley and eventually holds thanks to two wild passing shots from the American.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 3-2 - Isner fends off a really strong challenge by Monfils to hold serve.
- - ISNER 7-5 6-2 SET - America's great hope races into a two-set lead as Monfils double faults to hand him the vital point.
- - ISNER 7-5 SET! A hard-hitting first set goes the way of the giant American, who broke Monfils at 6-5 after wasting a glorious break point prior to deuce. The Frenchman thought he had saved himself but Isner dug deep and finally made it count to avoid a tie break.
|Date of Birth||26/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||01/09/1986|