|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - WAWRINKA 6-3 6-3 6-7(1) 7-6(7) - GAME, SET & MATCH! Switzerland's ninth seed Stanislas Wawrinka is safely through the to fourth round where he will face Tomas Berdych, the fifth seed. Wawrinka has come through an epic fourth set breaker 9-7 when Baghdatis nets a forehand return. Men's drawsheet.
- - WAWRINKA 6-3 6-2 6-7(1) - SET! Wawrinka was forced to save a break point when serving for the tie-break and has thrown in a shockingly poor breaker. The Swiss quickly finds himself a triple mini-break down as Baghdatis races out to a 5-1 lead heading into the change of ends, Wawrinka's only point coming courtesy of a sliced backhand volley winner. 5-1 quickly becomes six set points when Wawrinka pulls a forehand wide across court. And a forehand approach shot winner from Baghdatis seals it.
- - WAWRINKA 6-3 6-2 - SET! A second double fault in the set from Wawrinka hands Baghdatis a slim chance of getting the one of the breaks back. But the Swiss ninth seed quickly slams the door shut with a forehand winner and a big serve that Baghdatis can only return into the net. And a forehand into the net, while Baghdatis is going for the forehand down the line, hands Wawrinka the second set.
- - WAWRINKA 6-3 5-2 - BREAK! Wawrinka will serve for a two sets to love lead after securing the double break. The Swiss player pushes Baghdatis to deuce but then doesn't have to do too much to secure the break as the Cypriot nets a backhand to gift him the break point before firing an inside out forehand long and wide across court to concede his serve.
- - WAWRINKA 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Wawrinka unleashes one of his single-handed cross court backhand winner to level at 30-all on the Baghdatis serve. The Cypriot then dumps a backhand into the net to hand Wawrinka another break. And the Swiss does go a break up early in this second set when Baghdatis sends a forehand sailing long of the baseline.
- - WAWRINKA 6-3 - SET! An ace from Wawrinka brings up two set points. But he only needs the one, sealing the set to 15, when Baghdatis's second serve return clatters off the umpire's chair and back into the court.
- - WAWRINKA 5-3 - BREAK! Baghdatis hits his 10th unforced error to hand Wawrinka three more break points. The Cypriot saves the first with a blistering backhand passing shot down the line and the second with a big serve that Wawrinka can only return long. He also saves the third with a terrific, agressive point and a fourth when Wawrinka hits long. A fifth also goes begging as does a sixth but he finally breaks at the seventh attempt when Baghdatis nets a defensive backhand.
- - WAWRINKA 3-3 - BREAK! Wawrinka breaks straight back to get this opening set back on level terms. Baghdatis sends a backhand long of the line to hand the ninth seed a break back point, which Wawrinka takes full advantage of - backing away from the ball and firing an inside-out forehand winner across court.
- - WAWRINKA 2-3 - BREAK! Baghdatis makes the first moves in the match, breaking in the fifth game with a big forehand down the line that Wawrinka can only net in reply.
- - Already underway over on Louis Armstrong is ninth seed Stanislas Wawrinka's clash against unseeded Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis. They have two holds apeice to their name so far.
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|
|Date of Birth||17/06/1985|