|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 6-2 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! A backhand winner, a forehand winner, an ace and a service winner from Djokovic in quick succession seals the win for the world number one who is through to face either Jarkko Nieminen or Joao Sousa in the third round. Men's drawsheet.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 6-2 5-2 - BREAK! Djokovic gets a little lucky when his mis-hit return goes for a winner and brings up three more break points. Only the one is needed though as Becker slaps down a double fault to concede his serve for a second time in this set. Djokovic will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 6-2 4-2 - Djokovic posts his second love service game of the match to consolidate the hold, sealing the game with an ace and surely that is the world number one through to the third round now? It's a long way back for Becker from here.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 6-2 3-2 - BREAK! After the disappointment of failing to break in that previous game, Becker seems to struggle with his rhythm and drops his serve for just the one point on a forehand error.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 6-2 2-2 - Djokovic throws in aces when trailing love-15 and 15-30 before also producing aces to earn a game point from deuce and then to seal the game. He also throws in a double fault though in a mixed game.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 6-2 1-2 - Becker's turn to post a service hold to 15 this time, drawing Djokovic into the net before producing a dipping inside out forehand that the world number one can only return into the net on a backhand volley.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 6-2 1-1 - Djokovic throws in another ace, his sixth of the day so far, as he holds for the loss of one point again to put all the pressure back on Becker's underfire serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 6-2 0-1 - Becker attempts to mix things up with a backhand drop but overdoes the side slice and sends the ball wide. The German then puts a forehand long to hand Djokovic two early break points in this third set. The first goes begging for the world number one when he nets a forehand, and then also the second when he thumps a forehand return well long. And Becker goes on to hold when Djokovic nets another forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 6-2 - SET! Djokovic serves out the match to love in double quick time, firing down a huge serve out wide before ghosting into the net and putting a backhand volley back behind Becker, who was trying to scamper back to the middle of the court.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 5-2 - BREAK! Djokovic earns himself another break point with a backhand winner rattled down the line. This time he has no trouble at all breaking the German's serve, racing up to the net and hammering a backhand volley into the empty court. Djokovic will serve for the second set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 4-2 - Djokovic is looking more and more comfortable on serve now and has stopped flashing irritated looks towards his camp as much. He holds to 15 for a second successive game to maintain his break advantage in this set.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 3-2 - Another battling service hold from Becker just about keeps him in this set, Djokovic netting a forehand to concede the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 3-1 - Djokovic has little trouble in holding once again, dropping just the one point in the game as Becker sends an inside out backhand well wide across court.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 2-1 - Djokovic's body language is not great as he shrugs his shoulder at his camp on the walk back to the chair after sending a forehand long to help Becker hold and get his side of the scoreboard ticking over once more.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 2-0 - Djokovic consolidates the break with a hold to 30, working Becker around the baseline and eventually prompting the lofted defensive forehand from the German, a forehand that drops midway out into the tramlines.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) 1-0 - BREAK! Real concentration from Djokovic in the opening couple of points to earn himself two chances to secure the early break. The first is saved by Becker with an excellent serve that the world number one fails to retun in play. But he does break at the second attempt on a forehand long from Becker.
- - DJOKOVIC 7-6(2) - SET! Djokovic nowhere near his best in this opening set but he's rescued it after saving two set points. A poor tie-break from the German doesn't help matters and the world number one seals it with a forehand right on to the baseline that Becker can only send long down the centre of the court.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-6 (4-2) - TIE-BREAK! Brilliant length from Becker with a forehand but he can't follow it up and nets a backhand to gift Djokovic the mini-break before addign to his own trouble with a cross court forehand well wide to hand the world number one a comfortable lead heading into the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-6 - Fantastic from Becker as he cruises through a service hold to 15, sealing the game with an ace to force the first set tie-break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-5 - Much more like the world number one in this 11th game as he holds for the loss of just the one point with some huge ground-strokes that Becker cannot cope with. The next game will be crucial for the German as he has to serve to stay in the set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-5 - BREAK! Becker goes for a big forehand across court but overdoes it, pushing the ball wide, to hand Djokovic a break back point. The German saves it with a huge forehand well inside the line, beating Djokovic for pace, before fashioning a set point with a service winner. A netted forehand squanders it but Becker earns himself a second chance with a couple of outstanding backhand volleys. Again the chance goes begging and Djokovic goes on to break when Becker nets a backhand.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-5 - BREAK! Wow! Djokovic completely loses his rhythm, a double fault in particular costing the world number one as it hands Becker a break point. Becker then also gets a second serve to look at and really goes for it, putting Djokovic on the back-foot and eventually drawing the backhand error from the Serb. Becker will serve for the first set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-4 - Great from Becker as he holds to 15 with very little trouble, working Djokovic from side-to-side before producing a forehand winner inside-out across court.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - A couple of huge forehand winners, the first off the baseline out wide across court and the second an inside-out winner from mid-court, followed by a bakchand winner across court help Djokovic on his way to a comfortable enough service hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - A backhand wide across court from Becker gives Djokovic his first look at a break as he goes 15-30 up. That quickly turns into two break points. But Djokovic squanders them both and then also a third with a backhand into the net and Becker then goes on to hold when Djokovic nets a backhand.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - A forehand winner from Djokovic seals a love service hold for the world number one before the change of ends. This game is cracking on at a fair pace so far, five games down in just 12 minutes.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - Becker is more than equal to a lob that Djokovic puts up, back-peddling up the court and firing off a blistering overhead that whizzes away from the court and the Serb to seal another hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Djokovic holds to 30 to move out in front once more, a careless cross court smash sent wide gifting Becker one of the points after a cracking forehand right onto the outside of the line as an approach shot.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - A very confident opening service game for Becker as he holds to love, producing his first ace of the day to seal the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - The clash between world number one Novak Djokovic and Germany's Benjamin Becker gets underway with a comfortable hold for the Serb.
- - Next up on Arthur Ashe will be world number one Novak Djokovic against Germany's Benjamin Becker. They should be on court in within the next 10 minutes.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||16/06/1981|