|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-7(2) 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Djokovic races through a love service hold to secure the win, despite that sloppy second set seized on by Federer. An unreturnable serve seals the match in the end and it is Djokovic who leads Group B after the first round of matches.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-7(2) 5-2 - Djokovic is well inside the baseline to drill a backhand return down the line for a winner and level at deuce (just two points away from victory). Federer earns himself another game point though with a much more forceful serve and a forehand volley winner before holding with another great serve out wide - Djokovic will have to serve out this match after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-7(2) 5-1 - A clever sliced serve out wide from Djokovic catches the outside of the line to bring up two game points after hawkeye confirms it was an ace. And another unreturnable serve seals the hold that leaves Federer serving to stay in the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-7(2) 4-1 - BREAK! Djokovic nonchalantly flicks a forehand across court for a winner that lands right on the sideline before going on to earn himself another two break points. The first Federer saves with a brutal rally that ends when Djokovic sends a forehand long. But the Serb secures the double break at the second attempt when Federer pulls a forehand wide aross court to end a 30-shot rally.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-7(2) 3-1 - A forehand sent sailing long by Federer squanders the chance to level up at 30-30 and instead hands Djokovic two game points. The first chance goes begging when the Serb nets a backhand drop shot attempt. But an ace down the centre of the court secures the game at the second attempt.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-7(2) 2-1 - Federer races through a love service hold in the blink of an eye, sealing the game in one minute and 11 seconds with an ace.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-7(2) 2-0 - Djokovic is forced to save an immediate break back point but does so with a speedy trip up to the net to pick up a decent drop shot by Federer. He does require a couple of goes at serving out the game but eventually does so, just as the clock ticks over to the two hour mark, with a forehand approach shot winner across court.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-7(2) 1-0 - BREAK! Djokovic really gets up inside the baseline for the opening point of this third set, working Federer from side to side before firing an inside out forehand winner across court to take the first point. He then takes the second and also the third to set up three early break points. Only the one is needed though as Federer slaps a forehand long to concede his serve at the earliest possibility in this decider.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-7(2) - SET! Federer only needs the one chance though, lifting a forehand lob high over the head of Djokovic from up at the net. The Serb races back but can only slap his forehand well long as he turns on the shot. This match will go to a third, final set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-6 (2-6) - TIE-BREAK! A huge first serve winner from Federer and a netted forehand from Djokovic hands the Swiss player four set points ...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-6 (2-4)- TIE-BREAK! Great stuff from both players but it is Federer who comes out on top with a forehand stop volley winner before taking the mini-break lead at the change of ends when he uses hawkeye to get a call of "out" overturned on a cross court forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-6 - A fourth ace from Federer helps him sneak 30-15 ahead before a backhand from Djokovic (off a very low slice from Fed) ends up in the top of the net hands the Swiss player two game points. The first goes begging with a netted forehand from up at the net but Federer does hold at the second attempt to force the tie-break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-5 - Djokovic looks to be cruising towards a comfortable service hold to 15 only for back-to-back errors to allow Federer to level at deuce. The Swiss takes full advantage bring up another break point with an attacking forehand but a huge serve out wide from Djokovic saves it. An inside out forehand passing shot winner hands Djokovic a game point which he then grabs when Federer nets a backhand. Fed will have to serve to stay in the match after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 5-5 - BREAK! Djokovic somehow manages to land a return from a blind lunge at the ball, Federer then hitting long to allow the Serb to level at 30-30. One of Federer's best serves of the day so far brings up set point but he goes long with a forehand down the centre of the court to squander it. Djokovic then brings up a break back point with a sensational flicked forehand pasing shot winner. The chance goes begging but the he does break at the second attempt when Fed nets a forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-5 - An absolutely brutal serve from Djokovic, nothing Federer could do about that, and the Serb holds without any drama to force his Swiss opponent to serve for this second set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-5 - Federer holds on to his serve this time, albeit not before Djokovic has pushed him to deuce. But a forehand return long from the Serb secures the hold for Federer in the end and Djokovic will have to serve to stay in this second set now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-3 - BREAK! A backhand long from Djokovic after a lengthy rally, followed by another backhand error (his eighth), this time looped wide across court, hands Federer three more break points. Fed only needs the one though as he flicks a forehand passing shot winner across court, the ball catching the net on the way though, although Djokovic would not have got to it either way.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-3 - BREAK! A very gutsy second serve from Federer right onto the service line denies Djokovic on an immediate break back point when the Serb is unable to do anything with his return but put it in the net. But Djokovic gets a second chance after a bit of luck when his backhand passing shot attempt catches the top of the tape and bounces up high over Federer's racquet. This time Federer slaps down a double fault to concede the game. All square once again.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-3 - BREAK! Djokovic completely mis-hits a backhand, the ball clattering off the frame and landing well wide as the Serb drops the racquet behind his head. Break point Federer. Djokovic saves it but fails to take advantage of a game point when Federer finds the line with a forehand that the Serb can only net. This time Federer does break, Djokovic sending a backhand long down the line
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-2 - Much, much more emphatic from Federer as he holds to love to level up, working his way into the net and drilling the forehand drive volley across court for a winner to seal the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-1 - Good vision from Djokovic as he races up to the net, seeing Federer moving across the court to cover the down the line shot and putting his backhand pick-up across court for a winner as a result. From there the Serb goes on to hold with a big first serve that Federer cannot return in play.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-1 - A shake of the head from Federer now as he hits consecutive unforced errors to hand Djokovic another break point. The Serb is unable to take his chance and sends a forehand of his own long before Federer squanders a game point with a forehand into the net. But another error from Djokovic and Federer goes on to hold. A few errors from both men early in this second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-0 - Djokovic's turn this time to net a routine forehand, the Serb shaking his head and raising his arms in disgust at his mistake. But he has a comfortable 40-15 lead before the error and quickly makes amends to holdfor the opening game of this second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 - SET! Federer takes the first point of the game with a high forehand volley winner into the open court atfer ghosting in behind a forehand. But he again gifts Djokovic a 15-30 lead with a poor forehand, which he sends wide, before handing the Serb two set points with another forehand error. Fed saves the first with another trip into the net and a forehand volley winner but another forehand wide (inside out across court this time) and Djokovic has the first set at the second attempt
- - DJOKOVIC 5-4 - Djokovic slips on the baseline as he attempts to get up to a drop shot from Federer and now it is the Swiss player who finds himself 15-30 up. Djokovic levels with a smash winner across court but then slaps down his second double fault of the game. Break point Federer. Fed misses an absolute sitter of a forehand down the line after running round the ball and Djokovic survives the break point before holding when his opponent nets a backhand down the line.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-4 - Federer nets a routine forehand and hands Djokovic a 15-30 lead for the first time in the match. A big point for the Swiss player. He levels when Djokovic sends a running forehand just wide across court, confirmed by hawkeye. And from there Federer goes on to hold with a fantastic first serve that Djokovic can only net on a lunging forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - Djokovic moves another game closer to the first set as he holds once again for the loss of just the one point, Federer ending the game with an inside out forehand return wide across court.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - Federer lines up one of his one-handed backhand and thumps a winner down the line before a forehand winner and a first serve that the Serb can only net helps him hold to love and level up once more. Six games in and these two men look very well matched today.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - Djokovic moves ahead once more with a hold of his own to 15, firing down an unreturnable serve to seal the game in only just over a minute.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - Federer levels with a comfortable service hold, sealing the game to 15 with a big first serve and a trip into the net, albeit one that is not needed as Djokovic's return sails out.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Djokovic looks to be cruising towards another comfortable hold as he finds a forehand winner despite a call of "out" from the crowd. But an inside out forehand wide across court allows Federer to level at 30-30 before Djokovic can hold on with a backhand winner and sneak out in front once more.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Djokovic levels at 30-30 with a blistering change-of-direction backhand winner down the line. But Federer is quick to shut down the threat and holds just two points later when the Serb sends a forehand long of the baseline.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Federer gets his first point of the match with a cross court forehand winner that Djokovic stops the point to challenge only to be proven wrong. The ball was in fact in. But the Serb holds for the loss of just that one point with a cross court backhand that Federer can only slice back into the net.
20:13 - The players are ready to go and it will be Novak Djokovic to get the clash underway having won the toss and opted to serve first...
20:11 - The warm-up just about completed, but who do you think will triumph tonight? Yes, Djokovic won the last two but before that Federer won two in a row - at Wimbledon and in Cincinnati last year. Why not get in touch on Twitter @pippawdavis. Why not get in touch on Twitter @pippawdavis.
20:02 - The players are just about to walk out on to court now, Novak Djokovic following Roger Federer out on to court.
- Djokovic and Federer have faced each other 30 times before with Federer narrowly leading the head-to-heads by 16 wins to 14. But Djokovic has won their last two clashes including in the final of this very tournament this time last year and in the semi-finals in Paris on Saturday. They were both very close though, Djokovic triumphing 7-6(6) 7-5 last year and then in three sets last week.
- This is the second match from Group B, Juan Martin Del Potro having come from behind to beat Richard Gasquet in three sparkling sets yesterday.
- Hello and welcome to our live coverage of the encounter between former world number ones Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer at the ATP World Tour Finals.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|