|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Thanks for joining us for that enjoyable match. Later we have Djokovic v Del Potro, which looks set to be the one that decides who wins this group. That will start at 8pm.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-3 GASQUET: GAME SET AND MATCH FEDERER! Gasquet with a strange mis-hit into the air and another match point, which Federer drops as he glides one long. And another, which he again loses, this time backhanding weakly short. Fifth match point now and again Federer loses it by netting from close-ish range. And now a sixth as Gasquet once more puts in a bizarre mis-hit... and Federer takes his sixth match point as Gasquet nets.
- - FEDERER 6-4 5-3 GASQUET: Gasquet in a spot of bother but finds his serve to level at 30. But a match point appears for Federer, which he fails to take with a rare error, pounding to net with Gas stranded. Deuce. But another match point and, after an enthrallng rally, Federer cracks first as he skews a forehand wide. Strange error from him.
- - FEDERER 6-4 5-3 GASQUET: Possibly the shot of the match comes from Gasquet, a fizzing backhand winner down the line, not quite an inside-out but similar in outcome. Deuce on the Fed serve... And now Gas has a break point, but saved as Federer lobs him with the backhand after facing down a blast from the net! Crikey! Make that the best point! Fed holds as Gasquet overcooks his next return. Gasquet serving to stay in the match.
- - FEDERER 6-4 4-3 GASQUET: Nice volley across court from Gasquet, who stooped into it after Federer initially gave him the runaround. 30-30. Crunching forehand for game point, and Gasquet holds as Federer nets a backhand.
- - FEDERER 6-4 4-2 GASQUET: Another break point for Gasquet but, after a point that can only be descriped as 'swooping', he nets first. Both men were gliding along the baseline into diving forehands and such. They flirt off deuce for a spell but Roger holds.
- - FEDERER 6-4 3-2 GASQUET: Comfortable hold of serve by Gasquet. He knows that Federer will tire eventually but he may be out of sight by then.
- - FEDERER 6-4 3-1 GASQUET: After much to-ing and fro-ing Federer holds in the end as Gasquet flaps at a backhand, sending it to the Isle of Dogs. Vital for Fed to defend that break, this could be Gas done for.
- FEDERER 6-4 2-1 GASQUET: Gasquet has a break point all of a sudden but Fed rips out one of his untouchable serves to bring deuce. He passes the Frenchman with a searing backhand and thinks he has held with an ace but it was inches wide. He then nets under a touch of pressure and it's back to deuce. And break point Gasquet again as he gives Fed the runaround before burying a second volley. Oh but another Fed drop shotfor deuce! Gasquet could see it but he couldn't make it.
- - FEDERER 6-4 2-1 GASQUET: Fed brings up break point with a glorious flying backhand volley. Gasquet saves it with a solid first serve that Fed nets. Gasquet has found his serve under pressure and holds.
- - FEDERER 6-4 2-0 GASQUET: Federer holds comfortably to back up his break. Looking good for him now.
- - FEDERER 6-4 1-0 GASQUET: BREAK! Perfect start to the second set for Federer as he breaks Gasquet after a scintillating rally that brought both men to net and saw Fed mix-up volleys and cheeky chips across the net.
- - FEDERER 6-4 GASQUET: SET! Another slow-mo drop puts Fed 30-0, thought Gasquet almost got that one, flicking just a bit too low to net as he dived in. Three set points which Federer takes as Gasquet returns long.
- - FEDERER 5-4 GASQUET: BREAK! Now Federer has two break points as Gasquet lets out a self-addressed roar after conceding the point. And he completely loses his head with a wild, lashing forehand that flies over Fed's head - and he was sat deep.
- - FEDERER 4-4 GASQUET: BREAK BACK! Couple of break-back points for Gasquet now as Fed mishits a forehand winner to net; an ace claws one back... But the Swiss is broken back with a wild backhand as Gasquet pressed forward!
- - FEDERER 4-3 GASQUET: Another pleasing game on the eye as Gasquet holds to 30 after Fed nets a volley he should have buried. Best shot by the Frenchman? A flashing switch from the backhand to a crunching winner down the line.
- - FEDERER 4-2 GASQUET: Stylish love hold from Federer, who bamboozles Gasquet with a quite astonishing drop shot that hung in slow-motion.
- - FEDERER 3-2 GASQUET: Gasquet misses an easy volley that would have closed the hold. 40-30, but Gasquet does stay in touch after an old-fashioned backhand exchange drags Fed widest.
- - FEDERER 3-1 GASQUET: Cute exchange at the net which Fed takes with a backhand volley for 30-0. A delicate sliced drop-shot for 40-0, fantastic disguise on that. Gasquet claws one back but Federer holds as the Frenchman returns long.
- - FEDERER 2-1 GASQUET: BREAK! Wonderful backhand across court from Federer and Gasquet, for all his promise, stares down a break point - which he concedes with an unforced error, scooping weakly to net.
- - FEDERER 1-1 GASQUET: A timeless exchange of single-handed backhands until Federer switches to his forehand and overhits one. His next attempt to turn it to his forehand sees the Swiss net and Gasquet has a sniff... But Fed levels, a crisp winner down the line a joy to behold. A wonderful cross-crout backhand winner from Gasquet makes it deuce, but Fed holds with a forehand winner. Nice, but the Frenchman made him work for it!
14:15 - FEDERER 0-1 GASQUET: Comfortable hold for Gasquet to get things underway.
14:10 - HEAD TO HEAD: Federer, predictably, leads 10-2 in career wins but Gasquet is a man in form. Expect some lovely exchanges between these two, with the single-handed backhand coming to the fore. Retro.
14:05 - Both men lost their opening matches after putting up good fights, Federer outlasted by Djokovic in the end and Gasquet unlucky against Del Potro. While victory is not imperative, you'd have to fancy the loser here to exit before the semi-finals.
14:00 - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of Roger Federer and Richard Gasquet's ATP World Tour Finals group stage clash.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|