|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - The defeat means Ferrer is almost certainly heading home after losing two matches and four sets without reply. Berdych must now try to beat Rafa Nadal to have a chance of progressing. Wawrinka will be favourite to join the world number one in the last four as he takes on an out-of-sorts Ferrer in his third and final match of the Group A round robin.
- - FERRER 4-6 4-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Berdych keeps his tournament hopes alive with another serving masterclass. A booming ace tees up three match points and he seals the victory with another ace to take it to 15.
- - FERRER 4-6 4-5 - BREAK! On cue Berdych steps up and takes advantage of a dip in Ferrer's serving standard to rack up three break points. A wild forehand from the Czech provides Ferrer with some hope but the Spaniard guides one well wide in the next point to hand his opponent the chance to serve for the match.
- - FERRER 4-6 4-4 - Too good once again from the Berd-Man. Ferrer gets a glimmer of hope at 30-15 but he's given no chance to fight his way into the rally and another ace seals it. One of these players needs to take a gamble on their returns and really go for it.
- - FERRER 4-6 4-3 - The world number three has got his mojo going and Berdych isn't having the same deadly impact on his service now. It's another easy hold. The games are rattling by in this second set.
- - FERRER 4-6 3-3 - This second set looks on course for a tie break. Berdych has got a good rhythm going on his serve while Ferrer's has improved as the match has gone on. The Spaniard gets a racket to the first rocket but is then left swinging at air when the Czech thumps down ace number five. Another ace clinches a perfect game which is all the more impressive against one of the tour's best returners.
- - FERRER 4-6 3-2 - A good hold for Ferrer as Berdych fails to make any impact. The Spaniard dominates the rallies and forces the Czech to fire a shot down the line into the net to secure the game to love.
- - FERRER 4-6 2-2 - When Berdych comes to the net he is an imposing figure to pass and he's used it to good effect at times tonight. It sets him on his way in what is another comfortable service game. The only blip being his second double fault of the contest. But he cancels that out with ace number four to take it to 15.
- - FERRER 4-6 2-1 - Ferrer appears to have got a second wind and serves out one of his better service games of the match thus far to 15.
- - FERRER 4-6 1-1 - A chink of light for Ferrer as Berdych starts to overcook some of his forehands. But at 30-30 the Czech thumps downs an un-returnable serve and the Spaniard inexplicably fires a shot down the line wide to gift his opponent the hold.
- - FERRER 4-6 1-0 - Ferrer is being made to work for every single point on his serve and the Spaniard is playing some tired shots out there. The Berd-Man forces him to save two break points before his resilience pays off and he somehow manages to hold. Berdych needs to make a higher percentage of the break points he's had count if he is going to pull off a victory here.
- - FERRER 4-6 - SET! Buoyed by the break, Berdych is in no mood to let the opportunity slip. A punishing volley at the net sets him on his way and a rasping overhead finishes off Ferrer to 15.
- - FERRER 4-5 - BREAK! The crosscourt forehand is doing some real damage for Berdych and it sees him tee up two more break points at 15-40. He wastes another with a shot into the net but finally makes it count with a clinical volley at the net. The Czech will now serve for the first set.
- - FERRER 4-4 - Superb ground work by Ferrer sees him pick up a deep volley from Berdych and fire a lovely winner down the line for the opening point. It sets up his first real challenge on the Berd-Man's serve. A double fault and a long forehand take it to deuce - but Berdych responds with two angled forehands to level it up.
- - FERRER 4-3 - The Little Beast is forced to dig very deep to hold. The Spaniard seems content to slog it out from the baseline, looking to force the error from his opponent. Berdych is the only one really going for the winners and it's starting to reap some rewards. The Czech sees three break points go begging before finally going down to an ace after a third deuce.
- - FERRER 3-3 - More big hitting from the Czech as he follows up a rasping serve with a thumping forehand winner. A third ace of the match seals the game to love. As routine as service games come.
- - FERRER 3-2 - The Berd-man grabs the opening point but then contrives to hand an easy game to his opponent as he fires long on three separate occasions. If he can cut out the unforced errors he could have some joy on the Ferrer serve.
- - FERRER 2-2 - Still with serve and those predicting a long evening look to have called it right so far. Berdych rattles through this one, searing down a couple of aces to clinch it to 15. That final serve was a whopping 134mph.
- - FERRER 2-1 - The Little Beast has more trouble holding serve this time, crashing a double fault into the net to hand Berdych a chance at deuce. Ferrer responds to the setback and then forces a long forehand from the Czech to take the game. A cagey opening to this match.
- - FERRER 1-1 - Ferrer makes an early dent on the Berdych serve but the Czech responds with some powerful strokes. An error into the net from the world number three and a piledriver from the baseline by Berdych sees him take the game to 15.
- - FERRER 1-0 - A confident and purposeful start by the Spaniard who romps to a perfect opening service game.
- - Here we go then. The warm up is over and we are all set. Ferrer to get us underway by serving first.
20.10 - Meanwhile, Ferrer lamented the lack of rest periods between matches. He said: "I played a lot of matches these past seven weeks. The quarter-finals, semi-finals and final in Paris were very close matches. Now I only have one day to rest. It is not an excuse. To beat these types of players it's very important to rest and to be in perfect condition."
20.08 - Speaking ahead of the clash Berdych was upbeat despite facing an uphill task to make the last four. He said: "A losing start is not a good one. But there are still two more matches to go. The opponents on paper look even tougher. It's not going to be easy at all. There is no easy match from this tournament, definitely not."
20.07 - Ferrer dominates the head-to-head having won seven of their 10 meetings. The Spaniard has triumphed four times in their five showdowns on hard courts, including a victory in the Paris Masters last week. Who is going to triumph tonight? Tweet Paul Hassall your predictions
20.05 - Both players make their entrance to loud cheers. Let the warm up commence!
20.04 - This is the second round-robin match at this tournament for both players. Ferrer went down to a heavy defeat against Nadal in his first clash while Berdych was edged out by Wawrinka. Whoever loses tonight will be set for an early exit.
20.02 - Earlier today Rafael Nadal booked his place in the last four with a narrow 7-6, 7-6 success over Stanislas Wawrinka. Game by game: Nadal v Wawrinka
20.00 - Good evening and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the Group A meeting between Tomas Berdych and David Ferrer at the ATP Tour finals.
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|