|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH - WILLIAMS 6-3 6-3 HANTUCHOVA - Hantuchova is guilty of a couple of errors from the back of the court, gifting Serena two match points. The first one is saved when the world No. 1 goes for a clean winner off the serve, but misses. An ace takes the game to deuce, but Serena proves too good - seeing out the match in style.
- - WILLIAMS 6-3 5-3 HANTUCHOVA - Serena's now just one game away from the match. The American serves her way to a 40-15 hold, giving Hantuchova no sniff of a break-back point.
- - WILLIAMS 6-3 4-3 HANTUCHOVA - Serena is still totally flawless on the Hantuchova serve. She's a little fortunate to catch a net cord midway through the Slovak's game, but breaks to 15 with consummate ease.
- - BREAK - WILLIAMS 6-3 3-3 HANTUCHOVA - She's done it! There's a real sense of urgency from Hantuchova as Serena takes to the baseline to serve. The Slovak comes forward and takes the ball early, punishing the American's serve to break to love. Now, then...
- - WILLIAMS 6-3 3-2 HANTUCHOVA - Hantuchova continues to keep pace with Serena in this second set and secures another comfortable hold. The American is in a rush on serve, though, and the Slovak just can't get a foothold. She'll have to come up with something quickly if she is to stay in this match.
- - WILLIAMS 6-3 3-1 HANTUCHOVA - Serena cruising now. The world No. 1 races through her service game, and, with that early break in her favour, can see the finish line...
- - WILLIAMS 6-3 2-1 HANTUCHOVA - Well played, Dani. After a slow start to this second set, her serve is much-improved and she stays in touch on the scoreboard.
- - WILLIAMS 6-3 2-0 HANTUCHOVA - Williams still may not be at her best, but is starting to fire and is looking too good for Hantuchova at the minute. She consolidates the break with a hold to 15.
- - BREAK - WILLIAMS 6-3 1-0 HANTUCHOVA - Shocking opening service game from Hantuchova. The Slovak looks devoid of any creativity or ingenuity, and her lacklustre serve is given the treatment. A break to 15, and this match could be over shortly...
- - SET - WILLIAMS 6-3 HANTUCHOVA - Hantuchova engineers another couple of break points, but Serena goes down the middle on consecutive points, acing her opponent to draw back level at deuce. And the No. 1 seed gets over the line with a perfectly-weighted drop shot from mid-court.
- - WILLIAMS 5-3 HANTUCHOVA - A calm service game from Hantuchova, who shows no nerves as she bids to stay in the set. A comfortable hold to 15 capped off by a lovely cross-court backhand pass.
- - WILLIAMS 5-2 HANTUCHOVA - Serena consolidates the break, but faces another break point on serve. Hantuchova takes it to the American, forcing the issue from the baseline and is up 30-40, but Serena fires down her fifth ace of the match to take it to deuce. She doesn't stop there and forces the 31st seed to miss consecutive forehands. Hantuchova will now serve to stay in the set.
- - BREAK - WILLIAMS 4-2 HANTUCHOVA - Ahhhhh, there she is. Serena has looked a little off the boil so far, but is back to her usual relentless best as she breaks Hantuchova to 15. That's an important time to break and the Slovak will have it all to do to save this set now.
- - WILLIAMS 3-2 HANTUCHOVA - The Slovak has another half chance to get something from the Serena serve at 15-30, but pushes her inside-out forehand long of the baseline. And though she's not firing on all cylinders as of yet, the American bludgeons her way to another hold.
- - WILLIAMS 2-2 HANTUCHOVA - This really is a fantastic start from Hantuchova, who is playing the better tennis of the two so far. Having had the chance to break Serena's serve in the previous game, she races through her own serve to hand the American the balls back in double-quick time.
- - WILLIAMS 2-1 HANTUCHOVA - Serena holds, but only just. Hantuchova carves out a break point with some smart tennis from the baseline, but the world No. 1 powers her way to a hold with two booming forehand winners.
- - WILLIAMS 1-1 HANTUCHOVA - Supremely easy hold for Hantuchova, who responds to Serena's hold to 15 with a hold to love. The Slovakian's pinpoint serves prove too hot for the American to handle.
- - WILLIAMS 1-0 HANTUCHOVA - Serena comes flying out of the blocks and takes a 30-0 lead, but is pegged back by Hantuchova who dominates from the baseline. Two consecutive unreturned serves ensure the American holds.
- - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the day's action from the Rod Laver Arena. Up first is world number one Serena Williams who takes on Daniela Hantuchova.
|Date of Birth||26/09/1981|
|Date of Birth||23/04/1983|