|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for rising star Muguruza will be fifth seed Agnieszka Radwanska, who came through a tough three-setter earlier today herself. That is an intriguing clash for Monday.
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-7 6-3 MUGURUZA - Another nervy service game from Wozniacki quickly results in three match points for Muguruza, the Dane netting a forehand after some brutal hitting from her 20-year-old opponent. And, in the end, only one is needed, Muguruza belting the ball over the net relentlessly until Wozniacki goes wide down the line with a stretched backhand. Fantastic stuff from the in-form young Spaniard.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-7 5-3 MUGURUZA - Wozniacki, with nothing to lose, absolutely belts the ball back at Muguruza and quickly sets up three break back points. The Spaniard saves the first two but can do nothing about the third as Wozniacki forces her way into the net and eventually finds the forehand volley winner down the line. The Dane will still have to serve to stay in the match though.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-7 5-2 MUGURUZA - A much better game from Wozniacki as he holds to love to just about hang on in this match. Muguruza sends a forehand return long to end the game but she will have the chance to serve for the match after the change of ends
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-7 1-5 MUGURUZA: Wozniacki is falling apart, her game at the moment typified by a loose forehand from the baseline that goes well long. Muguruza consolidates that break of serve and she's now just one game from victory.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-7 1-4 MUGURUZA: Muguruza edges towards victory as she secures a double break after forcing forces deuce and then a break point. Wozniacki needs to pull something special out of her kit bag sharpish, or she'll be packing it up and heading home.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-7 1-3 MUGURUZA - Wozniacki just overcooks an off-balance backhand down the centre of the court to help Muguruza on her way towards a much more solid service hold, consolidating the break for the Spaniard in the process.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-7 1-2 MUGURUZA - Error-strewn stuff from Wozniacki as she concedes her serve for the second time in succession, managing just one point. Muguruza had to do barely anything in that game to re-establish her break lead.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-7 1-1 MUGURUZA - Ouch. Just like early in the first set, Muguruza hands all the initiative back to Wozniacki as she throws in a poor service game, culminating in a double fault, to concede her break advantage. Back on serve in this final set.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-7 0-1 MUGURUZA - Muguruza maintains her momentum by snatching an early break in this final set. The Spaniard moves Wozniacki around the baseline, eventually over-stretching the Dane and drawing the backhand long to secure the advantage.
- - SET - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-7 MUGURUZA - Muguruza races through the first three points o bring about triple set point. A backhand long squanders the first but another fine serve seals her seal the second set and force the decider when Wozniacki nets a backhand. This match will go the distance.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-6 MUGURUZA - This is becoming a real battle of attrition now as it's first blood to Muguruza as she breaks when Wozniacki goes for too much on a second serve and slaps down a double fault. The Spaniard will serve for the second set...
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-5 MUGURUZA - Great hold from Muguruza, despite a double fault at a potentially crucial time. But the Spaniard finds a way to hold on, sealing the game when Wozniacki nets a forehand return.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 5-4 MUGURUZA - Testing times coming up for Muguruza who will have to serve to stay in the match after the change of ends as Wozniacki again eases through a quick and easy service hold.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 4-4 MUGURUZA - The Spaniard is forced to save three more break points, an ace, a forehand volley and a backhand down the line doing the honours, before somehow managing to find a way to hold and keep things on serve.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 4-3 MUGURUZA - Wozniacki races through a love service game to keep the pressure firmly on the young Spaniard's shoulders. The Dane is prowling around the baseline, there's no way she want this to go down to the wire.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 3-3 MUGURUZA - Another wayward forehand goes long of the baseline from Muguruza as she tries to apply too much pressure and it hands Wozniacki a break point. The chance goes begging as Wozniacki's forehand return sneaks just long and Muguruza goes on to hold after a booming forehand drive volley winner.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 3-2 MUGURUZA - Wozniacki clearly eager to re-assert herself in this match once again as she powers through a very speedy service hold and marches back to the chair with a determined look on her face.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 2-2 MUGURUZA - This match is really starting to liven up now as Muguruza continues her recovery from that blip late in the opening set. The Spaniard wins back-to-back lengthy rallies with forehand winners to level up this second set
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 2-1 MUGURUZA - There's a brief discussion between Muguruza and the umpire about a time violation for the Spaniard, taking too long between points. Muguruza doesn't seem too happy about it but it doesn't affect the outcome of the game as Wozniacki was already firmly in control and quickly posts another hold.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 1-1 MUGURUZA - A confidence-building hold for Muguruza and she even finds an ace in the process as she seals the game with a booming forehand that was more reminiscent of the early stages of the match.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-4 1-0 MUGURUZA - Muguruza's play has completely got away from her, just a little inexperience telling at the moment, as Wozniacki races through another service hold for her fourth game in a row. The Dane has also won 17 of the last 20 points.
- - SET - WOZNIACKI 6-4 MUGURUZA - Muguruza has lost her way a bit in the last few games as she slaps down a double fault to hand Wozniacki a set point. And the Dane only needs the one as another Muguruza forehand goes astray.
- - WOZNIACKI 5-4 MUGURUZA - Wow! Wozniacki has fired herself up and completely turned this set around in the last two games, following up her love break with a love service hold, Muguruza sending a forehand long of the baseline once more. She will have to serve to stay in this second set.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 4-4 MUGURUZA - Oh ouch. Not such a great game from the Spaniard as her ground-strokes go astray. Wozniacki breaks back to love as a Muguruza backhand sails long.
- - WOZNIACKI 3-4 MUGURUZA - Wozniacki keeps the pressure on with a hold that leaves her just the one break adrift. Muguruza only just missed her forehand down the centre of the court though and is sticking with her early agressive tactics from the Spaniard.
- - WOZNIACKI 2-4 MUGURUZA - Wozniacki just marginally misses a forehand long of the baseline and Muguruza follows it up with a booming first serve down the centre of the court that the Dane can only clip with the frame of her racquet.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 2-3 MUGURUZA - Sensational from Muguruza as she whips an inside out backhand, which only landed just in front of her, away across court and on to the sideline to break the Wozniacki serve for a second time in this second set. She leads once again.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 2-2 MUGURUZA - Super hitting from both women as both of them cover every inch of the baseline. But it ends in Wozniacki's favour as Muguruza gets a little overstretched and puts a forehand just behind her into the net. The Dane squanders the chance with a low forehand into the net but she gets another chance and this time she does get the break back when Muguruza nets a forehand of her own.
- - WOZNIACKI 1-2 MUGURUZA - Better from Wozniacki this time around as she holds, albeit not without a little trouble, to 30. The Dane, slightly belatedly, gets on the scoreboard with a blistering forehand winner battered straight down the line after running around the ball.
- - WOZNIACKI 0-2 MUGURUZA - The Spaniard has to quickly defend a couple of break points of her own but does so without too much trouble and whips a ferocious forehand winner across court to seal the hold after a couple of deuces. This is not going to be an easy match for Wozniacki.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 0-1 MUGURUZA - Fantastic start from the Spaniard, who already has seven wins to her name so far this year. She races through an opening break to 15, when Wozniacki nets a backhand. The Dane a bit slow to start there.
- - The players are just about ready to go and it will be Wozniacki to serve first. Here we go...
- - Next up on Rod Laver Arena will be Danish 10th seed Caroline Wozniacki taking on Spaian's Garbine Muguruza.
|Date of Birth||08/10/1993|
|Date of Birth||11/07/1990|