|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - LI 6-2 6-0 MAKAROVA: Game, set and match! Li marches into a last eight meeting with Penetta after a double-quick win over the hapless Russian, sealing the triumph with a stunning volley at the net to take the game to love. Supreme stuff from the Chinese who wraps up victory in 59 minutes.
- - LI 6-2 5-0 MAKAROVA: BREAK! It's all over bar the shouting. More misery for the Russian as the relentless hitting machine of Li Na makes it a triple break. The number four seed will now serve for the match.
- - Over on Laver, it's a break apiece for Williams v Ivanovic. S Williams v A Ivanovic | Live | 2014 | Australian Open
- - LI 6-2 4-0 MAKAROVA: From out of the blue comes a lifeline for Makarova as she races into a 15-40 lead. But once again she fails to make a glimmer of hope count. A wasteful crosscourt attempt goes wide when she's in total control of the rally to allow Li the reprieve and the Chinese sees it out to stay two breaks up.
- - LI 6-2, 3-0 MAKAROVA: BREAK! Li is now one set and two breaks to the good as a couple of stunning backhand winners leave her on course for that last eight showdown with Pennetta. Makarova simply has no answer to this onslaught.
- - PHOTO: Happier times for Makarova in her win over Falconi.
- - LI 6-2, 2-0 MAKAROVA: It's not all plain sailing for Li as the occasional moment of magic from Makarova means she's at least giving it a go. But the Chinese is winning the points that matter and at 40-30 she conjures up another to make that early break count.
- - PHOTO: Li celebrates her win over Sufarova in round three.
- - LI 6-2 1-0 MAKAROVA: BREAK! Li races out of the traps and tees up three break points to put Makarova under immediate pressure. The Russian claws back two but a woeful second serve allows the Chinese to seize her chance and win it with a cool forehand at the net.
- - Some injury news regarding Britain's Laura Robson.
- - LI 6-2 MAKAROVA: SET! The Russian produces two superb winners but it's not enough to stop Li, who wraps up the set inside 35 minutes with a rasping shot that fizzes down the line.
- - LI 5-2 MAKAROVA: BREAK! The Chinese takes a strong hold of the contest with a double break as Makarova's second serve proves a real liability. Li will now serve for the set with new balls.
- - Over on Laver, it's time for Serena. S Williams v A Ivanovic | Live | 2014 | Australian Open
- - LI 4-2 MAKAROVA: Makarova fires a miscue from Li long and wastes her big chance to break back. Li takes control at deuce and cries out a yelp of joy as the Russian misses the line to hand her the game.
- - Pennetta enjoying her post-match duties following her 6-1 4-6 7-5 success over on Rod Laver Arena.
- - LI 3-2 MAKAROVA: Makarova is being made to work hard to stay in it with Li keen to take full advantage of the Russian's tentative serve. The number four seed forces deuce but can't secure the double break as she fires long to provide the 22 seed with some respite.
- - So, one of these will face Pennetta in the last eight - but who else is left in the draw? Tennis - Australian Open women Women
- - LI 3-1 MAKAROVA: Li consolidates the break, taking advantage of a couple of errors by her opponent to lead 40-0. Makarova briefly rallies, but the Chinese takes control with a thumping forehand that the 22 seed can only steer long.
- - LI 2-1 MAKAROVA - BREAK! Li wears away at her opponent with some clever baseline hitting, teeing up two break points with a searing backhand across court. She then breaks with the first one as Makarova's drop volley slips harmlessly into the net.
- - BREAKING: The winner of this showdown will face Flavia Pennetta in the last eight.
- - LI 1-1 MAKAROVA : It's deja vu as Li finds herself in early trouble in her first service game to trail 0-30. But she manages to dig deep and follows up a swinging ace with a strong first service that Makarova can only crash into the net.
- - VIDEO: Action from the duo's meeting in last year's US Open.
- - LI 0-1 MAKAROVA : The Russian overcomes some early nerves to storm back from 0-30 and hold serve. A cross-court error from the Chinese gifts her opponent a confidence-boosting start.
- - Here we go then, Makarova to serve first.
01.55 - HEAD-TO-HEAD: Li has won all four of the previous meetings between the two players, including a 6-4, 6-7, 6-2 triumph at last year's US Open. However, it's worth noting that the Russian has forced the Chinese to a decisive set on three of those outings.
01.52 - The two players are out on court and running through their warm up.
01.50 - As for Makarova, she got her campaign off to a flyer with a three-set success over Venus Williams and followed that up with straight set victories over Irina Falconi and Monica Niculescu.
01.47 - VIDEO: Watch the best action from Li's comeback victory over Safarova.
01.45 - ROAD TO ROUND FOUR: Li eased past Ana Konjuh and Belinda Bencic in round one and two respectively before fighting back from match point down to see off Lucie Safarova last time out. The Czech failed to claim a famous scalp when she misfired on match point, allowing Li to fight back and secure a 1-6, 7-6, 6-3 triumph.
01.38 - First up at the Hisense Arena on day seven of this year's Australian Open, fourth seed Na Li faces Russian Ekaterina Makarova (22) in what promises to be a keenly-contested fourth round battle. The two players are due on court shortly.
|Date of Birth||26/02/1982|
|Date of Birth||07/06/1988|